Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Custom Wheels - Where does everyone go these days for custom scale wheels?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Custom Wheels - Where does everyone go these days for custom scale wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:55 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Aaaaah.
That's some scale width tire at last! Not those slimmy Chinese tires designed to save money. nice!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Joe Dirr
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast
Joe,
those sound like gen 2, they were a bit to soft and ended up needing to be glued on as well. Gen 1's were effectively coined hockey pucks. Lol

I'll start work on the Cad model and mold for the the F18 tires this weekend while im sitting in a hotel. I'll make good on those stretchy tires for you guys.

Here is the first tire for the F14 nose wheel from my post processed 3D printed tire mold.

Thomas,
That's awesome that you can print your own 3D molds; speeds-up the process, I'm sure!

Also, it sounds like you have control over the shore hardness to some extent; that's encouraging!

Incidentally, I have the 1:7 scale Yellow tires accurately modeled in Solidworks; if these are useful to you, I'll gladly forward them to you, just let me know the preferred file type and your email address etc.

Also, keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks Thomas,
Joe D.
Cincinnati Jet Club
[email protected]
Cell: 1.513.706.7809