Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x information

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x information

Old 03-25-2015, 09:40 AM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure why JR would design and allow operating temps that high on critical components. we all know heat kills components life span faster then anything. id be afraid of using that here in a florida summer.

Originally Posted by jetpilot

the only thing hot is the RG031BX. everything else is cool.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:44 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

HI Jeff,
thanks for verifying!
I swapped out receivers with same result. tried different servos, etc.
I feel better with you double checking
thanks
Scott
Old 03-25-2015, 09:54 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Originally Posted by jetpilot
HI Jeff,
thanks for verifying!
I swapped out receivers with same result. tried different servos, etc.
I feel better with you double checking
thanks
Scott
Transmitters create heat. many small wattage video transmitters even have a fan.
While you might not think it is a transmitter..... it is. it is actually called a transceiver. the Telemetry functions and the transmitter back to the TX are built into every JR DMSS RX. unlike others that use a separate module.
Even the FCC filings for the JR DMSS RX's list them as transceivers.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Ace913
My Feedback: (104)

Absolutely, I love JR equipment but I also use Futuba and others. The Futaba R7008 and R7003 (also transceivers) also draw a quiescent current (no loads attached.. sensors etc.) of approximately 200ma. A interesting point of note, the older receivers without telemetry (without transmitter and therefore not a transceiver) also draw around 200ma - evolution and efficiency improvements in electronics.

Jeff
Old 03-25-2015, 04:32 PM
flyoz
My Feedback: (7)

What a waste of time and money.
First JR leave their customers waiting for 2.4 then hang their customers out to dry with no DSM etc compatibility, then come up with an old tek alumin case, no voice capability, just some cheesy and useless flight graphics. They are so far behind the cheapies like FRSky its sad.
I bought JR for the quality etc 10 yers ago and have not felt my loyalty at all rewarded, in fact the opposite.
one lost customer.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:51 PM
Ace913
My Feedback: (104)

Sorry to hear that. But (litany of cliche responses) "To each there own" and "Opinions are like @$$#)!#$, everybody has one" Now the serious response, like I mentioned in earlier posts, I'm brand agnostic, I have and use most of the top line radios by Futaba, Skektrum, Jeti, JR and Graupner. I find the 28X to be an awesome hardware platform and has resolution and precision well beyond anything else on the market.. overkill? We'll see. But of course that kind of resolution probably wouldn't be noticeable to somebody who's happy with the lower end "Cheapie" transmitters and flying $200 foamies. Not to sound like a snob, I fly foamies sometimes too. Bottom line, I think the hardware is revolutionary. As for backwards compatibility, sometimes it has to be sacrificed to make revolutionary advancements in a technology... which is what I believe JR has done with this Radio. As for the software, that will be an evolutionary process. It's pretty nice already, I'm sure that they'll beef up the weak points in good time.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:31 PM
warbird_1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flyoz
First JR leave their customers waiting for 2.4 then hang their customers out to dry with no DSM etc compatibility, then come up with an old tek alumin case, no voice capability, just some cheesy and useless flight graphics. They are so far behind the cheapies like FRSky its sad.
I bought JR for the quality etc 10 yers ago and have not felt my loyalty at all rewarded, in fact the opposite.
one lost customer.
i voiced the same opinion to JR. they should have had an exit strategy agreement with spektrum . I had a perfect condition 12x that i was forced to sell because i couldn't get JR DSMX receivers. I refuse to run any spektrum receivers in anything i fly , period ..
It was a good thing in the end.. i jumped into the new DMSS platform and i think it's going to workout great. though dropping 2,700 on a r/c radio was no my first choice , i think it will be worth in it the end. i know spektrum has some bells and whistles like a in depth voice system they lack more important things that JR makes up for like non shared channels and xbus. I'm a JR guy and probably will be for a long time. WB_1
Old 03-25-2015, 05:46 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flyoz
one lost customer.
Why would a manufacturer want to set their equipment up to be compatible with a competitors equipment? That makes no sense.

It's about time JR have their own system. I have always used JR and always will as I have never had a failure with JR equipment at all in 18 years. The only 2 failures I've had was with other brands. I'm 100% JR and I'll gladly pay for that kind of reliability.

It's amazing how many complain about prices of upper brand names just because they are brand names. At the end of the day, everyone has a choice.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:00 PM
warbird_1

Getting back to the 28X info...... Does anyone have any info/help on how to setup voice alerts on the 28? i've tried everything i thought of ....
Old 03-26-2015, 05:25 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warbird_1
i voiced the same opinion to JR. they should have had an exit strategy agreement with spektrum . I had a perfect condition 12x that i was forced to sell because i couldn't get JR DSMX receivers. I refuse to run any spektrum receivers in anything i fly , period ..
It was a good thing in the end.. i jumped into the new DMSS platform and i think it's going to workout great. though dropping 2,700 on a r/c radio was no my first choice , i think it will be worth in it the end. i know spektrum has some bells and whistles like a in depth voice system they lack more important things that JR makes up for like non shared channels and xbus. I'm a JR guy and probably will be for a long time. WB_1
I must have my head in the sand, so what makes you say that about Spektrum receivers.
Rcpete
Old 03-26-2015, 05:44 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using Spektrum receivers with my JR transmitter. So i have quite a combination of Spektrum and JR receivers.
While the Spektrum receivers work fine with the JR transmitter. How about a JR receiver working with a Spektrum transmitter? May seem like a silly question but stranger things have happened.......
Steve
Hellcat Brotherhood #1
P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #5
​Glow Head Brotherhood #17
Spitfire Brotherhood #144
Full size airplanes are real, our models are too.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:56 PM
spike5150

Default Battery Drain Issue

I got my 28x just before leaving for a week's vacation. I fully charged it when I got it, then played around with it some for programming, etc. Battery was nowhere near depleted. Just turned it on again after about 8 days of being powered off. It started beeping immediately and booted up far enough to say battery was critically low. Has anyone else experienced this kind of battery drain?

