Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x information

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x information

Old 06-03-2015, 03:30 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You have to go in setting and make sure the WIFI is on and after that joint the network with password etc...
Make sure you are not to far from your router.
I hope that help
Old 06-03-2015, 08:28 AM
newshoundaussie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wifi is on says signal weak. No chance to even enter password. Thanks
Old 06-04-2015, 10:03 AM
muzzgail

Hi all, I have upgraded my radio successfully. I downloaded the zipped file to my Laptop and unzipped it there. I then followed the instructions supplied by JR Japan on where to put it on the SD Card. Using the SD Card Reader in my Laptop to transfer the info from the Laptop to the SD Card. Popped it back in my radio and switched it on and followed their instructions and it worked fine. Link to the Instructions is here: http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/dl/..._guide_01.html
Old 06-04-2015, 10:10 AM
muzzgail

I have now over 40 hours on the new radio, having set up 3 jets. It would be fair to say that I am now a lot more comfortable with it and what it can do. I have found a couple of interesting bugs along the way, one that stands out is the telemetry voice prompts don't line up with available list. Example: Tick Flight Mode and the radio calls out the Receiver Voltage instead. I had to tick Rotation to get the Altimeter to read out. Best to tick all and try it out. Of course you will need telemetry in the aircraft for most of the items in the list to work, apart from the RX Voltage.

Things I would like to see changed so far are:

Line up the Telemetry voice screen with the actual telemetry it activates to speak.

More than 10 free mixes for Aircraft.

More than 10 seconds for Gear Control sequencing. Electric Giant Gear can take as long as 17 seconds to fully work. With down and locked gear for a CARF Corsair, the gear doesn't start moving for 3 seconds after the gear switch is activated. I don't see a reason for restricting the radio to 10 seconds. If they have to restrict it, make it 40 seconds. That should see all gear and doors close on most models.

Widgets on home screens need more sizes and more types available.

Where a sub menu is available for the current screen, some sort of mark on the screen would be handy to alert you to further options being available. You do get used to where they are, but a bit of attention to detail on the high end radios is always good to see.

And lastly and most importantly, if the radio can speak, let it speak with any switch, not just for flight modes and telemetry. Everyone would like to have the flap switch and gear switch activate voice as well. Maybe the kill switch says something if you choose......eg. Canopy Opening, Canopy Closing, Tail Hook Down, Tail Hook Up, Speed Brakes Deployed, Speed Brakes Retracted, Low/Medium/High Rate Aileron/Elevator etc etc. These are some of the ones I would have liked to have used on my current aircraft.

Last edited by muzzgail; 06-04-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:36 AM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I am working on a second hand jet and it is setup traditionally. It needs 14 channel + gyro. I have just tried out the new Axis and really like it.

Since it is all wired traditionally I do plan the following setup.

1 pc B1-14DRS XPort Duo (Dual Redundancy System)

2 pc RG712BX DMSS 2.4GHz 7ch Receiver with XBus (for redundancy)plugged into the Xport Duo

All 14 servoes into the Xport Duo and the Axis into the Xbus Signal Output on the Xport Duo.

And 2 pc of 2S A123 into the batteryslots.

Will this setup work or do I have to make a different setup?
Old 06-16-2015, 05:03 AM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If I understand what your saying, all 14 servos are plugged into the Duo then it will not work. You will have to plug the servos that you want the Axis to control into the Axis.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:27 AM
affas

Elevator, rudder and aileron can be in the axis with xbus between axis and xbus rx but wonder if I will be able to connect the axis via xbus output on this Duo hub?
Old 06-16-2015, 05:34 AM
Airman98

yes you can connect the axis on the xbus output on the Duo. But your servos have to be connected to the axis either by xbus or the pwm ports on the xbus.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:40 AM
muzzgail

Originally Posted by affas
I am working on a second hand jet and it is setup traditionally. It needs 14 channel + gyro. I have just tried out the new Axis and really like it.

Since it is all wired traditionally I do plan the following setup.

1 pc B1-14DRS XPort Duo (Dual Redundancy System)

2 pc RG712BX DMSS 2.4GHz 7ch Receiver with XBus (for redundancy)plugged into the Xport Duo

All 14 servoes into the Xport Duo and the Axis into the Xbus Signal Output on the Xport Duo.

And 2 pc of 2S A123 into the batteryslots.

Will this setup work or do I have to make a different setup?
Hi Alf,

I have a the same setup with a little difference. The ailerons and rudders and elevator servos plug into the out port of the axis. This can be done by using a hub and converter cables or a hub and xbus NX series servos. You will need to move the channels that are effected within the duo pro to another xbus channel first. The gyro likes to have at least 2 channels available to it, channel 5 and 6, so you would defintiely have to change port 5 and 6 on the duo pro to another address, like 15 and 16, which can be done on any xbus radio. Or don't plug any servos into those port numbers. Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:42 PM
affas

Next challenge...

