Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Jets is recruiting.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ultimate Jets is recruiting.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ultimate Jets is recruiting.

We are looking for an experienced composite technician to hire for our production line.

The job would consist in working on jet kits and UAV parts layup on our production line in Dubai.

The conditions would be as followed:

A monthly salary of 2000 USD plus a housing allowance of 1300 USD.
One free return ticket to the USA per year.
A company car
A full training package will be provided by myself on Catia, Mach, ncaad including practice on CNC milling machines, 3D printers and lathes.
This job would also include flying our demonstrator jets on dual control to become familiar with their characteristics and building requirements.

Excellent layup skills are required for this job. A good knowledge of jet model building and flying would be appreciated.

If you are interested, please contact Woody at our Houston shop for pre-screening.

281-855-9154
Old 09-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a shame I am too old for the job *73 years young), I have all the right credentials, I fly turbine Jets (Just got home from flying my PST Panther) and have mold making and lay up experience, See my web site http://terry_holston.tripod.com/ for more..
Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Well unless the cost of living is way less than here in the US that's not a lot of money for a well experienced composite tech. It's a nice offer for a guy starting out who needs the work and wants to live overseas.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:15 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

they are a lot of people in texas who would be able to do what you are looking, NO one is going to work for 24k year, you need to at least double that.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:28 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I would be interested, but convincing my wife into it would be near impossible and the paycut would make it even harder.
Good luck with the search Oli, someone out there is perfect for the job!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:22 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by Ron Stahl
Well unless the cost of living is way less than here in the US that's not a lot of money for a well experienced composite tech. It's a nice offer for a guy starting out who needs the work and wants to live overseas.
The cost of living is less than in the US but just by a bit ( no sales taxes on the products ).
The salary is tax free as well, which makes a difference.

We are aware of the fact that this offer would probably be more attractive to guys starting out in the active life.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:06 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

have a couple of Lockheed buddies working over there.....the tax incentive + covered living arrangements makes a really big difference!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you not get taxed on your return to the US?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:55 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by Vettster
Do you not get taxed on your return to the US?
No, because you'd be registered as an expatriate. However you'd need to prove that you have been working away from the USA for more than 10 months per year ( if I remember well ).
Old 09-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

This was the info given to me when I was asked to work overseas this past year from my tax accountant when I asked when is my income tax free for federal taxes.

To qualify for these exclusions from income, you must have foreign earned income, your tax home must be in a foreign country, and you must be one of the following:

• a U.S. citizen who is a bona fide resident of a foreign country or countries for an uninterrupted period that includes an entire tax year
  • a U.S. resident alien who is a citizen or national of a country with which the United States has an income tax treaty in effect and who is a bona fide resident of a foreign country or countries for an uninterrupted period that includes an entire tax year, or
  • a U.S. citizen or a U.S. resident alien who is physically present in a foreign country or countries for at least 330 full days during any period of 12 consecutive months.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Stahl
This was the info given to me when I was asked to work overseas this past year from my tax accountant when I asked when is my income tax free for federal taxes.

To qualify for these exclusions from income, you must have foreign earned income, your tax home must be in a foreign country, and you must be one of the following:

• a U.S. citizen who is a bona fide resident of a foreign country or countries for an uninterrupted period that includes an entire tax year
  • a U.S. resident alien who is a citizen or national of a country with which the United States has an income tax treaty in effect and who is a bona fide resident of a foreign country or countries for an uninterrupted period that includes an entire tax year, or
  • a U.S. citizen or a U.S. resident alien who is physically present in a foreign country or countries for at least 330 full days during any period of 12 consecutive months.
This is absolutely correct! There is also a limit to the amount that is "tax-free", but you'll never reach that limit with this salary, so the entire amount would be tax-free AFTER you meet the requirement/s.

Last edited by George; 09-26-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Pepperpete

With absolutley all due respect are you kidding about that pay? Its basically peanuts. I had to read that twice to figure out you were being 100 percent serious. People here working at Tim Hortons serving coffee make more than that a month. Wow...
Old 09-26-2014, 11:43 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
With absolutley all due respect are you kidding about that pay? Its basically peanuts. I had to read that twice to figure out you were being 100 percent serious. People here working at Tim Hortons serving coffee make more than that a month. Wow...
I am absolutely not kidding.
This is very simple: the salary is computed from the number of hours required to make a kit and the price of the kit.

