Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New JetsMunt VT-80 BL

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New JetsMunt VT-80 BL

Old 03-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 158 Likes on 141 Posts

You got to be kidding.......of course Santa is real
Old 03-22-2015, 09:48 PM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess I will have to wait for the Ho, Ho, Hoi.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:35 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by stegl
Guess I will have to wait for the Ho, Ho, Hoi.
Haha....you only need a R5L RX for what you have in mind.....maybe a DPS-40 for the split voltage which will also show on the Profi..the Jeti Radio is a superb radio, and the telemetry either way is solid.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:16 PM
stegl

Already got a Power Box for the split power. The more I read about the Jeti DS-16 the more I want one.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:17 AM
Dansy

Is relatively non expensive compare to most jet Kit and turbine..........and will last a long time.

Not sure your if your aware....but there's a DS14 as well they will be coming out with a DS-24 and DS-12 not really sure when but that give you more options.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:57 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks David and Dan:
Yes the DS-16 Jeti radio would be the real McCoy all right and sure would love to get one; but can't seen to find one in my price range. May have to go with the xicoy telemetry adapter for the VT-80 and then use a full range Jeti telemetry receiver and the Jetibox Profi . This should give me what I need. All the other brands are lacking somewhat in Telemetry features. Maybe someone out there has a second one they might unload... oh well maybe there is a Santa ....LOL

Got the Boomer Sprint fuse and wing center section primed ready for paint sometime this week. Once that is done then retract , VT-80 and fuel system install.
If you are running Spek, the xicoy adapter is "pretty" good. You only have one way communication but, it does give you battery cond, flame out alarm (low rpm) and even fuel capacity, although there is no alarm available for fuel capacity so, unless you are looking at the screen to monitor, it is useless. Hopefully Spek will add this capability in a future update.

I couldn't wait that long so i have just ordered one of the new Red DS-16's so, that I can completely emulate the GSU on the Tx.

Got the Tx and enough equipment to change over 4 turbine jets for the cost of a JR28x or 18MZ alone. Neither of which can fully emulate the GSU.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 03-24-2015 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:41 AM
stegl

Sorry but will continue with my Airtronics SD-10G before I buy any Spektrum products. I value my electric and turbine aircraft too much. The DS-14 is a stripped model and Once you start adding the add-ons the price can come up pretty fast. BUT I haven't discounted it yet. The advantage of having the Jeti Proffi is the your caller can be watching it as well and readout any required parameters. Not sure if it has the function of setting any audible alarms. The engine out is one of the most important alarms to me. As one user said ; you can set the pump voltage at idle and if the throttle setting is higher and you get a low pump voltage then that would indicate a turbine shutdown by the ECU.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:26 AM
luv2flyrc

Sorry but will continue with my Airtronics SD-10G before I buy any Spektrum products. I value my electric and turbine aircraft too much. .
Don't be sorry, it was just a suggestion, I didn't know you were a Spek hater lol but, the reality is many valuable aircraft are being flown successfully on it. Did you see the 1/4 scale F-104 at Florida jets? Yep, flown on Dx-18. I think the pilot values his $30k aircraft as well.

How's the telemetry on the SD-10G?

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 03-24-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:53 AM
stegl

You know and I know know that Airtronics doesn't have telemetry and if it did I wouldn't have to be looking at the Jeti... LOL Have just had too many friends loose nice aircraft to Spektrum and we almost lost our field because of it. plus I don't buy radios to only be a Beta tester with fixes before the radio even gets in the door. The change that JR ( split from the Spectrum's system) did more recently, just confirms this. I know there are a lots of Spek. out there and that is only because a lot of buyers really don't do their homework and hope that fixes are finished.... will never happen. I see you don't use the DX-18 ? Anyways , back to Jets Munt VT-80 forum. I started the radio and telemetry in this forum only to get some opinions and feedback on the Xicoy harness from the Turbine ECU.
Thanks all
Old 03-24-2015, 01:47 PM
luv2flyrc

I see you don't use the DX-18 ?
I do use it and I like it but, that's for another thread I'm running the xicoy telemetry on it, that's why I commented.

Mike
Old 03-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
I do use it and I like it but, that's for another thread I'm running the xicoy telemetry on it, that's why I commented.

Mike
You won't use it anymore once you have the DS...
Old 03-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Dansy

Sorry but will continue with my Airtronics SD-10G before I buy any Spektrum products. I value my electric and turbine aircraft too much. The DS-14 is a stripped model and Once you start adding the add-ons the price can come up pretty fast. BUT I haven't discounted it yet. The advantage of having the Jeti Proffi is the your caller can be watching it as well and readout any required parameters. Not sure if it has the function of setting any audible alarms. The engine out is one of the most important alarms to me. As one user said ; you can set the pump voltage at idle and if the throttle setting is higher and you get a low pump voltage then that would indicate a turbine shutdown by the ECU.
i dont ont use the profi but I do believe that it got no voice but has alarms.....I could be wrong.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM
stegl

Default Jeti

Yes , the Jeti Proffi has alarm set but no voice as that is in the DS or DC transmitter. Their thoughts are I guess is the co-pilot will be watching the readouts and can relay to the " pilot in command" . I had a discussion with someone about all their equipment upgradability and appears it is not for fixes but they do listen to users and if someone can come up with very usable equipment uses/features they are prepared to add features if they feel it is warranted and a benefit to users. I like that.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Dansy

From a other forum....the profi will not be updated with new things....its taught as an old design that doesn't have the computing power to grow further....one reason for the DC/DS 24 so I read.....its more powerful then the 16 series....

