Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Chief Aircraft will stock Skymaster products/ARF's in the USA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Chief Aircraft will stock Skymaster products/ARF's in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 08:47 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

the pricing on CHEIFS site is actually confusing,, Big Fred is correct,,,

If you look at the plane he is wanting On chiefs site it says AIRFAME ONLY for a price of 2650 but in the features column, Features meaning what the Jet has it shows the complete package with the gear, no column showing separate pricing on gear and such, Here is the direct link http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-c...8f-hornet.html

NOW,, if you look at Skymasters site,, it also shows the same 2650 price, but clearly shows that price includes the gear as well as almost everything else,, Here is Skymasters link for the same JET http://www.skymasterjet.com/f18e.htm

If you take a second you can see the confusion in pricing, and the confusion goes to multiple jets, pricing is clear on some of the larger jets such as the 1/6 f16
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-c...-16-1-6th.html

Chief is listing skymasters x-treme complete price but stating on the site it is for the airframe only,but listing the complete kit in the features,,I think (hope) this is merely an oversight. I am not sure how Chief is doing business, but I am sure you are buying the planes for less than skymaster sells to the public, having them sent on a container, then selling them for what Skymaster is asking, and then having the customer pay the freight to them. which is good business, I would hope that you can bring this confusion up to someone who can fix it, as it may cost you sales,,

I am not picking or trying to state anything negative about Chief,, TRUST ME my customer information will show, I am a loyal chief customer with a house full of Pilot planes, I always go to chief for pretty much anything I need, and will continue, But I do believe the person who created the listing and price data on these jets has left plenty of room for confusion.

And thank you for all your help Danny, it is appreciated.

Last edited by raron455; 11-17-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:01 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raron455
the pricing on CHEIFS site is actually confusing,, Big Fred is correct,,,

If you look at the plane he is wanting On chiefs site it says AIRFAME ONLY for a price of 2650 but in the features column, Features meaning what the Jet has it shows the complete package with the gear, no column showing separate pricing on gear and such, Here is the direct link http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-c...8f-hornet.html

NOW,, if you look at Skymasters site,, it also shows the same 2650 price, but clearly shows that price includes the gear as well as almost everything else,, Here is Skymasters link for the same JET http://www.skymasterjet.com/f18e.htm

If you take a second you can see the confusion in pricing, and the confusion goes to multiple jets, pricing is clear on some of the larger jets such as the 1/6 f16
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-c...-16-1-6th.html

Chief is listing skymasters x-treme complete price but stating on the site it is for the airframe only,but listing the complete kit in the features,,I think (hope) this is merely an oversight. I am not sure how Chief is doing business, but I am sure you are buying the planes for less than skymaster sells to the public, having them sent on a container, then selling them for what Skymaster is asking, and then having the customer pay the freight to them. which is good business, I would hope that you can bring this confusion up to someone who can fix it, as it may cost you sales,,

I am not picking or trying to state anything negative about Chief,, TRUST ME my customer information will show, I am a loyal chief customer with a house full of Pilot planes, I always go to chief for pretty much anything I need, and will continue, But I do believe the person who created the listing and price data on these jets has left plenty of room for confusion.

And thank you for all your help Danny, it is appreciated.
Thank you Raron for elaborating on that, as I stated in the previous post, it is an error and we are correcting it.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:10 AM
big fred

Originally Posted by SkunkWerkz
Thank you Raron for elaborating on that, as I stated in the previous post, it is an error and we are correcting it.
Thanks for clearing that up. Will you have the Diamondback in Stock? And if so, when? Thanks, Big Fred.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:54 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Please contact Dana at Chief Aircraft for more specific information. Thanks Big Fred!
Old 08-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Ash Creek Flier.

Chief does not stock skymaster products.If there in stock it meens there in stock at skymasters ware house.You purchase threw chief but it still ships from skymaster to your door step.I found there customer support to be actually no customer support what so ever and purchased thousands of dallars worth of stuff and not getting what I actually wanted do to there non existant camunication.Just use paypal and purchase direct on items like these.Hard to support a company that shines off there customers when this much cash is spent.Just my honest opinion who wants to shop at a place with poor customer service.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:19 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Hey there Ash Creek Flyer, sorry about your experience with Chief. This is an old thread and though I started it, I have not been helping chief aircraft for several months now. I have no idea how or what they are doing there now in regards to Skymaster product. I wish I could help out. Hang in there!
Old 08-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Ash Creek Flier.

Ow wow this is an old thread.I think all these threads are pretty old now.Lol if you know what your getting there fine to order from if its an item you can just add to your shopping cart and purchase but as far as email or phoning them they seem to buisy with other things and they really don't care for you money.They have numerouse complaints and bad ratings under there company yellow page ratings.For me its just a hobby for fun I don't live for it I just took my business else where.Normally the store the stuff comes from and not paying some one else to order it for me for a fee.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:01 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed Ash Creek! Spent over 11K with them for my last plane plus engine. I felt like they are more of a delivery service, but if there are any problems, you are completely on your own. Hell, they never even responded to my email describing my issues with my kit. Sucks, but oh well
Jay
Old 08-08-2016, 05:05 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jesus guys, if this is a way of promoting the new Skymaster USA......it's so lame.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:17 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
Jesus guys, if this is a way of promoting the new Skymaster USA......it's so lame.
David we would never do that. Dirk Barry and myself all have real jobs outside the hobby we don't need to do games like that to drum up business. Kingtech and now skymaster USA does not need to put other vendors down to get business.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Is chief going to continue selling SM kits??
Old 08-08-2016, 07:46 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
No, nobody should take it as that! The guys just announced the *new* SkymasterUSA in another thread and someone drug this old news up to further bash Chief. Don't associate this old thread with the new announcement - that's just what the trolls want to have happen!

Bob
Old 08-08-2016, 08:06 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rhklenke
No, nobody should take it as that! The guys just announced the *new* SkymasterUSA in another thread and someone drug this old news up to further bash Chief. Don't associate this old thread with the new announcement - that's just what the trolls want to have happen!

Bob
Exactly what I noticed, hence my comment.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:11 AM
BlueBus320

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if I've linked with "the trolls" & didn't realize it. IDK about any of the stuff you guys are talking about. I'll research Skymaster USA, but it does sound good already. My experience with Chief is real. I got all my stuff mostly undamaged so it could have been worse, but I was on my own with my problems with the kit. Skymaster direct with John & Anton was great.
Jay

Last edited by BlueBus320; 08-08-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Ash Creek Flier.

If you say so?