Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

In need of a 34lb thrust turbine, this is a long shot but........

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

In need of a 34lb thrust turbine, this is a long shot but........

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:19 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default In need of a 34lb thrust turbine, this is a long shot but........

Hey guys, I am in need of a turbine of around 34lbs of thrust. My problem is money is extremely tight. I have a couple of very cool and fairly rare guitars that I am trying to sell to fund one, but thought I would see if anyone on here is a guitar head that might be interested in a trade?
I will consider most turbine brands with the exception of Jet Central and am not a big Behotec fan. I would be very happy with an AMT Pegasus HP (yes, I know Dennis has a couple for sale and if I could sell a guitar I would buy one from him).
So here are the guitars I have for sale

The first one is an Ibanez RBM400NT. This is the mahogany Reb Beach model with the all rosewood neck and fretboard. This is a first run 400NT and is number 20 of 30. It is in very good condition with typical marking on the body of any oil finished guitar that has been played. Fret life is great and it plays like a dream. They are becoming exceedingly rare guitars and finding them has been very difficult the past few years.

The second one is an original Peavey Vandenberg. USA made in Rockit Pink. It is in excellent condition with one issue. The original neck had the truss rod strip out. Peavey sent a replacement neck for the guitar that is correct though. I have the original neck as well.

If anyone is interested in a trade for a 34lb thrust engine please let me know. I have a new toy on the way that has me excited about getting back into jets after over a years hiatus. I have pictures I can send for anyone interested.
Thanks!
Jeremy
Old 09-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I should take a cue from your post and offer my Ducati 748 for a jet trade, lol. Best of luck on your trade!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:05 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy, I don't know what your budget is and I don't know what these originally cost, but might be of interest.....

http://jmajets.co.uk/board/viewtopic...b7c9dfa65d875c
Old 10-01-2014, 06:43 AM
LGM Graphix

Thanks for the link, unfortunately like I say, unless I can sell a guitar or two my budget is zilch. I'm really trying to
get the money for the one on rcu here, it's less money and shipping from the US will be a lot less than from the UK. All my other engines are AMT outside of one P70 and I would like to stay with AMT.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:56 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

One time I offered a gun for trade, the seller didnt like that Probably from California.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

There is already a system in place for such requests, its called the classifieds, post a wanted add like everyone else. Advertising is not allowed on the forums even if it is a request to buy, in you case to trade.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:05 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

last I heard WTB was allowed in forums.
scott
Old 10-01-2014, 08:06 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Some of us don't go to the classifieds and might see this. I don't see a problem since this is a special request and not the norm.

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
There is already a system in place for such requests, its called the classifieds, post a wanted add like everyone else. Advertising is not allowed on the forums even if it is a request to buy, in you case to trade.

Last edited by j.duncker; 10-04-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:34 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to completely side track your post Jeremy, but…..

Disco, do you have a lot of friends around you to fly jets with? The social aspect of this hobby is at least 50% of why I am involved in it. If my friends who fly jets stopped doing it, I probably would as well. You seem determined to eliminate any chance that people would want to hang out with you. Often times, people are much nicer in real life, but you just keep fortifying everyones opinion about you. Lighten up dude! Its a hobby with a great group of people...
Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Is that hard to post a wanted add or a trade add? Really are you people so high on you horse that you have to draw tangents from this to what is considered social?

Gee I wonder why RCU even has this feature? Why bother when you clutter up the main forum like some attention deprived pre-moddana

"HEY Look I post here a lot and I have been a member for a long time, so look at what I have to SAY!" I can't be bothered with the perfectly established method every one uses cause I'm special and you know that because I have buddies that will follow along with what ever I do.!

And lets be clear, He isn't looking to buy He is looking to trade, but he isn't going to get enough EYE balls to look at his off topic add so hence post on the main forums. If every did this the top threads would all be BST threads. So stop kidding yourselves and making excuses, you can hate all you want.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:11 AM
jon sykes.1

Hi Disco ,I dont know you from Adam ,but I've just read your post, and although I wouldn't normally reply , I felt on this occasion I would.
my father ,god rest his soul always said that unless you have something nice to say , shut the **** up !,
why do you feel the need to piss on everyone's parade? Have you had a bad day with one of your toy planes ?
Well news flash , there's no need to be such a cock ! It's people like you that really spoil this hobby ,which most people try their hardest to keep enjoying , if someone posts a request for some help there's no need to attack them! .There ,got that off my chest ,now back to doing something better than reading the ****e you pedal.!,
lots of love Jon xxx
Old 10-01-2014, 11:13 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its prima donna, or in this case, primo uomo because Jeremy is a dude….. ;-) I agree with you that his post should have gone in the classifieds… its your delivery that stinks. Its not what you say its how you say it. Disco, you are intriguing. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Are you married? You are obviously somewhat successful in whatever you do, you have a lot of toys. However, your behavior does not lend to making others want to be around you.

In the immortal words of Richard Sherman…. You mad bro?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 12.12.47 PM.png
Views:	108
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	2036543  
Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 AM
jon sykes.1

Hey Disco,
now I understand why you're so bitter and twisted ,just seen your video in the post about your elevators !
Top tip ,and free to boot, don't buy bags of ****e ,then get all pissy when you have fix them !
Try buying models that have been built by a grown up ! Not a bunch of kids in a hut .
you have probably already thrown the best bit away from your model ,the box it came in ! They usually have more structural integrity than the contents ! Try saving your pennies a little longer and buying a proper kit from the grown ups , instead of the latest Easter egg from china. They look great on the outside but like an Easter egg ,there's usually nothing inside.!
Lots of love your no 1 fan
Jon .
Old 10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Disco, you really need to get over yourself. NOBODY ever reads the WTB ads, so it was asked in here some time ago, and approved by the moderators, that we could post WTB ads in the main forum. Jeremy's is a WTB ad (for all intents and purposes). If you're not interested, DON'T READ IT...

