Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x information

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x information

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Edbaker
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a way to do it but I don't know how off the top of my head. If nobody pipes in I'll see if I can figure it out
Old 09-10-2017, 05:11 PM
deadrobmusic
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks,
I have spent hours trying to figure it out. I thought I might be able to do it with Flight Modes, but I couldn't make it work.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:20 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deadrobmusic
Anybody out there?

I have my timer set to turn on and off via the throttle stick. I have it set to give me periodic beeps as it counts down through the minutes.

Unfortunately it beeps every time I kill the throttle and then again when I advance the throttle up again.

Is there anyway around this so that I can here the timer countdown beeps but no the on off switch beeps? VERY Annoying.
i personally don't know or have ever heard of a way to turn off the beep. but i wish they would have had a count down voice in it.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Anybody out there?

I have my timer set to turn on and off via the throttle stick. I have it set to give me periodic beeps as it counts down through the minutes.

Unfortunately it beeps every time I kill the throttle and then again when I advance the throttle up again.

Is there anyway around this so that I can here the timer countdown beeps but no the on off switch beeps? VERY Annoying.
If you set a count down and have the throttle start it as a trigger it will beep every 1 minute counting down, but not when you do anything with the throttle stick. Am I missing something?

Dave
Old 09-11-2017, 06:02 AM
deadrobmusic

Thanks for your help Dave. Yes you are missing something. I want the timer to turn on when I advance, AND turn off when I bring back to idle. Every radio I have used for 20 years does that. I am VERY used to it.

Of course this radio does it too, but it also makes that on and off beep every time.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:08 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

It's a warning, so I don't think it can be turned off. I have only ever used a switch to activate the timer, one hit.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:11 AM
deadrobmusic

Thanks Dave. I think a lot of people are like you. But I got used to this way. I am going to forget to turn the timer on for sure. I am 50 now and my mind ain't what it used to be. Plus, I have always be the impulsive type that is not that great at following a set routine regardless of distraction.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my timer set to "trigger" with "gear up" no need to remember, also I use Trigger so that when I put the gear down the timer is still running until I reset it or turn tx off.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Anybody out there?

Use a trigger mix to turn the timer on.. It will start the timer only the 1st time you advance the throttle to max.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:50 PM
F4dar
My Feedback: (55)

Default Considering a 28X

Hi Everyone,
looks like not much is happening on 28X, can anyone post your typical jet setup with JR28X, RX, Xbus, etc for like a typical F15/F18 setup. I am considering upgrading from 12X like to see what would a typical setup be like, I have a classic flash and SM F4 and F15.
tx
jason
Old 09-16-2017, 04:20 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Setup for F-15 as example
JR 28X
712BX Receiver
2-port XBus converter for each wing (1 aileron, 1 flap)
2-port XBus converter for each side of the tail (1 elevator, 1 rudder)
4-port XBus converter for other functions (1 nosewheel, 1 retract valve, 1 brake, 1 speed brake)
4 port XBus converter for engines (1 port for each engine throttle, 1 port for each engine start/stop channel).
1 XBus central hub to connect everything to the receiver. This has inputs for all the converters and batteries/switches.

Keep in mind, if you're running XBus native servos, you can get rid of all of the converters except for the ones connecting to the engine/ECU functions.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:49 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F4dar
Hi Everyone,
looks like not much is happening on 28X, can anyone post your typical jet setup with JR28X, RX, Xbus, etc for like a typical F15/F18 setup. I am considering upgrading from 12X like to see what would a typical setup be like, I have a classic flash and SM F4 and F15.
tx
jason
Jason, i'll PM you my number. give me a call anytime ,ron
Old 11-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Vteckz

Default JR 28X Trouble :(

Hi Guys,I've just been stung real bad ..So I purchased a 28X from a guy in Australia (Second hand) who said the radio was in good condition.. when it finally arrived however this was not the case.
The top left 3 way toggle switch was completely broken, and the aerial was also broken off in 3 places.Initially the radio powered on , however it was getting channel interference all over the place from the broken switch (I could hear it beeping when I gave the radio a shake ) probably from the broken switch.Eventually the touch screen interfaces hung completely, so I pulled the pack in an attempt to reset, and now its completely dead. it will not turn on at all , and I'm stuck with a $2K brick door stop Of course the seller is adamant it was in good condition when he shipped... no surprises there.I've contacted JR Americas service centre , however haven't had a response. I see that Horizon no longer offer repair for JR either , so now I'm stumped as to where I can send this unit. I'm happy to pay for the repair.Does anyone have any ideas??Second question.. Does anyone know if this radio has a fuse on-board? What should the voltage of the on-board CR2302 be?Has anyone with any technical knowledge opened one of these up and can tell me some of the things to check please? I fear I will not be likely able to get any repair services from where I am.Any help much appreciated.Cheers
Old 11-07-2017, 11:00 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

JR america's does servicing. There are some stipulations that the item in need of service be bought from certain vendors (i.e. NOT hobby king or JR japan e.g.)

Service Center :: JR Americas

Good Luck.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:05 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Doubt JR America's is the place for you to send it. Off their website: JR Americas does not offer repairs on items that were purchased from a non-authorized JR Americas Retailer. This includes both warranty and non-warranty repairs. JR Americas distribution territory includes North America, South America and the Caribbean.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:04 PM
ECalderon

Since you are from New Zeland, I suggest you ask some of the australian JR dealers if there is a service shop in Australia.
Regards
Old 11-07-2017, 02:31 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact the good people at Airsail Home Page - JR Airsail

Airsail has been the New Zealand distributor of JR products for a long long time. I'm sure they can help you out..

Do you fly jets in NZ?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:01 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Vteckz
Hi Guys,I've just been stung real bad ..So I purchased a 28X from a guy in Australia (Second hand) who said the radio was in good condition.. when it finally arrived however this was not the case.
The top left 3 way toggle switch was completely broken, and the aerial was also broken off in 3 places.Initially the radio powered on , however it was getting channel interference all over the place from the broken switch (I could hear it beeping when I gave the radio a shake ) probably from the broken switch.Eventually the touch screen interfaces hung completely, so I pulled the pack in an attempt to reset, and now its completely dead. it will not turn on at all , and I'm stuck with a $2K brick door stop Of course the seller is adamant it was in good condition when he shipped... no surprises there.I've contacted JR Americas service centre , however haven't had a response. I see that Horizon no longer offer repair for JR either , so now I'm stumped as to where I can send this unit. I'm happy to pay for the repair.Does anyone have any ideas??Second question.. Does anyone know if this radio has a fuse on-board? What should the voltage of the on-board CR2302 be?Has anyone with any technical knowledge opened one of these up and can tell me some of the things to check please? I fear I will not be likely able to get any repair services from where I am.Any help much appreciated.Cheers
I broke the left switch on my 28x, took it to Macgregor in UK, our JR importer, they simply sold me a user installable replacement, packed complete with instructions. Just a few pounds and a few minutes to install.

If its just the aerial that is broken just unscrew and replace, it does not have the cable of some aerials.

If if your Tx is dead, reinstall the battery, ensure you reconnect the temperature connector , and charge, using ONLY the supplied JR charger for the 28x.

I don't know if it has a fuse as does the 12x.

The 28x is a superb radio, so good luck with your repair.

David G.