Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New JetsMunt VT-80 BL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New JetsMunt VT-80 BL

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by stegl
Plus what would the imports fees and taxes be , gotta add that in ?
The way the "content discription" is noted on the air bill as "toy parts" in the US there has not been any duty.. Fedex from time to time will send you a bill for $25 or $30 for their custom handling fee.. That is how it has been in US.. Not sure how Canada operates..

The same way when you send the turbine for repair you have to state "Damaged Toy Parts for repair" and a very low value and the shipping to Barcelona from US via Fedex (with tracking) is $60 to $75.. the trick is to keep the size of your box small..
Old 01-26-2015, 08:46 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
The way the "content discription" is noted on the air bill as "toy parts" in the US there has not been any duty.. Fedex from time to time will send you a bill for $25 or $30 for their custom handling fee.. That is how it has been in US.. Not sure how Canada operates..

The same way when you send the turbine for repair you have to state "Damaged Toy Parts for repair" and a very low value and the shipping to Barcelona from US via Fedex (with tracking) is $60 to $75.. the trick is to keep the size of your box small..
Will be interesting to see what final charges will be. Keep us updated. I know that low value stuff coming into Canada , usually under $100 comes in free with no added taxes but something of this value would be at least 13% on the Canadian dollar value as this is a substantial cut for the government coffers. Generally if stuff is sent out for repairs, there is not a charge but on the other hand for say a bearing change that being a higher in the $300 plus dollars range may be a charge.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:57 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are no custom fees, people have been doing this for years and years, gift item, low value.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:15 AM
stegl

So you are saying that a turbine with a shipment value of $1400 plus usd is a low value and no other import charges into the US ?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought a M140 from Gaspar two years ago when the Euro was about $1.25. It was labeled as a toy model engine so there shouldn't have been any duty. However, I ended up reimbursing Fedex $32 in duty/customs fees. I suspect that it went through a customs agent because of the value on the customs form. I have not had that happen when buying ARF's from China, they probably report a nominal value. The price was 2100 Euro and Gaspar will not put a lower value on the forms.

Anyway the shocker was about 6 months later I received a bill from the State of Michigan for 6% sales tax. Apparently because it went through an agent the transaction got reported to the state and they sent me a bill for about $150. I still saved about $200 over buying it in the states.

I just want to make anyone considering buying a turbine from Europe aware that they may end up paying state sales tax. Your situation may be different depending on where you live.

Last edited by joeflyer; 01-26-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:32 PM
stegl

Basically that was my whole point... it can be the roll of the dice... Will leave it there.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:44 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes. This is typically the bill we pay when importing a bunch of turbines to the USA.

Also if you ship your engine back to Spain for service declaring a very low value of 30 USD or so and the parcel gets lost, the insurance will cover you for this amount only.
Finally you won't receive any support in the USA for an engine bought in Europe.

What is the value of the service I provide?
Obviously some individuals on this forum have evaluated that it is not worth a cent...
Old 01-26-2015, 09:55 PM
DiscoWings

Basically that was my whole point... it can be the roll of the dice... Will leave it there.

Paying sales tax had nothing to with dice, your supposed to pay sales tax or use tax regardless of where you buy; buying form the u.s. does not mean you get a pass from paying sales tax; and It can just as easily happen on cross state sales like when you buy a trailer from an out of state dealer, or a stanby generator.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by olnico
Yes. This is typically the bill we pay when importing a bunch of turbines to the USA.

Also if you ship your engine back to Spain for service declaring a very low value of 30 USD or so and the parcel gets lost, the insurance will cover you for this amount only.
Finally you won't receive any support in the USA for an engine bought in Europe.

What is the value of the service I provide?
Obviously some individuals on this forum have evaluated that it is not worth a cent...
Not necessarily true, you can declare an item is being sent for service/repair, INCLUDE the original sales receipt and not have to pay any customs. This will not have any affect on the insurance.

Understandable if you don't want to provide support; but I would assume if someone was willing to pay for the labor and parts you guys would take the business since you have the equipment onsite. Its also completely reasonable to see that support is part of what the person is buying is buying.

