Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Spell check on rc universe

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Spell check on rc universe

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:35 PM
melvin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spell check on rc universe

I was just wondering if it would be possible for RC UNIVERSE to incorporate spell check for people that post on rc universe. It sure would make it easier to try and understand what people are trying to communicate to readers. What do you think ?
Old 01-15-2015, 04:14 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

.....maybe a grammar check too.....
Old 01-15-2015, 05:45 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
.....maybe a grammar check too.....
AMEN!! There are many posters who have English as their first language and you can't even understand what they're saying (not that I'm perfect). Sometimes, what your mind is thinking doesn't translate to the threads very well.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about truth detector ??
Old 01-15-2015, 06:56 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not sure where exactly it originates from, but on all of my computers there is a "built in" spell check that runs in any screen that I am typing in. You might already have a spell check in your computer that is just waiting to be turned on. Unfortunately this built in one does not have grammer or truth checking features.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:59 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

the commpputer wone does not worrk sea..LOL!!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:44 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Spell check is almost useless these days. People spell so poorly now that spell check doesn't even pick the correct word all the time so you're left with a sentence of random words. At least those words would be correct!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:37 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
the commpputer wone does not worrk sea..LOL!!
I don't understand, it works on my browser when when making posts, it will underline the misspellings, you might have to give it a few moments to work though.
I'm using Firefox

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2063968  
Old 01-15-2015, 01:48 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
AMEN!! There are many posters who have English as their first language and you can't even understand what they're saying (not that I'm perfect). Sometimes, what your mind is thinking doesn't translate to the threads very well.
Is there even a checker for such a thing for people who don't even know their own language? I kinda like the way it is already. Adds a little fun and excitement trying to understand what some people are trying to communicate to others, especially when they're pissed about something.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:21 PM
loopdeeloop
My Feedback: (4)

Everyone makes these errors -- some more than others. Some realize it and others do not because they simply cannot spell or cannot construct a meaningful sentence. Using text/twitter/facebook shortcuts such as "u" for "you" "r" for "are" and the list goes on, is annoying but a fact of life these days. Equally annoying is the word "like" when it spills out every third word from the mouth of young folks that should have a better command of the English language. How sad it is when one hands a high school graduate a card and said graduate has to have Mom or Dad read it because the enclosed note is in cursive. Yikes! Sad but true! Printing a note takes forever vs using cursive yet our school systems seem to be disinterested in this situation. One not need be a literary genius to communicate using the written (printed) word, but at least think a bit before tickling the keyboard. Remember the :who, what, why where and when" from your English composition classes! Dang -- i's hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way!
Old 01-15-2015, 02:54 PM
melvin

Truth detectors aren't built into computers!! They are installed into people by there manufacturers-- the parents!! Sad to see how some young people are being raised without any parental control.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:23 PM
j.duncker

If you use the advanced editor and Chrome you should certainly get spell checked as you complete each word and leave a space. Words that the checker will be underlined with a wiggly red line.

Right click and you should be offered a list of possible words spelled correctly.

Annoyingly it can go walkabout at times.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:34 PM
jws_aces

Rich

My office computer will not correct buy my home will. I guess it depends on what version of Explorer or if you are using a different browser.

Jeff
Old 01-15-2015, 06:17 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
Rich

My office computer will not correct " buy" my home will. I guess it depends on what version of Explorer or if you are using a different browser.

Jeff
It won't detect correctly spelled "wrong words" either....LOL
Couldn't resist
Old 01-15-2015, 06:19 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
Is there even a checker for such a thing for people who don't even know their own language? I kinda like the way it is already. Adds a little fun and excitement trying to understand what some people are trying to communicate to others, especially when they're pissed about something.
I especially got a kick out of the person who had a 300 word long single sentence! That was really fun trying to interpret. Oh well, let's all get off the high horse. Each of us has posted something stupid and doesn't make sense at one time or another.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:24 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

This will help me for sure ,you know Chicago public schools
Old 01-15-2015, 06:25 PM
jws_aces

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
It won't detect correctly spelled "wrong words" either....LOL
Couldn't resist
Dude that is so funny

Good catch. You are better than Microsoft...
Old 01-15-2015, 08:32 PM
roger.alli

Correct use of the apostrophe is what gets me… It means;
Knowing your Sh*t, or;
knowing you’re Sh*t.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:17 AM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Cool

My native languish is Swedish and I have learnt English in school. Spelling was never one of my best subjects in neither languish. When I wright something on RC UniverseI do my best to check the spelling and grammar but I am sure that I get things wrong every now and then. I hope that you can accept that all of us with other origin than English spoken countries sometimes spell a little funny and express ourselves a little bit awkward. Otherwise I am afraid that you have to restrict this community to people who has English as their native languish.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:20 AM
melvin

Thats exactly why it would be nice to have spell check!! To help all people of different languages.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Muttdog

Firefox does it automatically. Please don't forget it is a free country and you don't have to read the posts. I just don't understand why we look for reasons to attack each other on these forums. This wouldn't happen in person (would it?). If this were a spelling bee forum or grammar forum then ok but this is a model forum and we all make mistakes so let's step off the high horse and deal with it. If you can't read it, delete it and move on.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Jannica
My native languish is Swedish and I have learnt English in school. Spelling was never one of my best subjects in neither languish. When I wright something on RC UniverseI do my best to check the spelling and grammar but I am sure that I get things wrong every now and then. I hope that you can accept that all of us with other origin than English spoken countries sometimes spell a little funny and express ourselves a little bit awkward. Otherwise I am afraid that you have to restrict this community to people who has English as their native languish.
It is not the people like you that use English as a second language..........It is the ones that English is their only language but still can't use it correctly..........Sorry, I'm one also.......Wish I could use another language as well as you use English as your second..............LOL
Old 01-16-2015, 02:31 PM
j.duncker

The mods will jump on anybody who makes fun of another's spelling or grammar. { Including mine ! }
Old 01-16-2015, 02:47 PM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

I used to fret about they guys who write there rather than their or they're, breaks rather than brakes, etc.

Then I decided to get over it and save my worrying for something that matters. If I misspeal something mysef... Oh well. No one's gonna die from it.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:08 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by melvin
I was just wondering if it would be possible for RC UNIVERSE to incorporate spell check for people that post on rc universe. It sure would make it easier to try and understand what people are trying to communicate to readers. What do you think ?
Spell check? Grammar check? Why not start with eliminating "try and"? It's "try to".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.