Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly eagle Australian dealer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly eagle Australian dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Mike carr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly eagle Australian dealer

Wondering if anyone knows who is either the Australian or Victorian dealer for FEJ I've been grappling for days now and just can't seem to get myself to do an offshore wire transfer without buyer protection like PayPal
cheers
Old 10-06-2014, 07:21 AM
tulz161

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a joke?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:32 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Mike carr

Why would it be a joke??.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:40 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Mike,

Paypal want give you protection after 60 days...Most of the time in the past Fly Eagle and most of the other brands will take at least 8 weeks+ to fill your order.

Best of luck if you decide to move forward with Flyeagle. If you do a little bit of searching you will find out why the statment of a Joke was made.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:30 AM
bluescoobydoo

you must be mad to even consider fly eagle they will take your money and send you either nothing in return or a dog turd that looks like a jet
Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Mike,

I'll assume you're not a regular forum visitor so will point you to some background reading that others are referring to. You can decide if your money is safe afterwards.......

A quick google....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...rida-jets.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...et-2014-a.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ej-honest.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11474504-fly-eagle-jet-f-14-crash-video.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11591062-cautionary-tale-before-you-buy-fly-eagle-jet-direct-factory.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11603260-fly-eagle-jets-best-west-2014-a.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11568954-kentucky-fej-big-hawk-crash-video.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11603318-post-your-fejs-crash-info.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11603161-big-fej-hawk-down-wing-collapse-reported.html

Hope it helps you decide either way!

Last edited by schroedm; 10-06-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:47 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
Mike,

Paypal want give you protection after 60 days...Most of the time in the past Fly Eagle and most of the other brands will take at least 8 MONTHS+ to fill your order.

Best of luck if you decide to move forward with Flyeagle. If you do a little bit of searching you will find out why the statment of a Joke was made.
There i fixed it for you.. Its in bold
Old 10-06-2014, 10:05 AM
jws_aces

Originally Posted by invertmast
There i fixed it for you.. Its in bold

Thanks....oversite error
Old 10-06-2014, 11:32 AM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Weird first post- joined in sept. 2014 Trying to buy from Fly Eagle???????

hmarmaizmd717
Old 10-06-2014, 07:50 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by E.N.T.
Weird first post- joined in sept. 2014 Trying to buy from Fly Eagle???????

hmarmaizmd717
Why is that weird a post?

Everyone has to join sometime and have a first post sometime. He is after information and that's what RCU is for.

Last edited by drac1; 10-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:07 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

FEJ should be banned everywhere at least till the learn how to make air worthy airframes and give all stollen money to the previous buyers ,
I'm surprised the are some people the like to buy one after all the threads on rcu and rcg
Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 AM
E.N.T.

It seems that you don't get it. I don't care if you buy from them or not, BUT, these threads
have been running for quite some time, SO, if you want to deal with FEJ it's your own
business and money. BUT don't come now asking as if you didn't know what was happening
for several months to present time. Everybody knows about these problems, and the pity is
FEJ doesn't care as long as they get your money, and no correction of their problems is achieved.
hmarmaizmd717
Old 10-07-2014, 02:01 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by E.N.T.
1. It seems that you don't get it. 2. I don't care if you buy from them or not, BUT, these threads
have been running for quite some time, 3. SO, if you want to deal with FEJ it's your own
business and money.
4. BUT don't come now asking as if you didn't know what was happening
for several months to present time.
Everybody knows about these problems, and the pity is
FEJ doesn't care as long as they get your money, and no correction of their problems is achieved.
hmarmaizmd717
1. Don't get what?
2. We don't care that you don't care.
3. Exactly, so why is it bothering you?
4. He didn't pretend not to know about any issues with FEJ and he didn't ask whether anyone has had problems with them.

Mike simply asked whether anyone knows of a distributor in Australia because he doesn't feel comfortable doing a EFT to an international account, as there is no protection like you get when using PayPal.

