Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

EVSD-5U-PRO Smart Valve .. Not so smart -- Help!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

EVSD-5U-PRO Smart Valve .. Not so smart -- Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 01:51 PM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVSD-5U-PRO Smart Valve .. Not so smart -- Help!!

Getting ready to go fly in the morning. Put a new gyro in my SM Mig-29.

Going through the systems, checking the gear. On the EVSD-5U-Pro Valve the Gear tank pressure is reading 0. There is 100 PSI In the tank.

Manual works fine and Brake air pressure reads fine.

But Reading 0 on the Gear Air Pressure failsafe mode is active and I cant raise the gear with the Radio. I tried setting the Failsafe pressure to 0 but it didn't work

Looks like the digital sensor went bad Any Ideas before I rip it out ??

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Steve,

Having followed the Cortex thread like you, I seem to remember another guy having a similar problem. Perhaps have a look thru there again.

Not perhaps due to the mode change you made on the receiver? maybe what took the jitters away with the Cortex has caused the Multi Valve to have it's own reaction?

Cheers,

Jan
Old 12-13-2014, 04:43 PM
melvin
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Steve I doubt if this will fix your problem but you could try going thru the reset procedure on the sequencer and worst case eliminate the gyro and put everything back the way you had it before you installed the gyro. I'm just guessing that it was working properly before the gyro install. These sequencer are kinda of a pain in the ass to set up especially when the instructions is in broken english, but once you get them set up PROPERLY they seem to work really well. Good luck and hope you get to fly in the a.m.

Last edited by melvin; 12-15-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:59 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve, I have had two of these valves. Both had this problem develop and were replaced by DreamWorks. I would never buy another unit.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:05 PM
stevekott

Thanks Guys,

Even carried the problem onto the bench. It cant really be related to the gyro I don't think.

Tony I think you have the experience. It dont know if Todd even sells these anymore. I yanked it and put in three Jetronics valves I pulled out of the 'boneyard' of deceased airplanes. Then I programmed the sequencing into the Tx.

Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Guys,

I have six of these valves (direct from Airpower) and I wish I could still buy them, truly the best I have ever used. If you want to donate yours to me, send me a PM and I will pay the postage.

Thanks,

Jan
Old 12-15-2014, 07:56 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Hi Steve,
Unfortunately, the factory that manufactured all of our Airpower electronic components and several machined components in Asia, burned down last year. We lost tooling for many items in our product lineup, the EV5U being one of them. I would be happy to replace the unit for you but inventory has dried up.
There is a simple way to make the unit function however. If you enter the failsafe programming menu and while on the failsafe pressure setting press both Inc/Dec buttons at the same time. Display will show two dashes for failsafe setting value, then exit the programming. The EV5U will now function via the TX but you have eliminated the failsafe feature.
Todd
Old 12-15-2014, 10:55 AM
GR7Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd,
Do you still sell the water trap that's used on our air pumps to keep moisture out of our air systems? I've heard that they can help avoid this sensor problem.

KennyMac
Old 12-15-2014, 11:00 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

It does indeed help Kenny. We just got a new style in stock, available in 1/8" or 4mm
See HERE
Old 12-15-2014, 11:14 AM
stevekott

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Hi Steve,
Unfortunately, the factory that manufactured all of our Airpower electronic components and several machined components in Asia, burned down last year. We lost tooling for many items in our product lineup, the EV5U being one of them. I would be happy to replace the unit for you but inventory has dried up.
There is a simple way to make the unit function however. If you enter the failsafe programming menu and while on the failsafe pressure setting press both Inc/Dec buttons at the same time. Display will show two dashes for failsafe setting value, then exit the programming. The EV5U will now function via the TX but you have eliminated the failsafe feature.
Todd

Thanks Todd, I'll give it a try tonight when I get home
Old 12-15-2014, 02:30 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
.... I seem to remember another guy having a similar problem. Perhaps have a look thru there again.

Not perhaps due to the mode change you made on the receiver? maybe what took the jitters away with the Cortex has caused the Multi Valve to have it's own reaction?

Cheers,

Jan
My problem was my transmitter was beeping dead while trying to hook up my gyro.

Once my tx charged up, everything was fine.

I have 4 of the EV5 units and I have put them through hell and back. Always, always, always run a moisture trap in your air system when using one of these bad boys.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:58 PM
EDFJim
My Feedback: (2)

I have had 2out of 3 valves pressure sensor fail also.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:28 PM
stevekott

Yes I tried bypassing the Fail Safe but I must have the earlier firmware. It might be a paperweight.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:53 AM
In the Haze

Yes also have the silver one, not the black anodised one. Worked fine for a few years and has done exactly what the OP says.................Cannot bypass the failsafe.

Was a great unit while it lasted.

Will let my Cape Town mates use it as a sinker to chum for Great Whites in false bay.....

Last edited by In the Haze; 12-17-2014 at 03:56 AM. Reason: spelling