Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Boomerang Jet Kits Announcement

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Boomerang Jet Kits Announcement

Old 09-15-2014, 02:20 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ira d
So are you saying that B.J's usa was having trouble keeping kits in stock because of the long lead time in receiving new kits? I wonder how come Colin is
able to get kits and why the kits he will have will of be of any better quality?
Can folks still get a BJ from Colin? Colin is the English dude?
Old 09-15-2014, 03:43 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

LoL. Jesus Andy!!!! I guess I'm the only caveman laffing like a 5 year old fartin in class!!!

Classic!!!
Originally Posted by AndyAndrews

Last edited by yeahbaby; 09-15-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Eaglepilot2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol!!! I didn't catch that until just now. I'm sure Andy didn't think about it when he typed it. Still laughing!!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:27 PM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Maybe that's why they went "Under" lmao
Old 09-15-2014, 04:43 PM
yeahbaby

Baaaaaahhhhaaahhhaaaaa

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
maybe that's why they went "under" lmao
Old 09-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Originally Posted by ira d
So are you saying that B.J's usa was having trouble keeping kits in stock because of the long lead time in receiving new kits? I wonder how come Colin is
able to get kits and why the kits he will have will of be of any better quality?
No Ira.....just quoting what Kilroy told me when I asked about ordering a Torus or Élan.....he offered the 4-6 month lead time.
As far as Colin's kit quality, I have no idea. Not sure he has a pipeline for kits as his website has no Torus kits for sale.
Buying a Torus from Colin, if he will ship to the U.S., will be expensive with exchange rates....$1892.00 plus estimated $250.00 shipping.

TA

Last edited by Tom Antlfinger; 09-15-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:33 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by yeahbaby
Baaaaaahhhhaaahhhaaaaa
Snort!

actually really sorry to see Boomerang and Esp Patricia go. Her and Alan are just plain nice people who don't deserve the **** that's been dealt thier way.

PaulD
Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 AM
yeahbaby

Yessir!!! Damn good folks. It was fun taking Alan and Patricia into the simulator building when he visited DFW a few years ago. Great flying airplanes.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Patricia is an absolute sweetheart!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:25 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like Kilroy and Tam with Tamjets has mentioned to me in the past, the idiot customers are enough to drive someone insaine much less out of business.
If all those idiot/******* customers would go away he might be able to get his work done!

Mike
Old 09-16-2014, 11:33 AM
iflyrcjets

It would not surprise me to see Global Jet Club fill that void for that twin boom sport jet.

They already have the Ripmax Excalibur Sport Jet, how hard would it be to just make it bigger, better, more stylist.

http://www.globaljetclub.com/index.p...roduct_id=2657

We shall see, I would like to see a Big Excalibur.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Crumpet46

Originally Posted by aquaskiman
Shooting the messenger................I asked what other kits he had in stock and got (I don't have going out of business prices) He said in this post that he had some kits. After this answer I would not buy anything from him!
Are you 7 years old with hormonal problems? **** sake mate he told you there isn't any special prices and you get all pissy.

You think cos he's stopping selling he is obliged to sell them cheap?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

Been emailing with Colin today, and he says they will be "warehousing" Boomerang kits in the US in the not so distant future. They will be back! Todd, at Dreamworks is also looking at picking them up....
Old 09-16-2014, 05:13 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kim Couturier
Been emailing with Colin today, and he says they will be "warehousing" Boomerang kits in the US in the not so distant future. They will be back! Todd, at Dreamworks is also looking at picking them up....
Are they still being manufactured though, and if so, by whom and where ? Are they currently available in Europe uninterrupted ? I guess my question is, is this simply a U.S. availability/import/distribution problem or it the company in trouble or shut down ?

Thx,

D
Old 09-16-2014, 06:00 PM
GhostRider 1

I had a buddy that owned a LHS and all the locals ran him out of business by buying everything online to save $1-$2.00. Of course they were the same guys going down to the LHS for tech support and building help but never bought from the guy except glue & trinket crap. As soon as he mentioned he was going out of business, the locals were beating his doors down wanting the going out of business give a way price. It's amazing how fast some guys are ready to pounce on the guy going out of business and get pissed even more when they don't get the BLOW OUT price they are looking for. I for one have never asked for a discount of any kind and always buy from the LHS if they have what I need or can order it..
Old 09-17-2014, 06:01 AM
wfield0455

