Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DH Venom/DHVampire

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DH Venom/DHVampire

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:59 PM
RDERC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DH Venom/DHVampire

Mick Reeves offers the Venom, and Tony Nijhuis the Vampire; both are 1/6 scale. I am trying to source the retracts, wheels, etc that would work for these. Anyone here built one these?Any info on specifics much appreciated.
Thanks,
Richard
Old 12-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Si_B

Get in contact with Paul at Kingfisher Aviation

[email protected]

Not started my Vampire yet, but I have the retracts etc. Quality is perfect and they are a drop in fit.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:49 PM
RDERC

Originally Posted by Si_B
Get in contact with Paul at Kingfisher Aviation

[email protected]

Not started my Vampire yet, but I have the retracts etc. Quality is perfect and they are a drop in fit.

I sent an inquiry to them[ per Tony N.] and received a" failure to deliver notice". Jim Reeves at Mick Reeves Models said these are about 700bps, plus shipping to USA. Are they indeed that pricey? What are the wheel dimensions[dia and thickness]?
Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RDERC
I sent an inquiry to them[ per Tony N.] and received a" failure to deliver notice". Jim Reeves at Mick Reeves Models said these are about 700bps, plus shipping to USA. Are they indeed that pricey? What are the wheel dimensions[dia and thickness]?
Price is about half that, see http://kingfisher-aviation.com/wp-co...or_website.pdf
I can thoroughly recommend Premier Retracts from Kingfisher, he made me custom retracts for my Mick Reeves Lightning to replace the M.R. units, and they are really well made for a reasonable price.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:10 AM
RDERC

Originally Posted by HarryC
Price is about half that, see http://kingfisher-aviation.com/wp-co...or_website.pdf
I can thoroughly recommend Premier Retracts from Kingfisher, he made me custom retracts for my Mick Reeves Lightning to replace the M.R. units, and they are really well made for a reasonable price.
Thanks, Harry. I went to their site, and, unless I'm reading this wrong, I see 2x82 bps for mains, 97 for steerable nose leg [don't know if this is trailing], 85 for trailing link nose leg, and 2x80 for main oleos [sport], or 2x125 [scale]. I presume Si_B's wheels came from Kingfisher as well, but they don't list sizes/prices at all [unless I didn't navigate their site properly]. I have e-mailed them twice, the first was failure to deliver, no reply on second.I also e-mailed Unitract, and no response from them. Jim at MRM said one of his Venom customers purchased retracts from HobbyKing. I don't know anything about these, where they're made, quality, etc.

Perhaps Si_B can weigh in with some specifics.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:57 AM
RDERC

Hi Si_B.I sent you a pm.
I'm still trying to get some specific info on these.
Thanks