Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Boomerang Jet Kits Announcement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Boomerang Jet Kits Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Kilroy Richardson
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boomerang Jet Kits Announcement

Kilroy R/C Building Service announces - After acquiring, supplying and shipping Boomerang Jet Merchandise, I have decided when the present stock is exhausted I will not be reordering any additional products. Currently I do have some kits and additional parts for all kits in stock, but as the supplies decrease this will be the end of selling Boomerang Jets merchandise for me. For further Information please contact Kilroy Richardson via e-mail [email protected] or phone 214-502-3598.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:32 AM
chopper52

What a Joke!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:35 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess this is what happens when you give a good busness to someone that doesn't care, or have the ability to run it right. This is the reply I got when asking about a kit. Copy of e-mail
I do not have Elans and I don't have going out of business prices.

Kilroy

On 09/15/14, Powers, George wrote:

Do You have any elan’s in stock if so what is the going out of business price? If not what do you have in stock. Thanks George
Old 09-15-2014, 07:40 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are they going to resell the distributorship rights or ?? I hate to see an entire kit line drop off the western hemisphere's face. Heck, I'd consider it if we only knew what was going on?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 AM
DAVAL
My Feedback: (6)

I have been looking for a Torus ARF or a nice one built for the past month's, Guess that is not going to happen soon.
I can't believe that someone wouldn't pick up the dealership
Old 09-15-2014, 08:22 AM
aquaskiman

Todd at Dreamworks needs to pick them up
Old 09-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Another case of "shooting the messenger", in this case Kilroy, whom I have known since meeting him and his wife at MAB a couple of years ago.

After extensive chats with Patricia and Kilroy before the retirement of Patricia for personal reasons, it became clear that serious problems existed for some time with Boomerang Jets.

I would suggest you direct your questions about the future of BJets to Alan Cardash and Colin Gontier, as well as the Asian connection(s) and not do a classic "RCU Trash Kilroy"

As of 2 weeks ago, Kilroy had 2 BXL in the Thunderbird scheme and 1 Sprint in the military scheme left. He also has quite a few spare parts left, but not enough to make up a complete kit of the Elan or Torus.

TA

Last edited by Tom Antlfinger; 09-15-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:15 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Antlfinger
Another case of "shooting the messenger", in this case Kilroy, whom I have known since meeting him and his wife at MAB a couple of years ago.

After extensive chats with Patricia and Kilroy before the retirement of Patricia for personal reasons, it became clear that serious problems existed for some time with Boomerang Jets.

I would suggest you direct your questions about the future of BJets to Alan Cardash and Colin Gontier, as well as the Asian connection(s) and not do a classic "RCU Trash Kilroy"

As of 2 weeks ago, Kilroy had 2 BXL in the Thunderbird scheme and 1 Sprint in the military scheme left. He also has quite a few spare parts left, but not enough to make up a complete kit of the Elan or Torus.

TA
+1!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 AM
aquaskiman

Shooting the messenger................I asked what other kits he had in stock and got (I don't have going out of business prices) He said in this post that he had some kits. After this answer I would not buy anything from him!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:27 AM
AndyAndrews

You asked him a question and he gave you an answer. How is that a problem? Look the guy doesn't want to sell this stuff anymore. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Old 09-15-2014, 09:32 AM
aquaskiman

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
You asked him a question and he gave you an answer. How is that a problem? Look the guy doesn't want to sell this stuff anymore. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Where does it tell me what kits he has in stock? Did you not read my questions to him, as in two questions. He answered one. Why is that so hard for you to understant?
Old 09-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

George,

Is it possible he could of taken the "Going out of Business" comment wrong? He states they will no longer order or sell Boomerang parts/kits after his current stock is out. Not that he is closing up shop.

Turbulence
Old 09-15-2014, 09:43 AM
aquaskiman

Originally Posted by Turbulence
George,

Is it possible he could of taken the "Going out of Business" comment wrong? He states they will no longer order or sell Boomerang parts/kits after his current stock is out. Not that he is closing up shop.