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostRider 1
I had a buddy that owned a LHS and all the locals ran him out of business by buying everything online to save $1-$2.00. Of course they were the same guys going down to the LHS for tech support and building help but never bought from the guy except glue & trinket crap. As soon as he mentioned he was going out of business, the locals were beating his doors down wanting the going out of business give a way price. It's amazing how fast some guys are ready to pounce on the guy going out of business and get pissed even more when they don't get the BLOW OUT price they are looking for. I for one have never asked for a discount of any kind and always buy from the LHS if they have what I need or can order it..
I too have tried to support my local hobby shop when possible. By possible, I mean they have what I need and the price is within reason. I'm willing to pay a small premium to buy locally but I'm sorry, paying double or "I can order it" just doesn't cut. I can order it myself, usually for significantly less. To be honest, if the LHS doesn't have what you want in stock and doesn't have a competitive price, what value do they add? I've often become friends with the local hobby shop owners and I hate to see their business fail but if they can't actually compete by having attractive prices and a reasonable amount of merchandise that their customers want in stock, they should close the doors.

On the other side of the coin, there is a hobby shop that stocks many items that I use and has pretty attractive prices. They also handle lots of telephone orders. Even though their prices aren't the lowest, I'll drive an hour to get there because I know they are going to have the items I use. Most times I get there the phones are ringing and the shop is usually pretty full of customer. While I know that it's difficult to make a living in any retail endeavor you need to understand what value YOU as a retailer add to the equation that will get customers to walk into your store instead of simply ordering it themselves. I've seen many guys walk into a store to buy a transmitter or something that they felt it was important to handle and get the feel of prior to buying, only to leave and go buy online because they didn't like the way they were treated in the shop. On the other hand, I've also seen guys go into a shop to get the feel of a transmitter, with every intention of going home to order it online for less buy the item on the spot because they really loved the shop and the way they were treated while they were there. While dealing with the public can be a total pain in the butt, blaming a failed business on the customers is just plain silly.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crumpet46
Are you 7 years old with hormonal problems? **** sake mate he told you there isn't any special prices and you get all pissy.

You think cos he's stopping selling he is obliged to sell them cheap?
I guess my explanation is above you

Last edited by aquaskiman; 09-17-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:50 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Ok Guys...
I spoke with Kilroy regarding Boomerang on Monday and he explained his position.I am currently on the tail end of fabrication on a UAV order and have been tied up in the workshop for months. I have not had time to discuss the situation with Alan/Patricia but I will contact them and see if there is something Dreamworks can do to continue on with the Boomerang line. Will update you here one way or the other....
Todd
Old 09-18-2014, 06:03 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Todd
Old 09-18-2014, 06:57 AM
rcjetsaok

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great news Todd, hope you can pull it off !!

Dan
Old 09-18-2014, 10:14 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Antlfinger
The factory that manufactures the kits.....they are sort of important in the loop, right? While my last two Torus kits were satisfactory, as documented here on RCU, some of the last Torus kits had serious flaws.
Last chat I had with Kilroy, he mentioned. 4-6 month lead time for new kits from the factory.

Having been a dealer previously, Todd probably has a good sense of the P&L of BJets USA. If there still is a good margin and smooth flow of new kits from Asia, he would probably still be selling them. So, begs the question raised above.
What are Colin Gontier's future plans, if any, for BJets USA?
A lot of the Asian Factories are either shutting down or cutting production, due to the amount of pollution, and toxins produced from these Factories. The Chinese version of the EPA has come down hard on the Factory owners. This ripple effect will hinder a lot of RC Jet Production in Asia, and it will take a while to get re-organized. Enjoy the rest of the kits while they last, however change is coming...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 09-18-2014, 10:19 AM
chopper52

You go Todd,We all want more Kits..
Old 09-28-2014, 02:19 PM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

Seems to me Todd and DreamWorks would be the perfect way to get the Boomerangs going in the US again. Since he already sells all the trailing link gear upgrades, fuel tanks and so forth. Keep us informed Todd.

Jason
Old 09-28-2014, 06:11 PM
wfield0455

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blainer48
Seems to me Todd and DreamWorks would be the perfect way to get the Boomerangs going in the US again. Since he already sells all the trailing link gear upgrades, fuel tanks and so forth. Keep us informed Todd.

Jason
I agree. Dreamworks is definitely my preferred vendor when I'm building a jet. Should I decide to build another Boomerang, I'd be very pleased to be able to order it directly from Dreamworks..
Old 01-05-2015, 04:52 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Ok Guys...
I spoke with Kilroy regarding Boomerang on Monday and he explained his position.I am currently on the tail end of fabrication on a UAV order and have been tied up in the workshop for months. I have not had time to discuss the situation with Alan/Patricia but I will contact them and see if there is something Dreamworks can do to continue on with the Boomerang line. Will update you here one way or the other....
Todd
Hey Todd,

Any updates on this? You're the guy who can make it happen. Factory must still be producing for the U.K./Europe distributor.

PaulD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.