I do have the canopy on a sequencer which first release the lock then open - close then lock for safety.

Works excellent if I do put it on throttle. But if I put it on channel 10 as I planned and on the upper right aft switch then it just continues opening and closing. All endpoint, sub etc are the same. Made a complete new model and rebind and same happens.....
Old 06-25-2015, 10:12 PM
affas

Bump
Old 06-25-2015, 11:42 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

Have you viewed the servo monitor while this is happening?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:12 AM
affas

I did. Channel 10 (and also ch9) shows exactly the same movement as throttle. Same endpoints and everything. Seems so strange for me
Old 06-26-2015, 03:25 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a xbus servo question i'd like to ask... jr says that the nx588 servo is programmable and that it can be done through the transmitter . i am assuming you program it using the xbus system in your transmitter. if that's the case ... can you reverse a servo" Xbus servo" using the xbus system and then plug that servo into one of the conventional ports and still have it reversed? Hitec allows you to program their servos and their servos retain what ever you set them to.. what am i trying to do? ... i have a giant p-51 using one servo for tail wheel steering and one for rudder. rather that go through the expense of buying a hub,cables etc . i just wanted to reverse one of the servos so i can just y-harness them. Thanks WB_1
Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 AM
spike5150

Originally Posted by warbird_1
i have a xbus servo question i'd like to ask... jr says that the nx588 servo is programmable and that it can be done through the transmitter . i am assuming you program it using the xbus system in your transmitter. if that's the case ... can you reverse a servo" Xbus servo" using the xbus system and then plug that servo into one of the conventional ports and still have it reversed? Hitec allows you to program their servos and their servos retain what ever you set them to.. what am i trying to do? ... i have a giant p-51 using one servo for tail wheel steering and one for rudder. rather that go through the expense of buying a hub,cables etc . i just wanted to reverse one of the servos so i can just y-harness them. Thanks WB_1
I have some NX servos, so I can test it for you sometime this weekend. But, based on the fact that you can program them with the channel programmer as well, I am going to guess that the servo will remember the programmed settings.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:31 AM
spike5150

I did. Channel 10 (and also ch9) shows exactly the same movement as throttle. Same endpoints and everything. Seems so strange for me
What function are channel 9 and 10 mapped to in the Channel Mapping settings? Should be set to AUX I believe to have them be independent.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:59 PM
binsonc
My Feedback: (6)

hello guys just got my 28x .i have a question when i fly futaba 18mz it give my the option to run 2 receivers 1to7 ch and the second one 8 to 14 is that possible on the 28x ? thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 09:21 AM
as722

http://www.jramericas.com/234565/JRPX03689/

Use one of these.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:35 PM
affas

Originally Posted by spike5150
What function are channel 9 and 10 mapped to in the Channel Mapping settings? Should be set to AUX I believe to have them be independent.
Back home on Tuesday and will check
Old 06-29-2015, 07:56 PM
jcterrettaz

I need a quick help. I started with a simple foamy Eurofighter. Everything is fine only problem how you make the gear work?
Im using the the D switch
thank you in advance
Old 06-30-2015, 04:01 AM
jcterrettaz

Ok i find the way myself....still lot to learn with this one
Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 AM
affas

Back home on Tuesday and will check
Channel 10 set to AUX no conflict. Just tried on two way, three way and turning knob with same result. The canopy continues to open close....
Old 07-10-2015, 01:02 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello all

I have had my 28x about three months and have numerous flights with different models and all appears to work. I have upgraded to ver. 0001-0002 and the update appears to have many of the requested changes included. I find it amazing that JR has responded and am quite impressed with the quick response to the requests. I have many of the same voice questions, but to be honest, have not spent a lot of time messing with it. I would agree that voice is much better than having to look at the radio - I just don't, so looks like I need to get in to the voice commands. One other comment, is that there is no real page/button on the JR site that I have found that takes you to the 28x upgrade page. Searching using Bing/Google got me there but I would think JR should make this much easier to find and use. Not much of a complaint as I find this radio to be outstanding, just a little nit picking.

Next big step for me will be using X-bus on my Ziroli 120" B-25 as I want many functions so I will be looking for all the info I can get. The build is at least 6-8 months out on completion. Thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 AM
affas

@rossmick After update was all models still present or did You had to copy models and bind them all?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:48 AM
Airman98

update to 002 didnt affect anything. All the models were still there and bound.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.