Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR Matchbox end point programming

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR Matchbox end point programming

Old 01-13-2015, 04:44 AM
melvin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello turnnburn
I will try and help you with your question on the matchbox setup! First of all the flaps need to be in the 1/2 flap position when the sevo is at neutral. The 3 way switch needs to be in the middle position when setting this up. When you flip the switch in the up position the flaps will be in normal flight position and when you flip the switch all the way down the flaps will be in the full flap position. Also you need to have 100% travel in your ATC for the flaps in your transmitter. To set the endpoints for the flap servo you must have the switch in the down position . I would suggest putting the rt. wing flap servo in channel 1/5 and the left wing flap servo into channel 2/6 of the matchbox. Then you turn the dial on the matchbox to 1/5 or 2/6 depending on which flap you want to adjust. You want to use the matchbox to get the flaps deflecting the same degrees of up and down. To limit the travel use the settings in your flap system to adjust the up and down of the flaps You may have to go into the flap system of your transmitter to reduce the throw of the flaps in the normal flight position to keep the surface from binding up to the wing..Hope i haven't totally confused you.Any questions you can call me at 832 785 7267 might be a lot easier that way than doing all this typing.
Mel

Last edited by melvin; 01-13-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM
spacefanmick
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,I guess your saying more channels won't work due to transmitter number of channels? But I'm actually have a FUTABA 14SG. So a 14 channel receiver would I believe solve my problem. I did get the ailerons and flaps working last night,already have the elevator rudder and throttle working. The ailerons are hooked up on a Y harness. Flaps the channels five and six. Do you see a problem with the ailerons being on a Y? And do you think the matchbox would work with a Futaba
Old 01-16-2015, 03:32 AM
melvin

Ok sorry i didn't realize you had a 14 channel transmitter! I personally don't like using Y extensions on my planes. Did you have to use a Y reversing extension on your ailerons? I would think that you would have to since you are using 2 servos on one channel.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:33 AM
melvin

Honestly,it doesn't make much sense to purchase a 14 channel transmitter and try and setup a plane with a 8 channel reciever. You are really limiting the abilities of the transmitter! You mighy as well purchase a adequate reciever to get the full benefits of your transmitter. That's what i would do if i was in your shoes Good luck which ever way you proceed to go.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:38 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by melvin
Ok sorry i didn't realize you had a 14 channel transmitter! I personally don't like using Y extensions on my planes. Did you have to use a Y reversing extension on your ailerons? I would think that you would have to since you are using 2 servos on one channel.
I too had an issue using a Y harness - never again
I use power box only now to designate chanels/servos
Old 01-17-2015, 05:04 AM
melvin

Same here! I will never use a "Y" on any of my planes!
Old 01-17-2015, 05:48 AM
melvin

I take it that you are still planning on using a Matchbox for the ailerons! if so when setting the total travel through the Matchbox you have to have the aileron stick held over while adjusting the travel with the matchbox. The way i do a setup with a Matchbox is like this for example
I would plug the right wing into channel 1/5 the left wing into channel 2/6 of the matchbox. you would have a servo lead from the aileron channel of the reciever to the channel on the matchbox that says "to reciever" Half flaps is the neutral point of the servo Normal flight is the total endpoint in one direction of the servo and full down flap is the total endpoint of the servo in the opposite direction. Then if you want to set the 'throws of the right wing for instance i turn the dial on the matchbox to 1/5 ithen use a rubberband on the aileron stick to pull the stick to the right as if you are making a right bank turn.If the aileron goe's too far up and starts binding with the wing than you will have to go into your transmitter's total travel setup and reduce the percentage of throw so you don't burn up the servo. At that point you can adjust the throw with the increase or decrease buttons on the matchbox to adjust the throw of the aileron.Once you are done with that step, deflect the aileron in the opposite direction once again using a rubberband to hold the aileron stick to the left as if you are making a left bank turn. Now push the increase /decrease button on the matchbox to get your desired throw. When happy release the rubberband from the stick and before depowering anything make absolutely sure that you turn the dial clockwise past the "9" to the "0" position to save all your settings. The right wing is now done!!!! Now repeat for the left wing everything except have the dial on the matchbox turned to 2/6 It's pretty simple once you have done it a few times. Also if you have been messing with this particular matchbox and you think it may be confused than you might want to reconfigure it to "factory setting". To do this,turn the dial on the matchbox to 9 with no power on. Then while depressing both the increase and decrease buttons at the same time and holding them down turn the power on to the reciever. you should see the servo arms jump a little bit when the reset has occured.Now turn the dialclockwise past the"9"to the "0" and the reset will be complete It's really hard to try and communicate this in writing so if you are still having problems you can call me at 832 785 7267 and i iwill try and walk you through it! Except today i am going flying. LOL

Last edited by melvin; 01-17-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:52 AM
spacefanmick
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Melvin
i think I understand,lol. But with a little tinkering I should be able to figure it out. If I can figure out this new Futaba 14 sg Im sure I can figure out the matchbox. I'm trying to work a deal for a 14 channel RECIEVER which will solve all my issues all togather. But thanks for the help. And the time you took to explain. Much appreciated.