Turbulence
Yes that is true, but it would of only taken a second to say something like...I am not going out of business so no sale prices but we do have XXX in stock. I was not smart in my questions and thanked him.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:47 AM
AndyAndrews

Originally Posted by aquaskiman
Yes that is true, but it would of only taken a second to say something like...I am not going out of business so no sale prices but we do have XXX in stock. I was not smart in my questions and thanked him.
Look buddy, all you had to do at that point is to ask him again if he had any other kits in stock, not make a federal case out of it. I'm sure he would have been happy to answer that question again given the oversight of not answering that portion of your question. Some people...
Old 09-15-2014, 09:52 AM
aquaskiman

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Look buddy, all you had to do at that point is to ask him again if he had any other kits in stock, not make a federal case out of it. I'm sure he would have been happy to answer that question again given the oversight of not answering that portion of your question. Some people...
Look Buddy His answer was rude to say the least. I got a negative response from him. I do not know him from Adam. But that is not the e-mail I would of sent if someone was asking a question about something I had for sale. George Powers
Old 09-15-2014, 09:58 AM
twhite6728
My Feedback: (20)

Any sprint main fus replacent parts?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:07 AM
chopper52

Originally Posted by aquaskiman
I guess this is what happens when you give a good busness to someone that doesn't care, or have the ability to run it right. This is the reply I got when asking about a kit. Copy of e-mail
I do not have Elans and I don't have going out of business prices.

Kilroy

On 09/15/14, Powers, George wrote:

Do You have any elan’s in stock if so what is the going out of business price? If not what do you have in stock. Thanks George
+ 1 I called a few months ago looking for a right side boom for a Sprint because it was so messed up new out of the kit.Well I get a reply after a week of phone calls I have a left one but not the right one.Do you want that? NOT Mabey list what you have!!! And as for Allan he is no longer involved with Boomerang Jets Period....If anyone want his Phone # in London Let me know.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 AM
AndyAndrews

Welp, looks like Boomerang is done. It's kinda ashamed because they were great begginer jets. I'm surprised like others that someone hasn't bought out the rights and carried it on, but then again I understand why someone wouldn't be interested. Any type of retail business is very hard. And dealing with the general public is even harder. Like Kilroy and Tam with Tamjets has mentioned to me in the past, the idiot customers are enough to drive someone insaine much less out of business.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:17 AM
aquaskiman

Todd seems to be doing fine with all of the idiots
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM
aquaskiman

It is to bad, there were a lot of boomers sold and a lot of people still wanting them.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TA
Who or what might the Asian connection be?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A real pitty that one of the best entry level jets will be no more

Last edited by Vettster; 09-15-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Moan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Originally Posted by ira d
Who or what might the Asian connection be?
The factory that manufactures the kits.....they are sort of important in the loop, right? While my last two Torus kits were satisfactory, as documented here on RCU, some of the last Torus kits had serious flaws.
Last chat I had with Kilroy, he mentioned. 4-6 month lead time for new kits from the factory.

Having been a dealer previously, Todd probably has a good sense of the P&L of BJets USA. If there still is a good margin and smooth flow of new kits from Asia, he would probably still be selling them. So, begs the question raised above.
What are Colin Gontier's future plans, if any, for BJets USA?
Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The factory that manufactures the kits.....they are sort of important in the loop, right? While my last two Torus kits were satisfactory, as documented here on RCU, some of the last Torus kits had serious flaws.
Last chat I had with Kilroy, he mentioned. 4-6 month lead time for new kits from the factory.

Having been a dealer previously, Todd probably has a good sense of the P&L of BJets USA. If there still is a good margin and smooth flow of new kits from Asia, he would probably still be selling them. So, begs the question raised above.
What are Colin Gontier's future plans, if any, for BJets USA?
So are you saying that B.J's usa was having trouble keeping kits in stock because of the long lead time in receiving new kits? I wonder how come Colin is
able to get kits and why the kits he will have will of be of any better quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.