A simple and normal question. He is a new member on RCU looking for info and you shot him down in flames. If you can't contribute with a relevant response, may I suggest you don't bother replying.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:26 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Mike,
I think the best answer to your question would be, if FEJ's doesn't list a dealer network on their site, and you cannot easily find a dealer in Australia that carrys FEJ, you probably want to stay away from them. There can't be that many hobby stores that deal in jets in Australia so keep in mind if it's this hard to find a dealer, how easy do you think it will be to find resolutions to potential problems?

I won't go on about the FEJ issues because they are done to death on RCU, but the smart money says, if you can't find a local dealer, question why.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:49 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Mike,
I think the best answer to your question would be, if FEJ's doesn't list a dealer network on their site, and you cannot easily find a dealer in Australia that carrys FEJ, you probably want to stay away from them. There can't be that many hobby stores that deal in jets in Australia so keep in mind if it's this hard to find a dealer, how easy do you think it will be to find resolutions to potential problems?

I won't go on about the FEJ issues because they are done to death on RCU, but the smart money says, if you can't find a local dealer, question why.
Sounds like a good idea.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:08 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Once upon a time that was a company called FEJ and they died of natural causes ,no not natural causes they died because they didn't give a rats ass .
Old 10-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Mike carr

Thanks guys yes I'm new to rcu but I've been flying planes & helis for over 25 yrs and just getting into jets
thanks to all the positive responses and cheers to the smart asses as well
every product has good and bad whether it be fej or skymaster or bvm etc etc
and a lot of issues can be pointed back to pilot error or poor setup

BUT IT HAS JUST CONFIRMED THE REASON I HAVENT JOINED FORUMS
TOO MANY SMART ASSES ����������
Old 10-07-2014, 11:47 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike carr
Your comment is the opposite of smart.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Mike carr

Point taken
Old 10-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Mike,

Sure mate theres some smart mouths on here but also some great people with tons of knowledge and experience. Just filter the s%?t
Old 10-08-2014, 04:06 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys yes I'm new to rcu but I've been flying planes & helis for over 25 yrs and just getting into jets

TOO MANY SMART ASSES 
Mike, the guys here are just trying to save you a lot of money and disappointment. Don't lump FEJ with the other companies, they have literally stolen money from people on here. ie. people send them money and get no jet or only part of the jet.

Using PAYPAL or a dealer will NOT protect you from this. Paypal's protection expires after 45 days and the dealer will get no more co-operation from FEJ than you will. He will either have to refund you from his own pocket or tell you it's out of his hands. This is why there are no serious dealers.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 10-08-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:27 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

TOO MANY SMART ASSES ����������

Mike, Its not your fault,, If you didn't know the history of FEJ, I didn't when I bought mine. I bought one of the older 1/8 f16's, it was a great flying plane, I lost it due to rudder flutter, but I don't really blame FEJ, I had a 120sx (31lb) turbine in mine, on my 14th flight I had a member out with a radar gun and I poured the coals to it, as it came by HAULIN, the rudder started fluttering and the entire back of the jet started twisting, I was able to control the impact, and really only broke the nose of the plane, and of course the rear stabilizer, and fuselage seams. didn't hurt the turbine, or gear, didnt even break a fuel line. inspection of the rear stab showed that the rudder mount that was glued into the stabilizer had broken loose, the servo was still mounted to the wood ,but the wood was not epoxied in the stab anymore,, SO does that mean my FEJ is garbage,,almost EVERYONE on this forum is going to tell you that is the case,, however I take a lot of the blame, It was my first turbine, I but a bigger engine than it was supposed to have, I OVERSPED IT. SO, this is my exact experience with FEJ,, These guys have good intentions trying to let members know about FEJ's history, and lack of business ethics, They don't want to see another member lose their money, or get a badly designed jet, and to be honest with you, from what I read, I wouldn't touch one of their newer jets with the Honeycomb design with a 10ft pole.

