Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hello FAA!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hello FAA!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 02:21 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Hello FAA!

Interesting read..........

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 18, 2014
Phone: 202-267-3883
FAA Statement on NTSB Decision in Huerta v. Pirker
WASHINGTON – The Federal Aviation Administration is pleased the National Transportation Safety Board found that unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) meet the legal definition of “aircraft,” and that that the agency may take enforcement action against anyone who operates a UAS or model aircraft in a careless or reckless manner.
The FAA believes Mr. Pirker operated a UAS in a careless or reckless manner, and that the proposed civil penalty should stand. The agency looks forward to a factual determination by the Administrative Law Judge on the “careless or reckless” nature of the operation in question.......

Old 11-18-2014, 02:25 PM
FalconWings

some more baseline related info:

http://www.popsci.com/article/techno...mercial-drones

Last edited by FalconWings; 11-18-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:04 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What a bunch of crap, what next, are we gonna have to pay some FAA rep to inspect our rc planes every year,,don't laugh it may happen.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:01 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Really ???... Here we go..

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...law-so-pay-up/
Old 11-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Land of the free eh? Think I'm glad I'm up here. Don't get me wrong I like all of my American cousins but lordy your country is getting to be pretty hardcore.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:35 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by raron455
What a bunch of crap, what next, are we gonna have to pay some FAA rep to inspect our rc planes every year,,don't laugh it may happen.
Next step: we'll need a CPL license with IFR rating to fly fpv's commercially. I can smell that coming big time. IFR rating since the vehicle is flow through a HUD system without direct vision of the outer environment.
Total BS but a way to drastically reduce the amount of non professional commercial activity.

As far as I am aware of, this is pretty much what Australia has ruled already ( except for IR ).
Old 11-19-2014, 05:17 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

On the other side of the story at my work just last week we almost had a mid air with a quad copter and it was in class B airspace at about 700 feet. My guys followed it back and got our ground units to respond but not really anything anyone can about it right now other then tell him to not do it. Some rules need to be made because allot of people have no freaking sense.

I hate the government being involved in anything as specially the hobby I love. But when our 4 million dollar helicopter and 2 of my good friends almost eat a quad through the windshield something needs to be done. not to mention this is a densely populated area class B airspace with lots of airline traffic military traffic and our helicopter all sharing the same airspace.

I wouldn't worry about the FAA much if you are a responsible flyer that does not do stupid crap. This is all a way that if you are a retard they can do something about it.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:00 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
On the other side of the story at my work just last week we almost had a mid air with a quad copter and it was in class B airspace at about 700 feet. My guys followed it back and got our ground units to respond but not really anything anyone can about it right now other then tell him to not do it. Some rules need to be made because allot of people have no freaking sense.

I hate the government being involved in anything as specially the hobby I love. But when our 4 million dollar helicopter and 2 of my good friends almost eat a quad through the windshield something needs to be done. not to mention this is a densely populated area class B airspace with lots of airline traffic military traffic and our helicopter all sharing the same airspace.

I wouldn't worry about the FAA much if you are a responsible flyer that does not do stupid crap. This is all a way that if you are a retard they can do something about it.

Exactly! These backyard Cowboys are the problem, seen it all over the place, hovering over traffic and people, flying over amusement parks, guys flying no line of sight way higher than they should at non approved sites etc...
Old 11-19-2014, 08:21 AM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Land of the free eh? Think I'm glad I'm up here. Don't get me wrong I like all of my American cousins but lordy your country is getting to be pretty hardcore.

LOL, your country will be next!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:46 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The solution to the problem is simple. Ban all retailers from selling this product. Public safety is the key issue and that is why it is mandatory to have seat belts in a vehicle.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:12 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flycatch
The solution to the problem is simple. Ban all retailers from selling this product. Public safety is the key issue and that is why it is mandatory to have seat belts in a vehicle.
Banning products is not the answer, For one what would you ban? any RC craft can be used to fly in the wrong place.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:32 AM
rcjetsaok

[QUOTE=flycatch;11921145]The solution to the problem is simple. Ban all retailers from selling this product. Public safety is the key issue and that is why it is mandatory to have seat belts in a vehicle.[/QUOTE

That will go over like a turd in a punch bowl... It's like gun control.. It's not the gun or the quad-copter... , it's the complete senseless idiot with the finger on the trigger or the guy at the controls. When will people figure this out. I could kill the piss out of someone with a credit card... Should we outlaw those too ?? ...

