Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster ARF PLUS F-18E/F Super Hornet....Coming Soon !!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster ARF PLUS F-18E/F Super Hornet....Coming Soon !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:48 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Skymaster ARF PLUS F-18E/F Super Hornet....Coming Soon !!!

I have taken the liberty of starting a Skymaster F-18E/F thread for all you F-18 guys so that we can keep the "Skymaster 1/5 F-16" thread about ...well the F-16.
Post all further Skymaster F-18 pics and info HERE please.
-Mike O.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:27 AM
C.Brunnlechner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want one ;-)
Old 11-27-2014, 09:22 AM
MNModels

Mike O tks,

OK 1st things 1st. The english language thing - tyres or tires ? Same thing spelled differently in different cultures. Like color and colour... Well this besides the point.

What i find really interesting is Lavi's observation regarding the LG for F18 C vs F18 E. I have just about read every book, article, print you name it regarding hornets. Its my all time favorite jet since kindergarten. I have build every plastic model of every hornet ever produced. The guy who designed the YF17 - later F18A is my hero. He knows about jets for sure! And it has a look that you either hate or love....

Now that LG is the most important part of this jet. I have had a Yellow twin with 2 OS91 DF. Sure it flies and look ok - but the front view is not a hornet. That is why i am so excited about Likai's LG. It will have that "look"! Even if you put all the pipes and bolts on a yellow gear (i have tried) it still does not look like a hornet gear!

Now i would like here from those actually working and flying the hornets about the difference between the 2 landing gears. I am talking the real jet now. It was contracted to the same company doing the folding wing part i think. So please provide me with some real info on the super hornet gear difference to the normal hornet. Besides larger actuators and thicker oleos - i can not see a difference in geometry.

I am just a die hard "C" fan! I can not wait for Anton to release the C hornet. Maybe a folding wing version as well....wait and see...

Rgds
Old 11-27-2014, 10:04 AM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I too love the bug , I've been building mine for quite some time now... There are quite some differences between the hornet and super hornet gear . They're not just beafier ... But do look similar at first glance .
Old 11-27-2014, 10:20 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Are we talking about the 1/6 version they will be releasing next year? If so I will be building the D version, I'm really glad they decided to make dual seat of the old version. Im trying to get them to do proper hard points as well so the wing stores can be used during flight without crazy mods.

I always love seeing the large speed brake between the rudders being used for some reason.

Last edited by FenderBean; 11-27-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 AM
MNModels

Hi,

Yes. In fact the c&d will be 1/5.5 scale as the e&f will be 1/6. Real nice size. Fully loaded with lights will be awsome!

Rgds.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:06 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MNModels

Now that LG is the most important part of this jet. I have had a Yellow twin with 2 OS91 DF. Sure it flies and look ok - but the front view is not a hornet. That is why i am so excited about Likai's LG. It will have that "look"! Even if you put all the pipes and bolts on a yellow gear (i have tried) it still does not look like a hornet gear!
You said it, I agree 110%. The narrow track just kills the look.

As for the difference, I do not know for sure but I believe the basics are the same. The linkage on the side of the gear leg changes the plane of the wheel and shrinks the leg itself as it retracts. It would appear the E/F does the same thing with a simplified linkage.

I think if there is anyone who could get the scale gear to work it is Likai but so far all I have seen are the SLA plastic gear with little linkages and hobby ball links. I can't wait to see how he translates the design to metal.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Pepperpete

Couldn't agree more. I have yet to see Hornet gear done right so it truly does look like a Hornet. The F-16 is on my project list and the F-18C (or D) is right behind it. Come on skymaster lets scale her up big time!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:53 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The size is what I've always wanted, now just need to sale everything I own to cover to cost of this project.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:08 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by David Jackson
The size is what I've always wanted, now just need to sale everything I own to cover to cost of this project.
Your like me with this and then the A-6 project im set for the next few years. Im down to one last jet I need to sale so im having to save up for sure, I need to link up with you guys soon. The Avanti will be done before x-mas and my F-14 is done just trying to get some decals changed before they ship.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Sterling McC.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if you guys are aware or not but Skymaster's website has some pictures of the new Bug up on their site now......I'll take a C in the Nasa scheme please!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Sterling McC.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops, should read the two place D version...
Old 12-01-2014, 08:46 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to this. I've wanted a big Hornet for a long time. I had a blast flying the tried and true smaller Hornets.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:01 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

My advice, stay away from Supa Hornee's......