Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Why there is only one company to offer the Black Friday sale ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Why there is only one company to offer the Black Friday sale ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 03:22 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Why there is only one company to offer the Black Friday sale ?

Hi to all jet pilots and retailers don't you guys think that should be more Black Friday sales offers from are beloved jet arf's and turbines deals?
Old 11-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

BVM and Dreamworks are running sales
Old 11-27-2014, 03:33 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

At least the should advertise on rcunivers to let all know.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

If one is a serious buyer, one is already watching their sites and already knows about any sales. Only window shoppers wait around here looking for deals!
Old 11-27-2014, 05:43 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chief Aircraft offers black Friday deals on an extensive line of Jet products!
Old 11-29-2014, 02:17 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Cool, going to order a k60, looks like chief is the best deal?
Old 11-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

BVM, Dreamworks, Horizon Hobby, Ultimate Jets, Comp-ARF, Chief Aircraft and i'm sure there are quite a few more companies that did do a Black Friday sale.

For them to advertise on here costs them money and time to post the ad and it really isn't worth it to them to have to use another site to advertise when they have there own sites to post the sales.

Sysiek,

You just have to go and look on the companies web sites to see if they have a sale going on.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:31 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't believe in Black Friday sales. Its a ridiculous way to loose money. Only large manufacturers with high volume stand to gain anything on these types of sales.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
I don't believe in Black Friday sales. Its a ridiculous way to loose money. Only large manufacturers with high volume stand to gain anything on these types of sales.
Ditto, as former LHS manager and partner; the model industry is not large enough for deep discounted sales unless you are looking to dump old or extra inventory unless you are the sole source manufacture or distributor with huge markup. I know for sure that only GP and HH are in that position for the most part on the RC side of the house A mistake happened with a team member getting stuff shipped to our shop for convince and they put in his invoice in with our next shipment. It was nice to see he was paying under five dollars for the RX we were paying fifty dollars for and a Map of seventy four dollars trying to make rent and payroll. It happens in the train side as well since I was shopping for some lionel switches this weekend and a former competitor. ( hardware / garden shop) of ours ( we closed our shop this summer ) is selling switches for less than what we were paying for them; I asked how could they do that? I was told they are the new local distiributor of lionel and get a much deeper discount than regular shops. Not nice to see an uneven playing field and no I didn't buy the switches I'll do without, than support a store that only carries trains during Christmas instead of the LHS.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:36 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

The big guys are really cracking down on the small shops. I know our LHS is getting heat on shipping costs, meeting quotas, etc from his distributors. Then you have a distributor like horizon have a 15% off sale on their website and undercut him.. Makes it hard to stay in business..