Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jets over kentucky 2014 dvd shipping today

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jets over kentucky 2014 dvd shipping today

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 04:25 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Jets over kentucky 2014 dvd shipping today

The 2014 DVD's are shipping today. Pre-ordered DVD's should arrive this week. Thanks for your patience with the delivery schedule, and we hope everyone enjoys the show. 2014 was our best show ever, so pick yours up today. This DVD features some of the best pilots and airplanes in the world. Get yours today. If you haven't ordered yet, go to rcken.com to place your order. Again, we apologize for the delay, and hope you enjoy "The World's Grandest Jet Event."

The 2015 Event Thread will post This week. Registrations and other event information will be available this week.

Thanks,
Lewis

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (24).JPG
Views:	155
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	2063609  

Last edited by jeteye; 01-13-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Lewis I went to Ken’s site to see how much the 2014 DVD would be...it seems that he has not update that yet, still shows the 2013 DVD as the only one available...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rc ken.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	2063762  
Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 AM
jeteye

Hi Rich, That page will be available later today.

Lewis
Old 01-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Scott Douglas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this available in non-US formats or do I need a multi region player? (checking to see if my home theatre would play it!)
Old 01-14-2015, 11:32 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

All I have to say is that P. Richards has pretty much already did this for free on his YouTube channel with over 96 minutes of video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryj28g-9rXc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDITASjS8DU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwC98cZTjT8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mKDoo8WkHE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByEtm-tdy8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OidtGwzE5SA Having purcahsed dvds before its as good as any of the paid ones, I'm surprised he hasn't changed is channel to a paid youtube channel.

Last edited by DiscoWings; 01-14-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Yo D... Why do you feel it necessary to crap on everyone's thread. P.Richard makes awesome videos... everyone knows that already. I prefer his stuff too but I'm not posting on a thread that has no reference to him. Lewis is trying to provide info, not a debate. You are a hard guy to like. #nofilter
Old 01-14-2015, 04:26 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm going to order one blueray just hoping the picture album it's much better than last 2013 with all the color boxes and funny cuts little ,,claustrophobic,, getting little dizzy watching
Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 PM
jeteye

Default Order Page Now Open

The order page is now open. Click on this link to order the "Worlds Grandest Jet Event."
http://rcken.com/jok2014.html

Celebrating it's 10th anniversary, Jets Over Kentucky has become the premier RC Jet event in the US. And this year definitely did not disappoint. Even with a bit of bit of bad weather for the first couple of days that kept most of the planes on the ground, the event still logged over 2,500 flights for the week. This event draws the RC jet pilots from all aspects of the hobby ranging from the top pros all the way down to those just getting started in the hobby, and all are equally welcome here at the event. The event is organized by Lewis Patton and he has worked hard to develop the event to where it is now.RCKen Publications was on location again this year to bring the flying action to those not able to attend the event, or to those that would like to have a DVD to remember the event. We try to capture as much of the flying action as we can, as well as the other things going at the event that makes an event such as Jets Over Kentucky such as special event. We have also produced a picture slideshow DVD that was produced from still pictures taken at the event. This show runs for 116 minutes and contains well over 1,000 pictures that were taken at the the event. We tried to capture the "feel" and "flavor" of the event and bring it home to you. This includes not only pictures and videos of the planes in the air, but also the pit areas, the tents, the "opps" moments, noon shows, awards dinner, and all the other things that make Jets Over Kentucky one of the greatest RC events in the US.
When you purchase the picture DVD we also grant you the rights to download pictures from our website for your own personal use. We realize that many people like to print out the pictures of these planes, and we give you that ability with your purchase of the picture slideshow DVD. Each DVD product is priced at $23, or both can be purchased for $40. See below to purchase your copies of Jets Over Kentucky video and slideshow DVD's

Thanks,
Lewis

Last edited by jeteye; 01-14-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:35 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Disco, I placed these videos on YouTube, for my personal enjoyment, and to reflect on my travels each year. I also wanted to help Lewis promote his event and to give prospective pilots an opportunity to experience some of the action from Jets Over Kentucky. The same thing that I do for Joe at Best in The West. I support RcKen and his efforts, and I hope that they get things sorted out.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam

Last edited by P. Richards; 01-15-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeteye

The 2015 Event Thread will post This week. Registrations and other event information will be available this week.

Thanks,
Lewis

Lewis,

Looking forward to registering and even more to attending.......

Bill
Old 01-18-2015, 04:47 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any word on the password and user info for the pictures? I have the disc with the info but will not work.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 04:30 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
Any word on the password and user info for the pictures? I have the disc with the info but will not work.

