Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My worst mistake since flying jets!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My worst mistake since flying jets!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:57 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lewis, we have known each other for many many years, and I have NEVER known you to be anything but a class act. I love what you did here and enjoyed our conversation today. You are one great individual and assett to this hobby.
Thanks for the wonderful friendship. See you at BITW!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lewis
The world needs more people like you.
God Bless

Scott
Old 09-19-2014, 12:10 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1....
Old 09-19-2014, 02:55 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is why they call you the "General". You just set the example for others to follow. Chic
Old 09-19-2014, 03:31 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A man that never made a mistake , never did much. you did a good thing hear . i hope you can restore the past relationship and the two of you can put this behind you guys and turn it into a good thing. WB_1
Old 09-19-2014, 04:53 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LEWIS ,YOUR A ,SUPER GREAT PERSON.. PROUD TO KNOW YOU. WISH I WAS AS STRONG..
Old 09-19-2014, 06:47 AM
Bravo77

Originally Posted by jeteye

My Worst Mistake Since Flying Jets!

I'm making this post to right a very serious wrong! I made a very serious mistake and I want to make it right.
In the months leading up to Jets Over Kentucky 2012, my friend Jim McEwen and I had been discussing a subject of deep concern. I had asked him not to make it an issue at Kentucky and he had agreed.

While the event was in full swing, another individual claimed that Jim had argued this issue with two of my vendors. I immediately went against everything that I was taught by my religion and family and became very angry. I confronted Jim and went on a tirade for about 20 minutes or more. Jim very calmly listened to what I had to say and I walked off without giving him a chance to respond. This anger lasted for many months and I made it very clear that he was never welcome to ever attend JOK again.

At Route 66 Jets, I discovered the truth. I learned that Jim had indeed kept our agreement and that the individual who claimed otherwise had lied to me, baited me, and I fell for it! At this point I felt like dying! I could not believe that an individual would go to such lengths to lie at the expense of another person. I prayed a lot that day, for I could not cope with what I had just learned. I very seriously considered giving up the sport and not ever showing my face to the jet community again!

Why this individual lied is beyond me, and only God can give an answer to it. I will pray for God to forgive me and that person, and also help me to forgive. God has given me the strength to do that. I have asked God for understanding and forgiveness, and that I never experience anything like this again!

I will deal with the person who misled me, and request that everyone honors that. I promise God that I will handle this next situation a lot better than I did the last one! I have been and continue to pray for that person. I will not name the person to anyone, so please don't ask me to do so.

I want to apologize to Jim for my behavior both at JOK 2012 and afterwards. I also want apologize to everyone who heard that awful tirade that day. Please forgive me! I really appreciate Jim for taking the time to hear me out. Don't know if he has forgiven me, but time will tell. If he doesn't, can't really say that I blame him.

Respectfully,
Lewis Patton

Lewis my brother , I am touched by your words , You are a great person , I understand we all can make mistakes ,I know Jim personally , he used to live in Montreal and he is also a nice guy . My hope and prayer is all involved be forgiven . Lewis if you leave the hobby it would be the wrong thing . If Jesus shunned the world because he was lied to and nailed to a cross we will probably not be here today , FORGIVE AND YOU WILL BE FORGIVEN. MOVE ON FROM HERE LEWIS . I am sure Jim hold no grudge against you . You area a great individual who works very hard to make Kentucky jets a success and you should be applauded for that
Old 09-19-2014, 06:57 AM
bchapman

I looked at this thread thinking it was some kind of pilot error problem, and I guess it was, just not a flying problem. It's always good to admit when you've made a mistake. Glad to see everything worked out even though I don't personally know any of those involved. There's not enough of us in the hobby, so I'm glad we didn't lose anyone. Have a good weekend!

Brian
Old 09-19-2014, 07:16 AM
BlazerB52
My Feedback: (7)

Great to hear it is worked out. Glad GOD was present and not pride for both you and your friend. I enjoy Kentucky Jets and have been there 3 times and loved it. May friends always be friends and @#$T stirrers change their ways.

Blazer
Old 09-19-2014, 07:30 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

God bless you all, now let's go fly!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:23 AM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi Lowell,

Jim and I worked everything out at Route 66 Jets. Very gracious of him to listen to me. Feeling much better about myself now!

Won't make it to Best In The West this year. My back has been out since Route 66 Jets, and the death of a family member, make it difficult for me to attend year. See you somewhere soon.

Lewis

Originally Posted by jet time
Lewis, we have known each other for many many years, and I have NEVER known you to be anything but a class act. I love what you did here and enjoyed our conversation today. You are one great individual and assett to this hobby.
Thanks for the wonderful friendship. See you at BITW!

Last edited by jeteye; 09-19-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Bolshoi
My Feedback: (2)

Other than all of the god nonsense, well done. The mistake, the courage to admit it, asking for forgiveness and receiving it is a great example of the kind of folks inhabit this hobby.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:43 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not cool!! Don't begrudge a man because of his faith!

Contrary to what you might think, but just because you do not believe, does not constitute it as nonsense.

Last edited by George; 09-19-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:09 PM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

I suspect it's his God and his faith that makes him a man that has the courage to admit mistakes and ask for forgiveness. He's probably the man that sets a great example and appreciated by others because of his faith. What's nonsense to some makes great sense to others. Kind of reminds me of how some say spending 6-10k on a model only to crash it then turn around and go do the same thing over and over again is pure nonsense, but it make great sense to those who Love the hobby.

Kudos to you Lewis!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:41 PM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
For those that dont' know what is going, I'm assuming this has something to do with Fly eagle Jets?
Jeteye, what happened to your big hawk?
why does everything on the RCU jet forums have to revolve around FEJ . personally i'm tiered of hearing about it. Lewis started this post to heal a wound that he was man enough and Christian enough to own up to. The what and why is no concern to anyone unless Lewis wants to expand on the reason. other than that ,it's not our concern. I say , let the FEJ topic die and leave it there.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:43 PM
warbird_1

10-4 on that .
Old 09-26-2014, 01:43 PM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by George
Not cool!! Don't begrudge a man because of his faith!

Contrary to what you might think, but just because you do not believe, does not constitute it as nonsense.
10-4 on that