Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xtreme ARF F-84F is coming soon!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xtreme ARF F-84F is coming soon!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:33 PM
BILLYDSRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Xtreme ARF F-84F is coming soon! by:UsaRcJets

Hi All. This one has me really excited!! Im not YET a sale guy but this one has me!!! Here is the paint scheme I would love to have on this jet!!
Thanks Billy D
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jamisonf84fc.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2045509  

Last edited by BILLYDSRC; 11-07-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:40 PM
rchobbymodels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC
Hi All. This one has me really excited!! Im not YET a sale guy but this one has me!!! Here is the paint scheme I would love to have on this jet!!
Thanks Billy D
Billy,

Tons of color scheme on the F-84F
Old 11-06-2014, 11:42 PM
BILLYDSRC

I know but I like this one! I know you can do the silver the way it should be done!!
Originally Posted by rchobbymodels
Billy,

Tons of color scheme on the F-84F
Old 11-06-2014, 11:46 PM
BILLYDSRC

Like the silver on the F-100

Name:	DSC01251.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	593.8 KB
ID:	2045513  
Old 11-07-2014, 03:31 AM
marc s

Hope to do a build thread on this kit as should have one of the early kits, its been a while since I did a build having been more focussed on the accessories side but this jet is a peach and so many options for colours and ordinance etc.

marcs
Old 11-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good morning Billy, Any spec's available ? Anticipated delivery ?

Thank you,
Kerry S.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:34 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by Vampire
Good morning Billy, Any spec's available ? Anticipated delivery ?

Thank you,
Kerry S.
F-84F will be 1:4.7 scale
Fuse = 110"
WS 86"
Old 11-07-2014, 04:59 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

I've been hankering after an all composite F-84 at a good size for a long time so I'm well happy!!!

But, there has been a lot of talk of this model being Top Gun scale. Is that still the case? Is there a full size you've been taking measurement/scale detail data from??
Old 11-07-2014, 06:25 AM
marc s

Mark,

Its going to be 'high' scale although probably not modelled on just one F-84, this is the original from which most of the measurements and scale details are being worked from FS 877

marcs

Name:	_MG_0135s.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	2045556   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0146s.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2045557   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0181s.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	2045558   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0187s.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	2045559  
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Holy moly! You guys are building a bunch of jets!

Please, please, please test them vigorously before selling them to us! I'm super excited to get one of your new jets!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:01 AM
BILLYDSRC

I can say the 2.5 Viper has gone through the wringer by me this year!!! I put in over 60 flights on it after JOK this year without a hitch The F-100 has 5 flights on her but the weather here in Ohio is keeping us from anymore flights this year. We will be at Florida jets 2015 with all the new toys to show all. It would be very nice to have the F84F ready and flying by then!!
Thank you Billy D

Originally Posted by ravill

Please, please, please test them vigorously before selling them to us! I'm super excited to get one of your new jets!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:07 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC
Thanks Billy D
Man, love the fact that Xtreme are bringing models to market that are out of the norm. Is the stance in your attached photo correct? EDIT: Just saw a youtube video and yup, they do sit pretty nose high.

The 84 along with the A-6 are gonna be so sweet!!

Last edited by smaze17; 11-07-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:05 AM
marc s

Stance is nose high for sure
Old 11-07-2014, 06:12 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by ravill

Raf,

If you are following the Xtreme ARF developments you can see that they are in the right path, say for example the Vixen they did every possible test in the computer, simulation to test the design, simulation to test the air-frame, and finite element analyzes to test for the material to be used and parts to be reinforced, so they have all this data to construct a solid and secure airplane, soon the prototype will be ready and will be send to the test pilots for the flight test, I do not see anything more that can be done, I know there is a lot of people waiting for the jet flies 50 times to consider it safe, as Billy says, Viper has more than that. F84 and others to come will follow the same care in the development.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:03 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Raf,

they did every possible test in the computer, simulation to test the design, simulation to test the air-frame, and finite element analyzes to test for the material to be used and parts to be reinforced, so they have all this data to construct a solid and secure airplane
Sorry Wagner.
As an aero CAD designer I have to step up here.

The elements of CAD that were shown so far were just a basic simulation with Ansis showing the laminar flow around the airframe and a meshing.
This in itself is the first step under Ansis in a workflow that requires over 200 steps and a considerable amount of knowledge to fully evaluate a product flight envelope and characteristics.
The second step is usually to characterize boundary layer limits and stall conditions, including limit alfa, stall speed vs mass, critical Reynolds number. Not seen.

Doing material resistance tests on an aircraft CAD product requires to have a structural assembly inputted into a DMU module for DMU composite review in a very advanced software like Catia.
What was shown on RCU was a basic surfacic part that could barely be used to trace formers.

There is absolutely no evidence that even a basic CAD analysis was conducted on any airframe so far on the aero and material resistance side.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by olnico
Sorry Wagner.
As an aero CAD designer I have to step up here.

The elements of CAD that were shown so far were just a basic simulation with Ansis showing the laminar flow around the airframe and a meshing.
This in itself is the first step under Ansis in a workflow that requires over 200 steps and a considerable amount of knowledge to fully evaluate a product flight envelope and characteristics.
The second step is usually to characterize boundary layer limits and stall conditions, including limit alfa, stall speed vs mass, critical Reynolds number. Not seen.

Doing material resistance tests on an aircraft CAD product requires to have a structural assembly inputted into a DMU module for DMU composite review in a very advanced software like Catia.
What was shown on RCU was a basic surfacic part that could barely be used to trace formers.

