Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hinges To Use???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hinges To Use???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:02 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hinges To Use???

Happy Thanksgiving to all, may we all be blessed and thankful. Hey guys, I'm working on my 2nd jet (retracts). It is the DV8R. My question is whether I should use CA Hinges, Dubro Flat Pinned Hinges, or Robart Hinges? Rookie question to say the least. Thanks for any advice and/or suggestions. Chic
Old 11-27-2014, 06:26 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will all work. My Boomerang Nano has CA type hinges. Work great with over 150 flights. My PST Panther has Flat Dubro type hinges and Robart Hinge points and they work just as well. Use Hysol on the Dubro and Robarts and you will be just fine.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:29 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

While they will all work, my preference, based on durability and ease of installation is the Robart hinge points.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:00 AM
bluescoobydoo

cyno on my intro over 50 hours on the turbine now
Old 11-27-2014, 11:16 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol. I was hoping this thread was about gear door hinges.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Chic, each hinge type is different, and has different reasons to be used or not. On my first turbine plane ( Kangaroo ) the rudders were hinged with Radio South CA large hinges; Hundreds of flights no issues. My BVM planes have a wide variety of hinge types all for the type of surface and or materials they are bonded to. On my std size and 125% Turbinators I have the largest sized Dubro hinges everywhere except for the flaps which are the large Robarts because of how they need to move away from the wing when they lower. All are good, the most important thing is to use the correct adhesive and clean the plastic ones and rough them up before you glue them in.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:12 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Ron, hope to fly with you this year. Thanks Ron, decided to use the Robarts' as you suggested. Will use the Hysol to install them. Chic