Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My worst mistake since flying jets!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My worst mistake since flying jets!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 12:14 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Default My worst mistake since flying jets!!!!!!

My Worst Mistake Since Flying Jets!

I'm making this post to right a very serious wrong! I made a very serious mistake and I want to make it right.
In the months leading up to Jets Over Kentucky 2012, my friend Jim McEwen and I had been discussing a subject of deep concern. I had asked him not to make it an issue at Kentucky and he had agreed.

While the event was in full swing, another individual claimed that Jim had argued this issue with two of my vendors. I immediately went against everything that I was taught by my religion and family and became very angry. I confronted Jim and went on a tirade for about 20 minutes or more. Jim very calmly listened to what I had to say and I walked off without giving him a chance to respond. This anger lasted for many months and I made it very clear that he was never welcome to ever attend JOK again.

At Route 66 Jets, I discovered the truth. I learned that Jim had indeed kept our agreement and that the individual who claimed otherwise had lied to me, baited me, and I fell for it! At this point I felt like dying! I could not believe that an individual would go to such lengths to lie at the expense of another person. I prayed a lot that day, for I could not cope with what I had just learned. I very seriously considered giving up the sport and not ever showing my face to the jet community again!

Why this individual lied is beyond me, and only God can give an answer to it. I will pray for God to forgive me and that person, and also help me to forgive. God has given me the strength to do that. I have asked God for understanding and forgiveness, and that I never experience anything like this again!

I will deal with the person who misled me, and request that everyone honors that. I promise God that I will handle this next situation a lot better than I did the last one! I have been and continue to pray for that person. I will not name the person to anyone, so please don't ask me to do so.

I want to apologize to Jim for my behavior both at JOK 2012 and afterwards. I also want apologize to everyone who heard that awful tirade that day. Please forgive me! I really appreciate Jim for taking the time to hear me out. Don't know if he has forgiven me, but time will tell. If he doesn't, can't really say that I blame him.

Respectfully,
Lewis Patton

Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Lewis, it takes a big man to admit his mistakes, I applaud your actions, well done sir, well done!
Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Crumpet46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck
Old 09-17-2014, 12:44 PM
RSO

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lewis, it was wonderful to see you & Jim just talking about jets with each other & enjoying this great hobby at RT 66 Jets.

Jerry
Old 09-17-2014, 01:31 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you get that off your chest Lewis...now get back to some flying
Old 09-17-2014, 01:45 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Lewis,

I talked to Jim a few months ago before he went down to Top Gun. One of the things I said to him was that it was hard when two of the people you are friends with, are not friends with each other.

It seems like that has been fixed, and I am glad. I also agree that it takes a big person to admit publicly when they are wrong. Good for you!

Bob
Old 09-17-2014, 03:57 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Lewis, it takes a big man to admit his mistakes, I applaud your actions, well done sir, well done!
+1
Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Lewis,

Apology accepted! Lets all get back to burning kero and boring holes in the sky.

Regards,

Jim
Old 09-17-2014, 04:17 PM
M3Baker

Lewis,
You are a great guy. We all make mistakes, and there is a lot of passion in our hobby. I've seen so many friends in our hobby become life long enemies because they never set the record straight.
You probably don't remember me, but we had a great conversation at First In Flight this year and you are a man of faith. I respect that and appreciate the time we had together. Hope to see you at Super Jet South next week.
Dont be too hard on yourself, and please don't ever leave this hobby.
Paul
Old 09-17-2014, 06:10 PM
rrembert

Lewis you set a very fine example...thank you..
Old 09-17-2014, 06:11 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Hells yea! Very good news
Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Hats off to both of you.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

For those that dont' know what is going, I'm assuming this has something to do with Fly eagle Jets?
Jeteye, what happened to your big hawk?
Old 09-17-2014, 10:02 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Originally Posted by rcjets_63
Lewis,

Apology accepted! Lets all get back to burning kero and boring holes in the sky.