The thing I ultimately go back on, is the price of the item is the same now as it was when the euro was 1.45....
Old 01-26-2015, 10:58 PM
cjdyuj

Did you fly it already?

Last edited by cjdyuj; 01-26-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:20 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

For Canadian folks, I buy many item for the U.S. and abroad.....if you used courrier and it doesn't matter which one, they will charge you brokers fee percentage of the value of the item......and most likely will also charge you duty, now for RC (Hobby) there's no duty in Canada, all you need to do is file a refund with CBSA takes a while but you will get you money back.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:47 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
Are you saying that if someone sent you an engine bought in Europe you would refuse to repair it?

Apparently Dreamworks will repair engines bought in Europe. See post #27 in this thread.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:39 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a couple of comments to clear some doubts, we have received few emails that I suppose have been originated from the comments on this thread:

1) JetsMunt will not ship any engine with a fake invoice. We need the export papers done with correct value in order to get our local sales tax (VAT, 21%) returned to us. In USA the experience is that often there isn't any tax, but on other countries the tax could be significant, for example, Brazil taxes with a 60% this kind of goods.

2) JetsMunt dealers are not obligated to support engines not sold by them. There is a investment in spares stock, training, tooling and time that should be paid, and this money come from sales. JetsMunt dealers can and often support engines not sold by them, but this a plus that they choose to offer on his own.

JetsMunt always recommend to buy the engines to local dealers so that customers receive the best possible local support, but for the cases that due personal/whatever reasons the customer prefer to contact directly to factory, not a problem either.

Gaspar
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM
stegl

Originally Posted by Dansy
For Canadian folks, I buy many item for the U.S. and abroad.....if you used courrier and it doesn't matter which one, they will charge you brokers fee percentage of the value of the item......and most likely will also charge you duty, now for RC (Hobby) there's no duty in Canada, all you need to do is file a refund with CBSA takes a while but you will get you money back.
Hi Dan:
True, no duty , technically on goods manufactured in the US but we could be from offshore depending on what the current government free trade rules are with those countries and Canada) . BUT, there could be our GST and PST to be charged depending on the province we live in and if the Carrier decides to charge it or not. Again , flip of the dice as to whether we are charged or not. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't . When it is Canada post as the carried we usually are not, depending on the amount, but if a carrier like FedEx, DHL , Purolator or others we usually get charged I find. When shipments are handled by a courier other than the postal system I don't think a customs agent ever sees it ; making the courier company duty bound to charge whatever is due.

Since this is a VT-80/VT-80BL forum as to users experiences on the running and durability of this turbine , we should get back to its forum.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Dansy

Hi Dan:
True, no duty , technically on goods manufactured in the US but we could be from offshore depending on what the current government free trade rules are with those countries and Canada) . BUT, there could be our GST and PST to be charged depending on the province we live in and if the Carrier decides to charge it or not. Again , flip of the dice as to whether we are charged or not. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't . When it is Canada post as the carried we usually are not, depending on the amount, but if a carrier like FedEx, DHL , Purolator or others we usually get charged I find. When shipments are handled by a courier other than the postal system I don't think a customs agent ever sees it ; making the courier company duty bound to charge whatever is due.

Since this is a VT-80/VT-80BL forum as to users experiences on the running and durability of this turbine , we should get back to its forum.
Actually NO duty on anything Hobby.....I have imported from many country's.....but yes HST I assumed on all purchased will be charge.

I usually try to be the broker, very simple go to the airport to pickup the airplane take the paperwork.....go to custom (CBSA) pay Taxes....return to pickup plane....very simple.

Since I work pretty closed to the border...when I buy from US dealer I just send it to my US address, then cross with it pay the taxes and that is it....unless it's not hobby like tires or home Reno supply then some duty could apply depending on where it was made.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Dansy

Hi Dan:

Actually NO duty on anything Hobby.....I have imported from many country's.....but yes HST I assumed on all purchased will be charge.

I usually try to be the broker, very simple go to the airport to pickup the airplane take the paperwork.....go to custom (CBSA) pay Taxes....return to pickup plane....very simple.