If you guys are willing to buy your kits at Chinese price, then this is the only way to achieve it.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:47 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
they are a lot of people in texas who would be able to do what you are looking, NO one is going to work for 24k year, you need to at least double that.
Well, it's good news because the offer is at over 40 k a year tax free. So probably closer to a gross of 50k.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Pepperpete

A net salary of $2000 (regardless of the living allowance) a month is low. When you add in food, heat (or cooling) and power, there would be practically nothing left over for any type of lifestyle. Blaming the buying public for wages of the type you are offering is not realistic. The world is what it is and if you can't compete then possibly you should re-evaluate what you are trying to accomplish. I am NOT saying I agree with how the world is operating now but its a harsh reality.

For the record I am all for better models but Im also not unrealistic about the financial state of the world.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 09-27-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:07 AM
Terry Holston

Well, lets see now. 12 months to a year X $3300.00 = $39600.00 +a company car. Someone from china will jump at the job and live like a millionaire................
Old 09-27-2014, 02:20 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
It is a shame I am too old for the job *73 years young), I have all the right credentials, I fly turbine Jets (Just got home from flying my PST Panther) and have mold making and lay up experience, See my web site http://terry_holston.tripod.com/ for more..
Nice page Terry!
Old 09-27-2014, 02:25 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
Well, lets see now. 12 months to a year X $3300.00 = $39600.00 +a company car. Someone from china will jump at the job and live like a millionaire................
I am looking for someone who is coming from a "Western" country with adhoc background: American continent, Europe or Eastern Europe/ Russia.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:18 PM
StevenPatey

Hello! when can I start? I'm as keen as mustard, actually, due to being unemployed and getting rather desperate. Joking apart, it staggers me how much money people want these days to do any work. No wonder western economies are screwed.

BTW I meant what I said about starting tomorrow, but of course I doubt you would consider training someone up who wanted to do the job but hadn't got the skills. Most employers won't hire custard stirrers to stir chocolate sauce these days.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:51 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by olnico
I am absolutely not kidding.
This is very simple: the salary is computed from the number of hours required to make a kit and the price of the kit.

If you guys are willing to buy your kits at Chinese price, then this is the only way to achieve it.
Excuse me, but I think you think people int he U.S. are going to work for the same slave labor the middle east is known for, these are not Sri-lankans, Indians or Bangladeshi. Who the heck wants to work for 24k year? You can make that flipping burgers with welfare.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:52 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by olnico
I am looking for someone who is coming from a "Western" country with adhoc background: American continent, Europe or Eastern Europe/ Russia.
Why don't you say he has to be "WHITE" ?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Heliman4213

No way someone in the US would do this job for this money. People here are getting twice that for this kind of work, No one will relocate for this. Not unless they are desperate, have no family and zero connections to existence here !!!!!! You could work at Wall-Mart as a manager and make more than this without basically any skills. You want someone who really has experience than pay them for it.

Last edited by Heliman4213; 10-02-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 PM
ChicoFlyer

No offense to most of guys that are bashing Oli's salary offering, but that is a very reasonable income for someone with what I would consider minimum skills. I do not see any requirement for a college educated candidate, just someone with some hands on skills.

While I do not do that kind of work, the company I work for does this kind of aerospace work for the US Military.

Lets do a quick rundown of costs, take someone that makes 55k/yr in California. After taxes and healthcare, you are bringing in around $3200/mo. Rent will easily be $900/mo if you live in any developed city, your now down to $2,300/mo without buying food... food can easily run $300/mo. This means you are now at approximately the same wages as what Oli is offering. This is what it looks like to be an average starting mechanical engineer.

If I was 21 years old, single, and with the skills necessary, you can bet your ass I would be on this in a heartbeat.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:31 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by ChicoFlyer
No offense to most of guys that are bashing Oli's salary offering, but that is a very reasonable income for someone with what I would consider minimum skills. I do not see any requirement for a college educated candidate, just someone with some hands on skills.

While I do not do that kind of work, the company I work for does this kind of aerospace work for the US Military.

Lets do a quick rundown of costs, take someone that makes 55k/yr in California. After taxes and healthcare, you are bringing in around $3200/mo. Rent will easily be $900/mo if you live in any developed city, your now down to $2,300/mo without buying food... food can easily run $300/mo. This means you are now at approximately the same wages as what Oli is offering. This is what it looks like to be an average starting mechanical engineer.

If I was 21 years old, single, and with the skills necessary, you can bet your ass I would be on this in a heartbeat.
Yep. We got the job fulfilled last week. We sent the same offer via our UAV customers and got a young technician within a couple of days.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:00 AM
jetster81

Good on you Oli, can't beleive some of the posts on here. Twenty years ago I would have bitten your arm off for such an opportunity. Hope it all works out for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.