Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

SPT-5 acceleration problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

SPT-5 acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SPT-5 acceleration problem

I was finally able to fly test my SPT-5 after receiving it back from Germany were it was repaired (change three bearings and one gear wheel). The turbine performed OK but I did notice something estrange.

The turbine doesn’t have a smooth acceleration and it only picks up on the last 1/4 of the throttle stick. I have another SPT-5 were I don’t have this problem. Acceleration is very smooth and the turbine reacts with every click of the radio. On this one as I said, there is a big jump when you move to 3/4 of the throttle stick. This makes throttle management extremely difficult and makes it difficult to keep a stable speed during final approach

I have checked my radio (Futaba 18MZ) and compared the programs of both SPT-5 equipped planes. Everything is the same and there are no dual rates, exponentials or servo slow functions activated.

Could this be something related to the ECU program ? Mine should have a 6.10R software version.

Anybody has experienced something similar with Jetcat turbines ?

I do remember that several generations ago, Jetcentral turbines had to be thought and go through a complete process of acceleration click by click. Jetcats are different and I have gone through the learning process stated in the manual.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Have you looked in Turbine Limits at how the acceleration is set. Noted pump voltage at idle and full gas?
If all normal do a learn RC again.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dave. I haven't looked at that yet, but I'm planning to compare both planes side by side over the weekend and see if there are any differences in the programs.