Since I work pretty closed to the border...when I buy from US dealer I just send it to my US address, then cross with it pay the taxes and that is it....unless it's not hobby like tires or home Reno supply then some duty could apply depending on where it was made.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:29 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion....
Dreamworks will service all jetsmunt engines regardless where the engine was purchased. Valid warranty service, including parts and labor, will only apply to engines originally purchased through Dreamworks. Warranty service by Dreamworks relating to engines purchased through other vendors covers parts only (with JetsMunt approval); labor charges at our normal hourly rate will apply. Parts for all models are typically in stock.

Todd
Old 01-27-2015, 01:06 PM
DiscoWings

All u.s. vendors have to do is match the EURO and problem solved, look at Vogel-Aeroscale, the price of the 200 dropped $750.00 from $3999 down to $3249. I don't think the issue is the U.S. support, its the price descrepency between European retail vs U.S.

Euro might be below the dollar this year at the rate its falling, great time to buy european goods.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 PM
stegl

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion....
Dreamworks will service all jetsmunt engines regardless where the engine was purchased. Valid warranty service, including parts and labor, will only apply to engines originally purchased through Dreamworks. Warranty service by Dreamworks relating to engines purchased through other vendors covers parts only (with JetsMunt approval); labor charges at our normal hourly rate will apply. Parts for all models are typically in stock.

Todd
Good clarification , Todd. Thanks.... Next question; when are you expecting the next shipment of the Jets Munt VT-80BL in ?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:27 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
All u.s. vendors have to do is match the EURO and problem solved, look at Vogel-Aeroscale, the price of the 200 dropped $750.00 from $3999 down to $3249. I don't think the issue is the U.S. support, its the price descrepency between European retail vs U.S.

Euro might be below the dollar this year at the rate its falling, great time to buy european goods.
US dealers are not reducing prices as the US dollar value increases. Any European made products should be far less than they were. Some eg. Powerbox items can be $100's of dollars less if purchased from Europe. The European made Tx's such as Jeti and Weatronic. Jeti DS-16 is currently 1595usd, approx $1300 in Europe. Weatronic BAT 60 listed at $1999 by US dealer, purchased in Europe $1600. As Disco mentioned, turbines can be as much as $1000 cheaper depending on model. Jetcat, Jetsmunt, Behotec etc, all made in Europe.

I would rather buy at home but, not going to pay that much more to do so. Com'mon US dealers, adjust your prices, there is no impact on margin.

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 01-27-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:55 PM
LA jetguy

I'm glad Gaspar, Oli and Todd cleared up the acquisition issues as well as the service questions.... Thank you guys...

As a consumer of Jets Munt engines I personally have a few M200XBL, a few 140XBL and have first had experience of the 100XBL and the VT80BL. Their performance is awesome and flawlessly...

For those interested in the VT80BL, please note that they don't come with factory battery. All other jets munt turbines come with a 2200mah battery. Also unlike the other family members the VT80 or the VT80BL will not continue to cool down once the reciever is powered down.. The cool down process requires the receiver to remain on. All the other models will continue to cool down with the receiver turned off..

You will not regret getting a Jets Munt turbine no matter how you acquire it.... It's the only turbine on the current market with BRUSHLESS pump and starter motor, a state of the art ECU and telemetry sensor module...also the best weight to power ratio and fuel consumption..
Old 01-28-2015, 10:22 AM
stegl

The JM VT-80BL is the only JM turbine that does not have the Brushless starter but does have a brushless fuel pump.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:30 AM
LA jetguy

The JM VT-80BL is the only JM turbine that does not have the Brushless starter but does have a brushless fuel pump.
That is correct... the Brushless pump gives you a smooth transition in throttle movement...
Old 01-28-2015, 10:57 AM
RafalePilot

JM VT80BL has a BL fuel pump and brushed starter.

Wren is now producing turbines with BL fuel pump and starter : Wren 80 DCi and 100 DCi

Last edited by RafalePilot; 01-28-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:18 AM
LA jetguy

On the VT80BL.. I'm not 100% sure about the brushless starter motor (I don't think so).. BUT the pump is brushless I have held it and installed it... its the same pump as the other Jets Munt motors...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.