Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Yellow Aircraft No Longer Selling Kits

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Yellow Aircraft No Longer Selling Kits

Old 04-24-2015, 02:27 AM
tisdall_80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought Fun Key made all the Yellow Aircraft Kits for YA?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a friend that wanted to buy yellow aircraft ( he has the money) and was told it's not for sale. I just don't understand why would Charles not let it carry on, this is a really good guy that would run it awesome but was told not for sale.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:47 AM
JamF4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tisdall_80
I thought Fun Key made all the Yellow Aircraft Kits for YA?
That's true Tisdall, Fun-Key are more interested in making Helicopter Blades these days, shame really.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:38 PM
70 ragtop
My Feedback: (24)

Originally Posted by flyingchef
Any chance someone has a Spitfire canopy or two?, Spinner?
Thanks,
Bruno
Bruno

Did you call Charles? I was up there on Good Friday, and saw a bunch of Spitfire spinners.

There seems to be a misconception that Yellow has closed their doors, not true. Charles is still there, and he still has lots of parts in stock. He's looking to retire, so he's not importing kits, but he still has lots of parts in stock. Its hit or miss if he has what you need, but if he doesn't, he can order anything you need from the factory. He's doing an order each month, and can get you pretty much anything Yellow made. If you want to pay the ridiculous shipping charges on a full kit from China, just have to talk to him. I just received a bunch of F-14 parts, a kit that had been out of production for many years. Just talked to him today about ordering a few F-18 twin parts.
Point is, you can still get whatever you need, just have to call him Tel: (781) 935-9868

BTW, told me he plans on last order to the factory around early fall, close the doors by the end of the year...take it for whatever its worth
Old 04-25-2015, 07:35 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yellow was great but it is clear the low cost Chinese market swallowed them.
RIP (rertire in peace) Mr Tse!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:14 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
That and not keeping up with the times. ie. planes are too small, no information on website, no prices on website, no promotions , PITA to get a hold of etc. There's only one way to go doing that....and it's down.

Mike
Old 04-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
True, but the low cost market is ramping up its prices now too making European kit prices more attractive for those who like building.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:26 PM
vfgbht

Such a shame, glad I picked up an F15 kit last month. I started building it few days ago, a pleasure so far

Last edited by vfgbht; 04-25-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:03 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron101
I have a friend that wanted to buy yellow aircraft ( he has the money) and was told it's not for sale. I just don't understand why would Charles not let it carry on, this is a really good guy that would run it awesome but was told not for sale.
If the rumor is true that the doors will close in the fall, tell him to call back mid/late summer.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:27 AM
Eaglepilot2

Seems very strange not to sell the business if the opportunity was there, especially if he's retiring. It would certainly increase his retirement funds. I suppose he has his reasons.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Chipper Griewahn
My Feedback: (4)

Shaun, I need some hornet build pics. Manly the wing build with pylon installs please
Old 04-28-2015, 07:14 PM
agent adds

ive build over 6 of there kits and the quality and fits are superb-its a death to the hobby of modelling losing yellow.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:05 AM
FalconWings

I sincerely hope that the YA line was at the very least offered to Shaun..........after all he did for the brand name. Yellow was Shaun.

If that did not happen, screw it. Crush the brand. Not worthy of surviving.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:49 PM
70 ragtop

That's kind of a Richard thing to say!
Jack Tse was Yellow. Got sick of it and sold it to his brother Charles...a family business.
Yes I hope the Yellow dealers, past and present, had the opportunity, but saying a dealer made the manufacture is a little axx backwards. That's like saying Motion, or Yenko made Chevy
I don't get not selling either, but I'm sure there is a reason. My guess is because all the tooling is in China, the contract with Fun Key, and who actually owns the tooling at this point?? I bet there was some sort of arrangement there.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:32 AM
FalconWings

Not trying to sound like a Richard, but could care less what you think. Charles just sat on the brand, while Shaun was doing all the marketing, dealing with customer issues, making the brand accessible, while Yellow's website was still showing pics of the early generation polyester models. Or at least that is the preception WE the modelers always had. After all, it is all about perception. If you know intimate details..........great for you!!
Charles had no interest on growing the brand nor making further updates, and he was quite honest about it too. I would almost think that the reason they went to the new primered, epoxy airframes was because people like Shaun or other Reps put some pressure on him.