There is absolutely no evidence that even a basic CAD analysis was conducted on any airframe so far on the aero and material resistance side.
Oli,

Please you should jump any time, any participation has a great value, Xtreme Arf could answer this for you, but as I have the knowledge and accompanied the development I have all the final data but Xtreme told me to not publish they consider classified data, they choose the ones that I could post, so because this you do not see to much information at the RCU, this only shows the way they are doing business. This tests were not performed in China, an European aerospace engineer was hired to do this tests, Catia as well Solidworks were used in those. For the material analysis, all the material and their specs table were provided and also all composites they are using and all parts that will be reinforced and different simulations were done to find the best material application for the best result.

There is another engineer here at RCU that is following this development too and he has all data as well.

I hope this address your concerns
Old 11-08-2014, 02:24 AM
olnico

I hope this address your concerns
Yep, entirely.

BTW, we have hired the entire NASA team who designed the Space Shuttle. We asked them to conduct complete aerodynamics and material resistance studies on the Scorpion, Super Scorpion, SuperPhoenix, Rafale and Mirage 2000. They provided us with extensive data for free ( they were quite happy to have us get them to do something ). Unfortunately I cannot show the data to any one as it is classified USA Military information.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:13 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by olnico
Yep, entirely.

BTW, we have hired the entire NASA team who designed the Space Shuttle. We asked them to conduct complete aerodynamics and material resistance studies on the Scorpion, Super Scorpion, SuperPhoenix, Rafale and Mirage 2000. They provided us with extensive data for free ( they were quite happy to have us get them to do something ). Unfortunately I cannot show the data to any one as it is classified USA Military information.
Oli,

I did not mean to be disrespectful with you, I only thought as you post you were concerned about the project and try to advise in what they could've been done, maybe they hold back the information due to the tests were expensive.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:55 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My company built a full size model of our sport jet aircraft with the help of Russian engineers. We got these guys when they defected during the cold war. We did aerodynamics and materials testing with scientist from Germany and other smart parts of the world. We also hired the designers at Lamborghini to do some design and paint work. nearly 10k dollars in up front cost alone.
We stuck a monkey in it and launched it to the moon. He flew it down and did 4 point rolls, knife edge flight, slow rolls, etc. We new it was ready! we have the videos, but they are classified!
We now have the same monkeys flying them at local jet events. This has been unclassified!
Scott
Old 11-08-2014, 08:28 AM
marc s

Joking aside from you guys lets just see what results before you do a 'Pontius Pilate' on yet another company.....

marcs
Old 11-08-2014, 10:14 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raf,

If you are following the Xtreme ARF developments you can see that they are in the right path, say for example the Vixen they did every possible test in the computer, simulation to test the design, simulation to test the air-frame, and finite element analyzes to test for the material to be used and parts to be reinforced, so they have all this data to construct a solid and secure airplane, soon the prototype will be ready and will be send to the test pilots for the flight test, I do not see anything more that can be done, I know there is a lot of people waiting for the jet flies 50 times to consider it safe, as Billy says, Viper has more than that. F84 and others to come will follow the same care in the development.
I really wish you guys would release one model at a time and ensure that the planes are reliable once they get into the hands of customers, not just reps. I want to see more rigorous testing before I'm putting my money into a plane by this manufacturer. The flight videos of the F-100 being flown gingerly by a customer are not enough. Those videos should be coming from the manufacturer. It's no longer enough to get some RCU regulars to sing your praises. We've seen that movie before. With all that said, I do wish you the best of luck.

Last edited by dubd; 11-08-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:52 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by dubd
I really wish you guys would release one model at a time and ensure that the planes are reliable once they get into the hands of customers, not just reps. I want to see more rigorous testing before I'm putting my money into a plane by this manufacturer. The flight videos of the F-100 being flown gingerly by a customer are not enough. Those videos should be coming from the manufacturer. It's no longer enough to get some RCU regulars to sing your praises. We've seen that movie before. With all that said, I do wish you the best of luck.
I understand your concern and they are doing exactly the way you stated, Jim Hiller was elected to be the factory test pilot and he is testing most of the jets that are been offered right now, Xtreme also has another test pilot in Brazil Ado Coelho, that also have been flying the Viper and the Hawk. If you see the Viper that has a lot of videos on RCU has today more than 60 flight under it's wings and it is flying as long as June, The F100 is flying since 2011 it was tested by Collin Straus and it is a proved airframe. This thread is for the F84 for you guys to follow the development and tests, the people involved in this project will be posting on this thread whit information about it and if you guys have any ideas or concerns on the development, please jump here and express whatever it is.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:33 AM
olnico

The F100 is flying since 2011 it was tested by Collin Straus and it is a proved airframe.
Collin crashed the first prototype a few seconds after takeoff due to loss of elevator authority.
He came to me with the full flight data for analysis.
I found out that the full flying stabilizer pivot point was so much off from the appropriate location that it completely locked both elevator servos and short cut his SBUS serial power line.
I provided proper calculations for pivot point placement and the plane has since been flown without any elevator problem.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:30 PM
chrigui

Please remember .. F84F had short or long tail and with or without chute drag system under exaust
Old 11-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=dubd;11914379]I really wish you guys would release one model at a time and ensure that the planes are reliable once they get into the hands of customers, not just reps. I want to see more rigorous testing before I'm putting my money into a plane by this manufacturer. The flight videos of the F-100 being flown gingerly by a customer are not enough. Those videos should be coming from the manufacturer. It's no longer enough to get some RCU regulars to sing your praises. We've seen that movie before. With all that said, I do wish you the best of luck.[/QUOTE
Have you guys ever noticed those cheesy test flights Anton puts his new jets thru but yet he puts out a good product. I noticed how many people bought that big Mig 15 and I saw only one easy test flight online?? Let this company prove their worth before you start tearing them down.
Vin...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.