Thanks
Mine doesn't work either...please provide update Ken!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 AM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I received my pre paid Jets Over Kentucky 2014 dvd in the mail yesterday and I must say that I am very disappointed in it. My 1/4 scale Panther flight shows up on the first disc with the camera taped to the canopy but apparently I am Bob Klenke from Rickmond Va. Two things were correct in the description. It is scratch built and it is from Ziroli plans. It is not blown up 100%. It does not have an 80"wing span. It is not 32 # wet. It does not have Century Jet retracts. It does not have Glennis wheels. It is not powered by a Jet Cat P 180. It does not have PPG automotive paint. I don't get it. Prior to that flight RC Bob interviewed me on camera and asked all about the airplane. For anyone besides me that cares the airplane is

Built and flown by
Joe Felonk
Willow Springs Il.
Scratch built Ziroli F9F Panther Blown up to 1/4 scale
116" wing span
All up weight in the 60s
Robart B 25 Retracts
Robart wheels and brakes
King Tech K-170 for power
Latex paint

I continued to watch the whole dvd to see if he mixed up the info with another Panther. On disc two another Panther flight shows up but the description says it is a Shockwave or something. Well it looks like the ball got dropped for some of the Panther pilots on the dvd. Maybe the 2015 dvd will have it correct.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:01 AM
jofunk

One other note. For a video that is supposed to be celebrating the 10th year of JOK, I thing putting Rogers Shipleys A 10 flight with the unfortunate landing accident, as the first showcase flight, a poor choice. We all know that all of our planes are going to crash some day,and OOPS videos are fun to watch (as long as they are not of your aircraft} But I felt this set the tone for the production as an OOPS video. Im sure this flight was put first as a teaser. Whatever the average is of successful flights to mishaps, that should have determined the place in the video for the one flight that shows a mishap. What I am saying is that Rogers Flight, if it is going to show the mishap, should have been somewhere in the body of the video………At least Rogers info was correct.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:35 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Waiting for one.

Last edited by sysiek; 01-21-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:21 PM
smchale

Lewis/Ken,
any progress resolving the access issue to the online photo album? Please provide a response to this, rather than me trying everyday until it works...I assume Lewis you will also need this so you can post to the 2015 JOK thread as in the past?
thanks!!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:05 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jofunk
I received my pre paid Jets Over Kentucky 2014 dvd in the mail yesterday and I must say that I am very disappointed in it. My 1/4 scale Panther flight shows up on the first disc with the camera taped to the canopy but apparently I am Bob Klenke from Rickmond Va. Two things were correct in the description. It is scratch built and it is from Ziroli plans. It is not blown up 100%. It does not have an 80"wing span. It is not 32 # wet. It does not have Century Jet retracts. It does not have Glennis wheels. It is not powered by a Jet Cat P 180. It does not have PPG automotive paint. I don't get it. Prior to that flight RC Bob interviewed me on camera and asked all about the airplane. For anyone besides me that cares the airplane is

Built and flown by
Joe Felonk
Willow Springs Il.
Scratch built Ziroli F9F Panther Blown up to 1/4 scale
116" wing span
All up weight in the 60s
Robart B 25 Retracts
Robart wheels and brakes
King Tech K-170 for power
Latex paint

I continued to watch the whole dvd to see if he mixed up the info with another Panther. On disc two another Panther flight shows up but the description says it is a Shockwave or something. Well it looks like the ball got dropped for some of the Panther pilots on the dvd. Maybe the 2015 dvd will have it correct.
Joe,

All of that info. is correct for my Panther! I guess he got the two mixed up!

Was the Panther on disk two in Blue Angles colors and did it have an opening canopy? If so, then THAT one was mine.

Too bad about the mix-up. I *really* enjoyed seeing your *big* Panther fly, you do a great job with it!

Bob Klenke (from Richmond, VA )

ps. one would have hoped that with the video being this late, at least it would have been correct...
Old 01-21-2015, 05:26 PM
jofunk

Hi Bob,

I didn't know I was you. How are things going? I can't check now I gave the video away. The Panther on disc two was glossy dark blue but I don't think it had the gold US NAVY on the side. Post a picture of yours. Preferably flying through the air or sitting on the ground at JOK 2014 to keep with the thread theme.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:32 PM
jeteye

Just sent a message to Ken. Hopefully the issue will be resolved very soon.

Lewis

Originally Posted by smchale
Lewis/Ken,
any progress resolving the access issue to the online photo album? Please provide a response to this, rather than me trying everyday until it works...I assume Lewis you will also need this so you can post to the 2015 JOK thread as in the past?
thanks!!
Old 01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
jeteye

Default Solution To The Problem

Ken sent a solution to me today for the problem...

Thanks,
Lewis

"For anybody that has purchased a slideshow dvd already they will need to add a number "2" to the beginning of the username when they log into the picture download site. So if the username I gave them was "1001" they will need to log in with "21001". Any picture slideshows that sell after this point will be fixed with this issue. sorry about the mistake."
Old 01-22-2015, 01:38 PM
smchale

Did that work for you Lewis? Still doesn't work for me.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:45 PM
smchale

Lewis, I just tried my username and PW from my 2013 set and while it did log me in, there are actually NO folders or files visible!
Can you please kindly ask Ken to PM me with what my username and PW should be, I can't see either 2013 or 2014 photos, and have purchased access to both. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:56 PM
jeteye

Will do.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:51 PM
jeteye

Sean, Sent you a PM...Lewis

Originally Posted by smchale
Lewis, I just tried my username and PW from my 2013 set and while it did log me in, there are actually NO folders or files visible!
Can you please kindly ask Ken to PM me with what my username and PW should be, I can't see either 2013 or 2014 photos, and have purchased access to both. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:51 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I give up trying to get in..Maybe it will be easier next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.