Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster 1:3.75 Hawk & Hawk 100

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster 1:3.75 Hawk & Hawk 100

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 09:34 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster 1:3.75 Hawk & Hawk 100

http://www.skymasterjet.com/largebh.htm

Well figure a thread for this should be started. Looks like the same exact scale as the skygate (Begining to wonder if they popped a mold off the skygate...) Anyway what I will be interested in is how they do the gear, in fact if they can come with a way to do the gear without the fibergrlass fairings and make the gear backward compatible with the skygate that would be very interesting indeed!

Another interesting thing will be the weight, both skygate (carf) and skymaster now use airex; so lets compare apples to apples and see what they come up.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:06 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They've been working on it since 2005! (It says that on the web page 😄 ). Really looking forward to a close look at this one. Between this and the big A-6, decisions, decisions...

Last edited by patrnflyr; 12-23-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:36 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I am waiting to see the pricing also. I want a hawk 100.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:40 AM
DiscoWings

Hawk 100 painted in this scheme: http://www.skymasterjet.com/image7/102.jpg would be just perfect for me.
Lets hope it will be under $9,000.00 shipped.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:07 PM
jws_aces

Disco.. I hope so!!! more like 8k gear and airframe. I want the Saudi scheme
Old 01-16-2015, 06:00 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't know this thread existed. Here's a copy & paste from a separate thread I started:see they've posted more info on their site. I've wanted a large Hawk for some time & plan on purchasing this one. It will be my 1st really large jet. Does anyone know, or care to guess why it is approx 6 inches shorter than the Skygate/carf, yet the wings are 6" larger?
Just measured my minivan, it looks like I can fit the 127" 100 in there if I can finnegal the nose between the seats & to the windshield.
Thanks, Jay
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 PM
MNModels

Jay,

The fuselage will split just aft the main wings just like F104 for easy transport. It will take a minute to connect rear section.... My guess is that it will be ready by end of year....

Rgds
Old 01-16-2015, 08:25 PM
BlueBus320

Thank you, I will be watching closely
Old 01-17-2015, 01:02 AM
DiscoWings

Some issues I hope skymaster solves that are present in the skygate;

1, no built in by pass
2, no top access for turbine (without modification)
3, Gear shell, I would rather have scale gear all made of metal that have to fool with fiberglass
4, Have built in speed brake that doesn't require aftermarket install.
5, Built in Opening canopy
6, Factory upgrade options for a parachute
7, Have factory light kit install option
8, Scale complete cockpit, pre painted and ready to go.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:23 AM
MNModels

Discowings,

You just made a standard list of stuff Skymaster do. The price will be better and with fully metal cnc LG.

Skymaster jets are either a bit smaller or larger than others in the market. Skymaster do not need to copy others...others follow Skymaster.

I have to defend Skygate Hawk as it was designed and build to compete in WJM requiring all up weight under 20KG. Hence the fibreglass LG and no ducting... It is much lighter than the Skymaster hawk. But then again a hawk this size at 20kg is unrealistic. It floats like a glider and do not look realistic on landings.... add more weight and it is very realistic model...

Regards
Old 01-17-2015, 06:16 AM
jws_aces

Originally Posted by MNModels
Discowings,

You just made a standard list of stuff Skymaster do. The price will be better and with fully metal cnc LG.

Skymaster jets are either a bit smaller or larger than others in the market. Skymaster do not need to copy others...others follow Skymaster.

I have to defend Skygate Hawk as it was designed and build to compete in WJM requiring all up weight under 20KG. Hence the fibreglass LG and no ducting... It is much lighter than the Skymaster hawk. But then again a hawk this size at 20kg is unrealistic. It floats like a glider and do not look realistic on landings.... add more weight and it is very realistic model...

Regards
I am hoping for a lot of the extras to be like Disco is asking for. As for the Skygate I have to say I love my "floater"...I have to disagree with the non scale flight statement. If you have one and flown it you are indeed entitled to your opinion but mine is set up properly with the right power and restriction to the intakes and it flies very scale. I am sorry that you are not here in the states to see it but if you did you would reconsider that statement.

I hear this statement all the time. It is not always true.

I hope that Aton can keep his hawk around the same dry weight with a bypass system.

The skygate doesn't require any more weight to fly faster and land hotter. All you need to do is either build the bypass or make the restrictions to the intake. The intakes allow too much air inside the fuse and that makes a ton of drag.

I had mine restricted too much the first time and couldn't slow it down much on landings. I could easily break 200 mph on my on board telemetry with my k210g. The way I have it set up now it will average 170mph during the flight.

On the Skygate if you want it land hotter to look more scale just don't set the full flaps down as far or land with half flaps.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:04 AM
DiscoWings

With the Euro hovering at 1.15 / usd, a tomahawk kit with everything delivered is 8k... man...So many hawk choices!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:55 AM
BlueBus320

That'd be really cool if you have the time to build & paint!
Anyone know if the real 100 has an afterburner?