Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster A-10 1/7 scale help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster A-10 1/7 scale help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skymaster A-10 1/7 scale help

Hi,
can some one please post a few photos of there internal set up of the model listed above. Only 1:7 scale need to apy please. A photo of your tank placement and mounting would be appreciated. This particular model I am not sure where I should be placing the main tanks. All the treads I have looked at so far have not showed any internal photos of use.
Ivan
Old 11-18-2014, 03:10 PM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at the thread on regroups about this model?
Ill try and get a pic of my tank layout, but If i recall correctly, i put the tanks between the formers and the rear formers are sufficiently tight that the tanks can't go much further back. The position of the former rather helpfully puts the centre of the tank over the CG.
I added some ply to both front and rear formers to give a more stable mounting platform.
I aeropoxied a couple of the 90 servo mounts to the front of the tank so that I could screw then into the front former.
For extra security I used silicone glue to secure the rear of the tanks to the rear former.
Hope that helps
Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Justflying1

HI bidrseed2,
I have looked at RC Groups and the only ones I seem to be seeing are the ducted fan units not turbine. Thank you for the information. Centre of tank over the C OF G sounds good to me. If you can get a pick of the lay out that would be much appreciated.
Ivan
Old 11-19-2014, 02:01 AM
gideon.edge540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Justfly

Ok there are 2 option for you to have a look. Try to watch Bob's videos on youtube and yes you can take out the one former on the bottom to fit you tanks in. Replace the former to support the fuzz at a different point. There are a lot of changes to do you'll find out, but a great little jet. Bob has a lot of good ideas and also we changed a few points on the model asswell.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hornitpilot

This is Bob's link and he is a very interresting guy.

Blue skies
Old 11-19-2014, 02:22 AM
Justflying1

Thanks for the link will take a look
Old 11-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Justflying1

Bob's video is of the larger A-10. I have the 1/7 scale which is smaller. Can someone please post a photo of where they put there tank set up on there plane. Bob's set up on the large one seems forward of the C of G. I would think that with all that fuel forward it would make the plane very nose heavy.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Justflying1

Originally Posted by bidrseed2
Have you looked at the thread on regroups about this model?
Ill try and get a pic of my tank layout, but If i recall correctly, i put the tanks between the formers and the rear formers are sufficiently tight that the tanks can't go much further back. The position of the former rather helpfully puts the centre of the tank over the CG.
I added some ply to both front and rear formers to give a more stable mounting platform.
I aeropoxied a couple of the 90 servo mounts to the front of the tank so that I could screw then into the front former.
For extra security I used silicone glue to secure the rear of the tanks to the rear former.
Hope that helps
Are you saying that you placed yours directly where the rear hatch is. This would place them bang on the C of G. The only problem is it will make that hatch area useless to place the GSU. Not a big problem as I will put them at the front if this is the case. I however want to make sure that this is what you or others have done. I prefer to do it rite the first time instead of having to do it again.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:52 PM
gideon.edge540

You will find that you need to build all the gear as much as possible in the front to keep the CG close to right because it will be still tail heavey after finishing the build. There are 2 bulkheads on the bottom of the fuzz where the fuel tanks are suppose to stand on, but I took the rear one out on the bottom and mounte the front of the tanks just behind the front bulkhead. That also give you space to do your tray for the pumps and UAV to fit in on top of the tanks. That will help with the CG before and after flights. Unfortunatly I dont have pics but will see if I can get some to post. Keep the installation forward as possible.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Justflying1

I understand that the install must be as far forward as possible. However I'm still up in arms about the fuel until I see for my self how others have done it. We have got a jet meet next year and hopefully someone will have one there for me to look at if no one posts any photos.
Thank you for the information
Old 11-20-2014, 01:05 AM
Justflying1

I still can't get my head around having that much fuel which = weight forward of the C of G. I would think that this would effect the flight and trim as fuel is burnt up. If this is the case that's fine but that's why I want to see for my own eyes how people with the small A-10 have done it. It would be good if Skymaster posted some photos of there tank set up when they where flying there small one.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:07 AM
gideon.edge540

If you build the 1/7.5 scale A10 then I dont see why you struggle cause everything is basically on Bob's youtube videos cause that's a X-treme A10 1/7.5 scale he is building with all the mods and the tanks installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t2r...FjjfvDjzGz4-CQ
Old 11-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Justflying1

Not struggling. Just wanted to see what other peoples opinion is. I'm putting my tanks over the C of G as bidrseed2 suggested.
Thank you for the information.