but it unlike many manufacturers they do listen
Old 03-25-2015, 01:24 PM
stegl

Yes , the listening and reacting is what I understand is of importance to them. Haven't decided on the DS 14 or 16 but think the 16 would be more than sufficient. The big thing for me is turbine shutdown notice and operation being the main thing. May go with the DC-14 and do needed upgrades .....sitting on the fence right now and pro and conning. I do like the idea of an extra screen for engine parameters.... I can't seem to find any info on the DS-24 but would expect it will be more money but how many more features can they add ??? LOL If you could supply links that would be great. Thanks
Old 04-15-2015, 01:48 PM
stegl

Santa just arrived and dropped off my ds-16 this afternoon. Already received my xicoy link from the turbine to the duplex receiver to tell me
just how nice my VT-80 is running... Should be ready to do the first start early next week ...... WOW. .... Can't wait.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:33 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Stegl, Congrats on your radio purchase!
Old 04-16-2015, 07:45 AM
stegl

Now I have to learn programming all over again ! Found that the Airtronics SD-10G/GS one of the easiest if not the easiest for setup. But once I think along the lines of the program design it will be easier.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:26 PM
stegl

Well back to the original thread.... Did the first start-up on the VT80 this afternoon and wow can't get any more automatic than that.... did have a couple of pops on start-up but that was probably just a few air bubbles getting through, right ? Cool down just did it's own thing..... I am impressed ! Only did about half throttle run ups in that back yard and didn't want to scare the little girl next door. Power up was very quick , no lag at all although spool down was slower it seemed. Being my first turbine everything is quite new and a lot to learn. I believe that the start-up to taxi is true at 45 seconds or better but didn't have a stopwatch with me. LOL !!!! Have the telemetry programmed in the Jeti but have to work out the alarms yet. Bit of a harder learning curve there.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:59 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Well back to the original thread.... Did the first start-up on the VT80 this afternoon and wow can't get any more automatic than that.... did have a couple of pops on start-up but that was probably just a few air bubbles getting through, right ? Cool down just did it's own thing..... I am impressed ! Only did about half throttle run ups in that back yard and didn't want to scare the little girl next door. Power up was very quick , no lag at all although spool down was slower it seemed. Being my first turbine everything is quite new and a lot to learn. I believe that the start-up to taxi is true at 45 seconds or better but didn't have a stopwatch with me. LOL !!!! Have the telemetry programmed in the Jeti but have to work out the alarms yet. Bit of a harder learning curve there.
Stegl... VT80BL is a great turbine...Keep in mind that you need to leave the transmitter and reciever "on" during the cool down process... I have set alarms for fuel %, ECU battery and RPM (for flame outs)... Let us know if you need assistance with setting up alarms on Jeti system...

Enjoy...
Old 05-25-2015, 09:33 PM
stegl

So far , I have the turbine EGT, Turbine speed, turbine pump, and turbine fuel on the Jeti screen ( my choice) Couple of questions to speed things up . Any idea what I should set the Brushless fuel pump voltage at for the idle voltage for starters ? Help to program the voice alerts when bump drops below the idle threshold . Also help in setting up the turbine fuel % left. Can voice alerts be added to indicate fuel level like ie 75% , 50% and 25% for example.... Also any other suggestions would be great.as this is my first jeti and kero turbine. Step by step please !

Thanks for the help
Old 05-26-2015, 04:51 PM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far , I have the turbine EGT, Turbine speed, turbine pump, and turbine fuel on the Jeti screen ( my choice) Couple of questions to speed things up . Any idea what I should set the Brushless fuel pump voltage at for the idle voltage for starters ? Help to program the voice alerts when bump drops below the idle threshold . Also help in setting up the turbine fuel % left. Can voice alerts be added to indicate fuel level like ie 75% , 50% and 25% for example.... Also any other suggestions would be great.as this is my first jeti and kero turbine. Step by step please !

Thanks for the help
Stegl,
In my honest opinion.... leave all the turbine settings as factory set.
Gaspar and his team do test after test, before they release the turbine onto the market. The settings they have are set for a reason. If you do decide to change anything, my advise would be to contact Gaspar personally and ask for his opinion. He is absolutely brilliant at replying fast. He'll definitely know the best approach.

Congrats on your new radio and engine. I have both the DS16 and the VT80. I love them both. Fly safe
Kind regards,
Morten
Old 05-26-2015, 09:08 PM
stegl

sorry , think you may have misunderstood.... I was meaning the settings in the radio telemetry ie if the pump voltage drops below an idle setting then the alarm goes off in the radio to indicate a flameout. No I would not reset any parameters in the turbine itself.
Good to know that you have the same so when I get back Sunday I may have some questions for you.... Thanks
Len

Last edited by stegl; 05-26-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Len...

I use the turbine RPM feature for "flame out" alarm... if the RPM drops below 25000 the alarm to repeat 3X.

For fuel level I set three separate alarms at 50%, 30% and 20%. I set a .wav file saying " fuel level" and then in the alarm menu there is an option to announce actual value... So at alarm trigger the system would announce ..'fuel level (actual percentage). This way you can adjust the alarm setting without making additional .wav files

David
Old 05-27-2015, 06:59 AM
stegl

OK , Thanks Will try that. I find the Manual lacking in being more specific and the symbols above the 5 buttons could have had explanations. A great radio but I guess I have a learning curve there. My Airtronics SD-10 has a very good manual and is much easier to program BUT no telemetry. Guess I got spoiled in the last 5+ years

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.