Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The making of Xtreme ARF A6E Intruder

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The making of Xtreme ARF A6E Intruder

Old 11-06-2014, 05:34 PM
rchobbymodels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The making of Xtreme ARF A6E Intruder

I open this new thread to post the development of the Xtreme ARF A6E Intruder, I will try to post all the information that I can get from them also this will serve for you guys give suggestions on scale details and collaborate with any information you guys might have.

To start the scale will be 1:6

Fuse = 110"
WS = 105"

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A-6E_Intruder_VA-52.JPEG.jpeg
Views:	1165
Size:	458.8 KB
ID:	2045457  
Old 11-06-2014, 05:39 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Going to be a great model, cant wait!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:49 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my list for 2016.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:57 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by David Jackson
On my list for 2016.
David,

According my information they will start beginning of march, prototype is due for September 2015
Old 11-06-2014, 05:57 PM
rchobbymodels

Great project for the winter
Old 11-06-2014, 06:00 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I could design the landing gear in Solidworks for them, since im practically half way done with it anyways. Some sort of repayment could be arranged
Old 11-06-2014, 06:05 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by invertmast
I could design the landing gear in Solidworks for them, since im practically half way done with it anyways. Some sort of repayment could be arranged
Thomas please send an email to them at [email protected]
Old 11-06-2014, 07:44 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Wagner, will do.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:49 PM
David Jackson

Originally Posted by rchobbymodels
David,

According my information they will start beginning of march, prototype is due for September 2015
Just planning future purchases
Old 11-06-2014, 11:22 PM
BILLYDSRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fun Fun
Old 11-07-2014, 06:58 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would almost give up my whole fleet for one of these. (Same thing for a large T-34 C). Brings me back to my old Navy days. They looked beautiful flying by but when you were up close, it looked like somebody took a sledge hammer to every one of them. They were really rode hard and put up wet! They also sounded very different than any other Navy jets at the time. You could be inside a house and be able to tell if it was an Intruder.

i can't remember seeing any that weren't low vis gray or the Vietnam era gray/white scheme. Will be difficult for my eyes to see one. Maybe a CAG would help.

Last edited by patrnflyr; 11-07-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:20 AM
FenderBean

I have two projects that will finish off my fleet, this is deff one of them. I have been pushing for one of these for awhile, even considered building one myself if someone didnt make one before I retired. Already saving for it as well, this would be a great project for next year!!! Hoping me and David Jackson can do one of these at the same time, I hear they have some good build parties

Besides accuracy in detail my one and only request is to have proper hard points in the wings and fuselage for wing stores and tanks. This bird looks so good with a center tank and a nice payload on the wings!!!

Last edited by FenderBean; 11-07-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
I would almost give up my whole fleet for one of these. (Same thing for a large T-34 C). Brings me back to my old Navy days. They looked beautiful flying by but when you were up close, it looked like somebody took a sledge hammer to every one of them. They were really rode hard and put up wet! They also sounded very different than any other Navy jets at the time. You could be inside a house and be able to tell if it was an Intruder.

i can't remember seeing any that weren't low vis gray or the Vietnam era gray/white scheme. Will be difficult for my eyes to see one. Maybe a CAG would help.
I've also read that they could take a tremendous amount of abuse and battle damage and continue flying. Absolutely love the Intruder. Has always been my fav military jet. A true working man's jet...not the prettiest but always got the job done
Old 11-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Will you design it as a single engine or a twin engine?

Or at least have that option.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:37 AM
David Jackson

Originally Posted by FenderBean
I have two projects that will finish off my fleet, this is deff one of them. I have been pushing for one of these for awhile, even considered building one myself if someone didnt make one before I retired. Already saving for it as well, this would be a great project for next year!!! Hoping me and David Jackson can do one of these at the same time, I hear they have some good build parties

Besides accuracy in detail my one and only request is to have proper hard points in the wings and fuselage for wing stores and tanks. This bird looks so good with a center tank and a nice payload on the wings!!!
Hey Fender,

I previously had asked one other company to consider the A-6, glad Xtreme seriously considered it and are now moving ahead with it. I am currently selling off a few kits now, just to make sure I have funds ready when the A-6 is available.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Niki

Originally Posted by Greg Wright
Will you design it as a single engine or a twin engine?

Or at least have that option.
It is too early to know that, only after drawing we know if we can offer a single or twin engines, if you see the fuselage is large but the exhaust are distant one from the other, this will be a challenge to make the exhaust in the right angle to accommodate a single engine, so only after drawing we will know, if it is possible we can offer the single/twin engines option.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:44 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

For those so eager to get one of these(I count myself as well) I will say again, add an additional 6 months to a year for proper flight testing, before this kit should be released. These are large jets, and as any engineer will tell you, what it looks like on paper ain't always how it performs in use, the first time!

This company seems to be going about this the correct way with their use of higher quality materials and designs. Now, just don't get in to too much of a hurry and screw it all up because you don't find a design flaw until after the kit is in the hands of customers and starts falling out of the sky. I've waited this long, I'd rather wait another few months and know it's RIGHT, because I've watched the flight test videos etc. (Would you guys PLEASE make the investment in a HD video camera specifically for this use!) Some of the low quality mfg video's we've seen in the past, make me wonder.

David S
Old 11-08-2014, 06:59 AM
marc s

David,

I have suggested the video work, better camera hardware, even a Go Pro or two mounted onboard during testing (shows up things you dont see from a ground shot video, especially control surface movement/play/flutter etc) be invested in for this sole purpose, I'm sure they will take onboard your comments.

marcs
Old 11-08-2014, 03:28 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Isn't this bird modeled after the guy from Oz who built one for top gun or something like that?

great warbird and it certainly will be challenging to make a split pipe with exhaust nozzles that far apart. However I'm sure if anyone can do it .... It's Tam..
Old 11-08-2014, 05:29 PM
FenderBean

Seems like it would hard to make a single pipe split into the two since the distance from the intakes to the turkey feathers is so short. I like twins seems like this would be a perfect project for two 30ish turbines.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:11 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by marc s
David,

I have suggested the video work, better camera hardware, even a Go Pro or two mounted onboard during testing (shows up things you dont see from a ground shot video, especially control surface movement/play/flutter etc) be invested in for this sole purpose, I'm sure they will take onboard your comments.

marcs
Marc,

It is a great idea to have an onboard camera and record the surfaces movements, Billy should test this.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:49 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by yeahbaby
Isn't this bird modeled after the guy from Oz who built one for top gun or something like that?

great warbird and it certainly will be challenging to make a split pipe with exhaust nozzles that far apart. However I'm sure if anyone can do it .... It's Tam..
Buck,

I think that one went to Mibo, but that doesn't mean Xtreme couldn't have acquired it.

Regarding the pipes on the A-6, depending where the engines are mounted, the pipes are not just a straight shot out, they have to bend and twist to the outlet. I think have a basic drawing somewhere showing the initial pipe drawing when I was having the Jet-Mart one built. That was with single pipes, so I think a bifurcated pipe will be very difficult.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:24 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Found them.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PipeDrawing.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2045984   Click image for larger version

Name:	PipeDrawing2.jpg
Views:	1062
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	2045985  

Last edited by George; 11-09-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:38 AM
yeahbaby

That's kinda what I was thinking. The thrust loss will likely be significant with that pipe configuration. Hope they are able to make it work. Twin would be cool though
Old 11-09-2014, 07:41 AM
yeahbaby

I am looking forward to seeing the progress of this jet. More pix please!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.