Jeremy
Old 03-26-2015, 07:41 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got back from the not so local LHS and they had quite a few 28x's in stock. He pulled out the demo model, but then we couldn't get it to turn on at all.... he suggested it might have a flat battery. can't have been sitting on the shelf for that long, and no models would have been setup with it so????

Anyways, quite surprised just how heavy it was!! I'd guess that it's weight would have been about x2 to x3 times the weight of the XG14. I really like the nice and lightweight feel of the XG14...

Thanks
Old 03-27-2015, 02:51 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xcfhh
Five home screens and telemetry widgets, looks cool... Will it be delivered in February though???

Its March now
Old 03-27-2015, 05:04 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by spike5150
I got my 28x just before leaving for a week's vacation. I fully charged it when I got it, then played around with it some for programming, etc. Battery was nowhere near depleted. Just turned it on again after about 8 days of being powered off. It started beeping immediately and booted up far enough to say battery was critically low. Has anyone else experienced this kind of battery drain?

Jeremy
no battery issues here. but i haven't let mine sit that long. when i got mine it had a decent charge in it and i used it a little before i opted to put a good charge in it. i had the same issue with a brand new DX6 with the li-po battery upgrade. On a side note... i get pretty good time on my battery . i'm setting up my bron corsair and i've had it on a lot. i think i've charged like 3 times so far.

Last edited by warbird_1; 03-27-2015 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:07 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by rcpete347
I have been using Spektrum receivers with my JR transmitter. So i have quite a combination of Spektrum and JR receivers.
While the Spektrum receivers work fine with the JR transmitter. How about a JR receiver working with a Spektrum transmitter? May seem like a silly question but stranger things have happened.......
Steve
Hellcat Brotherhood #1
P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #5
​Glow Head Brotherhood #17
Spitfire Brotherhood #144
Full size airplanes are real, our models are too.

pete , we've been using Spek receivers with JR for years and vice versa . As far a spek receivers go. For me i choose not to use them. That's why i went DMSS. it's all in what works for you and personal preference.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:16 AM
drac1

Originally Posted by ticketec
I just got back from the not so local LHS and they had quite a few 28x's in stock. He pulled out the demo model, but then we couldn't get it to turn on at all.... he suggested it might have a flat battery. can't have been sitting on the shelf for that long, and no models would have been setup with it so????

Anyways, quite surprised just how heavy it was!! I'd guess that it's weight would have been about x2 to x3 times the weight of the XG14. I really like the nice and lightweight feel of the XG14...

Thanks
My 28X weighs 1288 grams and my 12X weighs 1029 grams. I like my Tx's to have a heavy feel.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:57 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drac1
My 28X weighs 1288 grams and my 12X weighs 1029 grams. I like my Tx's to have a heavy feel.
yeah don't understand that.. I know a guy who bought a XG14 and then sold it straight away because he said it was too light?? People think weight=worth... It's aviation, not gold! Weight is the enemy of aviation. I wonder of people buy old iPads becuase they weigh more than the new ones?

anyways, it's a heavy radio. Rant over.

thanks

dave

Last edited by ticketec; 03-27-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:03 AM
drac1

yeah don't understand that.. I know a guy who bought a XG14 and then sold it straight away because he said it was too light?? People think weight=worth... It's aviation, not gold! Weight is the enemy of aviation.

Nothing to do with weight = worth. It's personal preference.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:22 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Plastic is light. Aluminum is more heavy.
Plastic is cheap. Aluminum is more expensive.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:54 AM
warbird_1

yeah don't understand that.. I know a guy who bought a XG14 and then sold it straight away because he said it was too light?? People think weight=worth... It's aviation, not gold! Weight is the enemy of aviation. I wonder of people buy old iPads becuase they weigh more than the new ones?

thanks

dave
i did the same thing for the same reason. i like heavy radios. it's hard to go from a 12X to a 14 . the XG 14 is a sport radio .That being said , it's still a great radio. the deal breaker for me was the screen size. it forced them to break menus up into several screens /parts on several screens. i wish they could make an in between radio because of the cost issue. i love the XG11 screen and menu layout but i just can't get it to feel right in my hands because of the large battery cover or i would have bought one. the 28X feels just right in my hands and comfort is everything when your landing a turbine or a warbird you've worked on for 2 years.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:10 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

Been out this morning with my 28X, three flights in my Xcalibur were all as expected. Using twin Tx packs, so max weight and its not an issue even without a neck strap that none of my circle of friends use.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1040 (Small).JPG
Views:	446
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	2084633   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1044 (Small).JPG
Views:	430
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2084634  
Old 03-28-2015, 05:27 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Been out this morning with my 28X, three flights in my Xcalibur were all as expected. Using twin Tx packs, so max weight and its not an issue even without a neck strap that none of my circle of friends use.
dave, would you mind sharing the twin pack battery setup as well as the receiver your using? thanks, WB_1
Old 03-28-2015, 06:05 AM
spike5150

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Where did you get the second battery? I can't find them available yet.

Jeremy

Update - Never mind I found it - same as the one for the XG14E

Last edited by spike5150; 03-28-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

This is flying the same set up I had with my XG-11, so its an 1131B
I pushed the UK JR distributor to order additional batteries with the first order of radios, I ordered one for each of my delivery as I expected everyone to have one!

Dave
Yes-14E pack!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1097.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	2084642  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.