Anyway, he ran the company his way and that disserves some respect.................but in the end...............................RIP Y/A
Old 04-30-2015, 03:08 PM
70 ragtop

[QUOTE=FalconWings;12031354]Not trying to sound like a Richard, but could care less what you think. QUOTE]

Feeling's mutual
Old 12-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Marvinf14
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im selling an F-18 twin kit that has been started anyone interested email me [email protected]
Old 12-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Shaun Evans

Falconwings,

Thank you for the shout-out. What you said I could never say, but it's a lot more true than people would ever guess. TONS of behind-the-scenes pressure, customer advocacy, etc. There were several times when decisions were made to handle certain issues the 'easy way' but were later taken care of the 'right way'... specifically because of pressure from the down-line. I remember one time when I showed BV the F-15 metal rims in hopes to find a rubber tire that would work. Turned out BV didn't know we were using his patented brake system and I was the one who 'accidentally' tipped him off. When I reported it up-line, I was chastised for tipping him off. I let the highers-up know that I wouldn't be involved with repping any company or product that conducted itself like that. I personally apologized to BV and Y/A started paying royalties. I'm not saying they wouldn't have anyway, but I wouldn't have sold another unit until they did. As you said, the ownership never posted a single thing online. From the instant the internet hit the scene, it was guys like me who made an online presence for the brand.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:04 AM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

Shaun thanks for all your years of support....Sorry to see the end of Yellowaircraft...

On a side note... Does anyone have a unstarted complete F-22 kit they want to sell.. contact me at [email protected]. ..thanks
Old 12-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by RC JET FLYER
Shaun thanks for all your years of support....Sorry to see the end of Yellowaircraft...

On a side note... Does anyone have a unstarted complete F-22 kit they want to sell.. contact me at [email protected]. ..thanks
Hi,

Thanks. On your second point.... SCREW THAT! Contact ME if you have an unstarted F-22!
Old 12-14-2015, 09:59 AM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

Shaun are you "jet blocking me"... Lol...

Does anyone have any pull with Funkey and maybe get a group order going?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:19 AM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

Anyone have these F4 parts for offer...message me...Thx
ALL METAL NOSE STRUT WITH FUNCTIONAL OLEO STRUT ACTION...........F4211
MACHINED ALUMINUM HEAVY DUTY ELEVATOR ARMS.........................PAIR F4631
PLUG IN WING SPAR SYSTEM (2 PAIRS REQUIRED)........................PAIR A2001LW
Old 01-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sad to see Y/A go. The Spitfire has been a favorite of many over the years. Yet I get it. All these kits take builders to complete them and builders are a dying breed. It was good for me as I sold about 25 Spitfire Bubble Canopy Conversion Kits over the past decade. I now expect that mold will get dusty and seeing a Y/A Spitfire at an event will be a rare thing.

For now I am going to sit on the Spitfire and T-6 Texan kits I have. Feels good to have them in the rafters. Just following the Dave Platt "Scarfology" principal of buying up things in the hobby when they are available as they will disappear and never be available again. It often is true.

Moving on regarding Spitfires I have looked at the market and the popularity of the 30cc ARFs. I bought 2 of the Hangar 9 Spits to play with and study. I believe that even the ARF modelers can appreciate a little differentiation at the field by not having exactly the same Spitfire as everyone else. It has potential to be bashed from a MKIX into a MKXIV with the help of a new cowling, larger spinner, bigger rudder, and bubble canopy option. We will see.

Leo Spychalla
Spychalla Aircraft LLC
Old 02-23-2016, 02:54 PM
downwind leg

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P-38

Shaun, I'm looking for an unstarted p-38. I've left messages on both yours and
charles phones.Hope to hear back on any possibilities for a kit. By the way,I grew up in San Diego and learned how to fly control line planes in the 50's with my dad in El Cajon Valley near Gillespie Field. Got into RC in the 80's in a place called San Juan Island in Washington State. Anyway,let me know ,Thanks
Old 02-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm really surprised nobody bought the tooling from Yellow for this stuff. Between their jets, and the old Bert Baker kit line, Yellow made some incredible aircraft kits, for reasonable prices. Something that's lacking these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.