Wearing me out !!!,

D

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 11-19-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:32 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Of what I've read the most important word in this ruling is RECKLESS.
If you fly reckless you'll be punished.
That's what I understand... I don't know others way of thinking.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 11-19-2014, 11:04 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

The immediate solution is a 12 gauge.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:28 PM
rcjetsaok

Originally Posted by rgburrill
The immediate solution is a 12 gauge.
!!! Exactly !!! That's what I'm talk'in bout !! Brings new meaning to the phrase " Both barrels, all four blades "

D
Old 11-19-2014, 03:21 PM
weazel1

It's not to hard to stop some I did from one of our local airshow
Old 11-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Nighthawk117
My Feedback: (41)

Idiotic human behaviors will NEVER be changed by any law, period. Many of the so called laws are written by those who lack the common sense needed to overcome such problems. These are unfortunately the sad facts with the way this country is controlled. Good luck to the FAA in controlling these people !!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:29 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

the truth of the matter is,, most of these MOTARDS are not AMA members and have no Idea of the rules that come from operating a remote model. Literally a soccer mom can go out and buy her kid an Rc airplane and just turn them loose,, and that is a problem. Some of these quadcopters are made just for these idiots, they don't have to know how to fly, they can push a button and it will stay, or a panic button and it can re-level itself. You think Im kidding have you seen this,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxrujhtYBBo IF you don't think these kids are going to be in the streets with this thing, you are mistaken, and when they start putting them into peoples windows, cars, ETC. (and its gonna happen) something will have to be done about it,, and when it is GUESS who is gonna pay,, Us the rule following card carrying AMA members, IT is total crap, and its gonna get worse..

Last edited by raron455; 11-19-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:06 PM
patrnflyr

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It doesn't help when you have super mega hobby stores like Horizon putting out ads like the one I received today showing a new drone flying over the multitudes of sun bathers on a beach at a resort. It has to start with education somewhere. My son, who's an ATP regional pilot, says they should make the penalty the same as when they point lasers at a cockpit, automatic jail time. Do that a few times and these idiots will wake up. The Christmas catalogs are full of them and no mention of the AMA.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:28 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

These drones and some of the idiot's that fly them will harm this hobby. All the stuff you see in the stores and even in most the RC magazine's is getting nuts. I just don't see any good for our hobby!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:55 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The FAA needs to start a major education campaign starting with setting down with the AMA and the entire hobby industry. Next they need to print up some
common sense rules and post them in all hobby shops and have the rules included with every kit sold in the USA.

Also the FAA needs to really go after people who are doing dangerous things and endangering full scale aircraft. I think it may come to having everyone
that fly's RC register with the FAA especially if they wish to fly anywhere other than a RC site. The next step would be anyone caught flying without the
proper credentials and or endangering full scale would be arrested and their RC gear confiscated.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

You can buy them off of E Bay from Asia shipped direct to your house. This would mean there would have to be import rules too.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
That will go over like a turd in a punch bowl... It's like gun control.. It's not the gun or the quad-copter... , it's the complete senseless idiot with the finger on the trigger or the guy at the controls. When will people figure this out. I could kill the piss out of someone with a credit card... Should we outlaw those too ?? ...

Wearing me out !!!,

D
Exactly!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 AM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok.........then we need to report EVERY structural failure, powerplant failure including fuel exhaustion, every control system failure, every hard landing,every limitation exceedence to the FAA including all RC, Controline and free flight operations. As taxpayers, we should demand that the FAA investigate every event and establish policies and procedures to minimize risk and ensure safety for the flying modeler. The AMA needs to provide advise on how many people will need to be hired by the FAA to provide adequate regulatory compliance for 140,000+ additional model aviators (each of which operate several aircraft) that now come under the FAA's jurisdiction. I recomend that we call our local FAA offices and ask how they plan to police these operations now under their jurisdiction.....maybe daily calling until and answer is given will be needed.

Keep in mind that gliders and AIRCRAFT in distress have the right of way above all other aircraft.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:12 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by cactusflyer
Ok.........then we need to report EVERY structural failure, powerplant failure including fuel exhaustion, every control system failure, every hard landing,every limitation exceedence to the FAA including all RC, Controline and free flight operations. As taxpayers, we should demand that the FAA investigate every event and establish policies and procedures to minimize risk and ensure safety for the flying modeler. The AMA needs to provide advise on how many people will need to be hired by the FAA to provide adequate regulatory compliance for 140,000+ additional model aviators (each of which operate several aircraft) that now come under the FAA's jurisdiction. I recomend that we call our local FAA offices and ask how they plan to police these operations now under their jurisdiction.....maybe daily calling until and answer is given will be needed.

Keep in mind that gliders and AIRCRAFT in distress have the right of way above all other aircraft.
Please don't give the feds any ideas.

Here's a new one...... http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/auth...potted/vC3cnB/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.