Bob
Old 10-01-2014, 12:02 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Unless his mom or wife bought all his toys for him, which I've known a few like that.

My Mom buys all mine for me.

Originally Posted by DrScoles
Its prima donna, or in this case, primo uomo because Jeremy is a dude….. ;-) I agree with you that his post should have gone in the classifieds… its your delivery that stinks. Its not what you say its how you say it. Disco, you are intriguing. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Are you married? You are obviously somewhat successful in whatever you do, you have a lot of toys. However, your behavior does not lend to making others want to be around you.

In the immortal words of Richard Sherman…. You mad bro?

Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 PM
davevh

I think I will need a couple more refills!
Now where'd that darn pitchfork get to?

So much hate on forums nowadays, I think everyone just needs a hug. Where'd diplomacy go off and hide??

Last edited by davevh; 10-01-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:27 PM
LGM Graphix

Disco why you haven't been banned I'll never know. You have brought down more threads than anyone else on here with the possible exception of bigplumbs years ago. WTB threads are permitted in the jet forum, they have been for years. If I was trying to sell my guitars or trade for other guitars then it would be not jet related and taken out. I am looking for a turbine. Jet related. I know you have a hate out for me and I don't care. People like you are why many members who were valuable resources rarely post here anymore. You have one of the worst attitudes out there. You don't like my thread, report it and if the moderators deem it not allowed then so be it. In the meantime there is an old adage you should pay attention to.
"Tis better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Old 10-01-2014, 02:33 PM
LGM Graphix

I should probably thank you though disco, your hate for my thread has turned it into a ***** fest that will push it to the top of the page and get more people looking. Had you left it alone it likely would have been buried by now.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:39 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a mod I have always been relaxed about any unusual WTB or sell post.

This one qualifies.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by essyou35
One time I offered a gun for trade, the seller didnt like that Probably from California.
Hi,

I love guns and live in California. I buy them from California-based shops and shoot them with my son at a club here in California. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that there are more gun owners here than in the rest of the union combined

Jeremy, good luck. Funny thing is, a lot of my jet buddies out here seem to have four or five old engines in their shop that aren't in an airframe. They're never actively for sale, but they're out there and available. I hope you find one. If I was a guitar guy....
Old 10-01-2014, 04:56 PM
CafeenMan

I would normally stay out of this but I think it's funny that the guy who came in and and wanted to be thread cop (and turned out to be wrong about the rules) then went on to tell other to get off their high horses. Sorry, but that was just really amusing to me. A complete lack of personal insight.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:57 PM
CafeenMan

PS. Your guitars sound nice. I can't play but if nobody buys them you can just send them to me. I'll at least appreciate the woodwork and they'll look nice hanging on my wall.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:10 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, let's put this one to rest. I am constantly amazed at people who try to act like they know everything about the rules of RCU, but have never actually READ the rules of RCU. A quick read of the RCU Community Rules will show anybody who cares to read what the actual rules of RCU really are

SELLING:All selling takes place in the RCU Marketplace which provides for free listings to non-commercial members for BOTH classifieds OR auctions. We have tools and features in our marketplace that no discussion forum can compare to. These tools help you to trade safely and more efficiently. So please use only the Marketplace to do your buying, selling and trading.

No auction or for sale posts in the forums please. No asking for bids or words that would lead the buyer to assume you are having an auction or classified ad. No discussion forum threads or posts linking to any classified or auction ads unless the information answers a question being discussed or questions the value or condition of the product and it is not yours or an acquaintance's. If you have an item for sale or auction elsewhere and are bound by their contract to fulfill the terms, please do not post the same item for sale at RCU. Raffles are only allowed with written permission from RCU management.

Want ads are available in the Marketplace. However, you may post for help locating something in the forums. Any mention of "will trade" or a product you have to offer in exchange for the item wanted is not allowed. The want ad should only request what you are looking for and we expect users to respond with replies that they either have the item or where the member might find it or get it. The poster should expect to pay cash (not trade) for the item expected unless those who reply offer it to the member for free, which is also acceptable.

Want ads are allowed in the forums of RCU in any forum, not just the Jet forums. The only thing that we don't allow is any real discussion of "the deal", meaning discussing the money to be paid for that item needs to be done in private and not in the open forums. For those that want to think that the are "bunkhouse moderators" of RCU and try to tell others what the rules here are should be aware that I have very little tolerance for this type of activity and will deal with those doing it very harshly.

Ken
Old 10-01-2014, 06:14 PM
LGM Graphix

Sorry Ken, didn't realize that part of it. I've seen people post wanted ad's with trades in here before, my bad, feel free to remove the thread.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:58 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Sorry Ken, didn't realize that part of it. I've seen people post wanted ad's with trades in here before, my bad, feel free to remove the thread.
There's no reason to remove the thread. I'm not upset at the original thread being posted. I was really happy when RCU made the change to allow "want ad" because it was a great service to the members. What I was upset about was others trying to police the forums. I'm sorry if you thought I was coming down on you, I wasn't. the thread serves a purpose if I leave it here in that it educates people as to what's allowed.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.