The FEJ problem on RCU is a certain group of members, anytime someone makes a post about FEJ that is not bashing them, there is a group that instantly attacks the member making the post, this intial negative response is exactly what drives members and pilots away from this forum, which is truly a shame, because the truth is when it comes to RC jets, this forum has some of the smartest, and most experienced people out there, The problem is there are some real jerks on here too, and its hard to put up with these people, and yes a couple of them have responded to your post, its an easy read to identify these guys. The truth is, FEJ has burned a multitude of members here, and there have been multiple well known pilots who have lost their fej jets in straight level flight, but there are also people here who may have caused their jets failure, Just as I believe I did with mine, but they will never admit to it,, The end decision is just like the money, its yours,, personally I would not take the chance with Fej, I would recommend buying from another manufacturer, Yes they all may have quality issues come up, but none of the other big ones has such a bad rep with taking customers money, and not delivering anything, or not building the way a customer specified and paid extra for,
No matter what you choose, I wish you success and happy flights,, and don't let the RCU jerks turn you away from the good members on this site,,,

Last edited by raron455; 10-08-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 AM
jws_aces

Originally Posted by raron455
Mike, Its not your fault,, If you didn't know the history of FEJ, I didn't when I bought mine. I bought one of the older 1/8 f16's, it was a great flying plane, I lost it due to rudder flutter, but I don't really blame FEJ, I had a 120sx (31lb) turbine in mine, on my 14th flight I had a member out with a radar gun and I poured the coals to it, as it came by HAULIN, the rudder started fluttering and the entire back of the jet started twisting, I was able to control the impact, and really only broke the nose of the plane, and of course the rear stabilizer, and fuselage seams. didn't hurt the turbine, or gear, didnt even break a fuel line. inspection of the rear stab showed that the rudder mount that was glued into the stabilizer had broken loose, the servo was still mounted to the wood ,but the wood was not epoxied in the stab anymore,, SO does that mean my FEJ is garbage,,almost EVERYONE on this forum is going to tell you that is the case,, however I take a lot of the blame, It was my first turbine, I but a bigger engine than it was supposed to have, I OVERSPED IT. SO, this is my exact experience with FEJ,, These guys have good intentions trying to let members know about FEJ's history, and lack of business ethics, They don't want to see another member lose their money, or get a badly designed jet, and to be honest with you, from what I read, I wouldn't touch one of their newer jets with the Honeycomb design with a 10ft pole.

The FEJ problem on RCU is a certain group of members, anytime someone makes a post about FEJ that is not bashing them, there is a group that instantly attacks the member making the post, this intial negative response is exactly what drives members and pilots away from this forum, which is truly a shame, because the truth is when it comes to RC jets, this forum has some of the smartest, and most experienced people out there, The problem is there are some real jerks on here too, and its hard to put up with these people, and yes a couple of them have responded to your post, its an easy read to identify these guys. The truth is, FEJ has burned a multitude of members here, and there have been multiple well known pilots who have lost their fej jets in straight level flight, but there are also people here who may have caused their jets failure, Just as I believe I did with mine, but they will never admit to it,, The end decision is just like the money, its yours,, personally I would not take the chance with Fej, I would recommend buying from another manufacturer, Yes they all may have quality issues come up, but none of the other big ones has such a bad rep with taking customers money, and not delivering anything, or not building the way a customer specified and paid extra for,
No matter what you choose, I wish you success and happy flights,, and don't let the RCU jerks turn you away from the good members on this site,,,
You my sir are correct... Great summary and I hope Mike you make the right choice. Best of luck and yes do come back for help.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:17 AM
E.N.T.

Drac1; if that's your name; I'm 65 years old and an ENT surgeon, who began flying ducted fans since
they came out. Went to multiple jet events, that's because I live 2 hours from Fla. So that means over
25 years ago. I think I can offer my opinions on some facts, on others if I don't know I'll keep them.
Some things bother me as the first post from this gentleman, so if he has over 15 years experience
in this hobby, I should assume what RCUniverse is all about.
So nothing bothers me anymore even your dirispectful comments towards me.
I don't insult anyone because that's cowardice for people.

HMArmaiz M.D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.