Regards,

Jim
Originally Posted by SECRET AGENT
Hats off to both of you.
^^^^^^^ That sums it up!

Good job guys!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:36 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeteye

I'm making this post to right a very serious wrong! I made a very serious mistake and I want to make it right.
In the months leading up to Jets Over Kentucky 2012, my friend Jim McEwen and I had been discussing a subject of deep concern. I had asked him not to make it an issue at Kentucky and he had agreed.

While the event was in full swing, another individual claimed that Jim had argued this issue with two of my vendors. I immediately went against everything that I was taught by my religion and family and became very angry. I confronted Jim and went on a tirade for about 20 minutes or more. Jim very calmly listened to what I had to say and I walked off without giving him a chance to respond. This anger lasted for many months and I made it very clear that he was never welcome to ever attend JOK again.

At Route 66 Jets, I discovered the truth. I learned that Jim had indeed kept our agreement and that the individual who claimed otherwise had lied to me, baited me, and I fell for it! At this point I felt like dying! I could not believe that an individual would go to such lengths to lie at the expense of another person. I prayed a lot that day, for I could not cope with what I had just learned. I very seriously considered giving up the sport and not ever showing my face to the jet community again!

Why this individual lied is beyond me, and only God can give an answer to it. I will pray for God to forgive me and that person, and also help me to forgive. God has given me the strength to do that. I have asked God for understanding and forgiveness, and that I never experience anything like this again!

I will deal with the person who misled me, and request that everyone honors that. I promise God that I will handle this next situation a lot better than I did the last one! I have been and continue to pray for that person. I will not name the person to anyone, so please don't ask me to do so.

I want to apologize to Jim for my behavior both at JOK 2012 and afterwards. I also want apologize to everyone who heard that awful tirade that day. Please forgive me! I really appreciate Jim for taking the time to hear me out. Don't know if he has forgiven me, but time will tell. If he doesn't, can't really say that I blame him.

Respectfully,
Lewis Patton

Lewis...

James 3:2, NLT Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

It is a truly wise man who humbles himself in front of his fellow man, admitting his mistakes and asking forgiveness......

Never stop being the wonderful Lewis Patton that we all know and respect .....for it's gentlemen like you who make the hobby as great as it is

Bill
Old 09-18-2014, 05:46 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

WHEW WHAT A RELIEF.......WELL DONE BY BOTH PARTIES ! ! !

Sincerely, Roger
Old 09-18-2014, 06:21 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Allow Ari to bring this to a close....

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have done this in person to the one i did somthing wrong to and not brought it here but thats just me i guess. joe
Old 09-18-2014, 08:35 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by joebahl
I would have done this in person to the one i did somthing wrong to and not brought it here but thats just me i guess. joe
He did do that, but then lots of folks in the jet community knew of this rift and were glad to get notice that it was closed...

Bob
Old 09-18-2014, 08:37 AM
joebahl

I guess i could under stand that but it just seemed a little weird to do it here to me. I think its great he said he was sorry to the guy tho. joe
Old 09-18-2014, 08:55 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Lewis is a class act. If I had just a bit of the faith he has I would be a better person than I am.love you Lewis.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

[QUOTE=jeteye;11882666]

Respectfully,
Lewis Patton

[/QUOTE
Lewis, it's good that you apologized, but I don't think you'll get over it until you confront the liar!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 AM
joebahl

Thats just it ! i run jobsites and get trades telling me all kinds of stuff about other trades but i always check to be sure they are not just making stuff up before i start yelling at someone ! lol joe
Old 09-18-2014, 02:20 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Originally Posted by joebahl
Thats just it ! i run jobsites and get trades telling me all kinds of stuff about other trades but i always check to be sure they are not just making stuff up before i start yelling at someone ! lol joe
Seriously!
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2014, 03:18 PM
joebahl

Originally Posted by G4guy
Seriously!
Yea some jobs are like working with old women gossoping about each other, Alll i want to do is run the job and get it done on time . joe

Last edited by joebahl; 09-18-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.