Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x information

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x information

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 09:52 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

affas

All models were still there. Be sure and read the update instruction carefully. I did backup all the models to the card as recommended.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:07 AM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys

I just called Chris at JR and found out that the battery for the 28x is not the same as the 14. I post this because I remember reading one of the guys stating that it was the same as he xg14. According to JR it is its own battery and they have it in stock for $89.00 with free shipping. If you are using a different battery you might want to check with JR. The Android system consumes much more power, so I will be much happier when I get that second battery installed. Also be careful of some battery company's claiming they have the correct battery, first clue is no second lead off the battery.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:42 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, he's right, it's not the same battery that the XG14 uses

But it is the same battery as the XG14E uses. JR Propo actually makes two 14's.

I've had the second JR battery from the start in my 28X, matter of fact the label on the battery package just listed it for the XG14E, but it's the same 2L 3200 battery and same part #.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	2109414  

Last edited by pitstop000; 07-15-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:20 PM
1_helihover_1

Hi
Anyone tried to impot pictures? I have made a Picture folder on my SD card - but the radio don´t find any pictures...?

Also, when programming today my radio freezed up completely and I lost radio link to the model. No key inputs worked, and I had to unplug the battery to get the radio working again.
Is this an issue with this radio - as another on this forum has had the same experience?

Last; how do I get the radio to show percentage of what is left in the TX battery?

THX
Old 08-04-2015, 01:34 PM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow not cheap, I brought two Samsung 18650 Li-ion 2850mAh for my Bat 60 it came with 4 now I have 6 installed. £4.00 each from Holland!
Old 08-04-2015, 03:59 PM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have two battery in my 28X last very long time until recharging. I thing the second one is mandatory!!
I create a picture folder in my Laptop and import pictures of my planes inside this folder. Move the folder on the SD card . Open the radio and the pictures should be there, work for me . Still learning... but slowly I move all my toys on the 28X. Very happy with purchase ...thank RC Japan.
Can someone explain me how to put voice on the timer?
Thank you
Old 08-04-2015, 10:14 PM
egldriver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just emailed my photos from my phone to the 28x.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:27 PM
1_helihover_1

Originally Posted by egldriver
Wow - how?
Old 08-04-2015, 10:39 PM
fireblade5437

Can you confirm that you have had a crash of your OS system and you are saying you have lost/broken your RF link to your model?

IF this is the case, it means the OS and RF stages are not decoupled on the JR 28x, which is a huge safety threat.

Alan

Originally Posted by 1_helihover_1
Hi
Anyone tried to impot pictures? I have made a Picture folder on my SD card - but the radio don´t find any pictures...?

Also, when programming today my radio freezed up completely and I lost radio link to the model. No key inputs worked, and I had to unplug the battery to get the radio working again.
Is this an issue with this radio - as another on this forum has had the same experience?

Last; how do I get the radio to show percentage of what is left in the TX battery?

THX
Old 08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

well if your using email like gmail or yahoo then email some pics to yourself. Open your email up in the 28x browser, click on the email you just sent and hold your finger down on the pic in the email and you will get a pop up that ask if you want to download or save the file. Thats all there is to it.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:59 PM
1_helihover_1

Originally Posted by fireblade5437
Can you confirm that you have had a crash of your OS system and you are saying you have lost/broken your RF link to your model?

IF this is the case, it means the OS and RF stages are not decoupled on the JR 28x, which is a huge safety threat.

Alan
Hello
Yes, I can confirm this. It happened during setup of a Pike glider. The light in the powerswitch was still blue, but I got no response from servos in the model. The programme (i was programming brake function) stopped responding. Tried a reboot which is within the software, all it did was to make the screen go black. I then waited several minutes before pulling the battery. On restart all worked as normal, with the exception that some of the latest programming performed before the crash wast lost.

If it means that the RF and TX stages is connected I don´t know. Maybe a JR rep can chime in?
Old 08-05-2015, 01:04 AM
fireblade5437

Hi

Thats not good hopefully JR will look into this, certainly this would appear to be a serious issue
Have you reported your experience to the JR dealer you brought the set from?
Ideally if you have the OS operating on one system the actual RF and flight controls/live date etc should be controlled by a completely separate kernel etc so if display/programming crashes then flight control is still active etc

Alan

Last edited by fireblade5437; 08-05-2015 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:25 AM
spike5150

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
Can someone explain me how to put voice on the timer?
I emailed JRAMERICAS about this a couple days ago. Will let you know what I hear.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:51 PM
1_helihover_1

Hi

Thats not good hopefully JR will look into this, certainly this would appear to be a serious issue
Have you reported your experience to the JR dealer you brought the set from?
Ideally if you have the OS operating on one system the actual RF and flight controls/live date etc should be controlled by a completely separate kernel etc so if display/programming crashes then flight control is still active etc

Alan
And it gets worse.
Had the first test fligth with an EDF-foamie today, which went in. When switcing FM the model got uncontrollable, so I swiched back and regained some control - but the model was erratic. Then the radio issued three beeps and I lost control of the model. It was a total loss. When I put the radio down I noticed that the wallpaper on the screen was changed. This must have happened during the flight, and without me touching the screen (it was changed from black to blue DMSS).
After retreiving the model I ran a check to see if all rudder functions was OK - which they were...
I will contact the LHS where I bought the radio from tomorrow to see what they have to say. For me the rest of my models (mostly jets) are grounded untill the fault with this radio is found. Hopefully it is an isolated case, as a lot is flying their 28x without any problems.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:28 PM
jcterrettaz

Thank you for the tip ... work very well
Old 08-05-2015, 04:49 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi

THX
i read that the two were separate and that should not have happened. i read that even if the android system crashed it wasn't supposed to affect the control hardware. ..
Old 08-05-2015, 10:47 PM
fireblade5437

Sorry to hear you to hear you lost your model, we have all been there..

This is not something that you would expect with a new radio and certainly not with JR's flagship!
I hope you are going to insist that the LHS will exchange for another set as clearly not fit for purpose.
I would hope that this is an isolated case but it does seem software related as it all cleared when you removed battery if it had been hardware I suspect you would have seen it straight away again.
This appears to be first case of this happening, I would certainly refrain from using again in a model but would leave powered up with Rx and servos and see what happens. Does the 28 have a automated servo test function you can leave running ie commanded from the Tx?

Alan

And it gets worse.
Had the first test fligth with an EDF-foamie today, which went in. When switcing FM the model got uncontrollable, so I swiched back and regained some control - but the model was erratic. Then the radio issued three beeps and I lost control of the model. It was a total loss. When I put the radio down I noticed that the wallpaper on the screen was changed. This must have happened during the flight, and without me touching the screen (it was changed from black to blue DMSS).
After retreiving the model I ran a check to see if all rudder functions was OK - which they were...
I will contact the LHS where I bought the radio from tomorrow to see what they have to say. For me the rest of my models (mostly jets) are grounded untill the fault with this radio is found. Hopefully it is an isolated case, as a lot is flying their 28x without any problems.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:37 AM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the 28 have a automated servo test function you can leave running ie commanded from the Tx?

Alan

Yes it does. You can test them slow or fast mode.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:48 AM
fireblade5437

Hi 1_helihover_1

Might be an idea to leave running a servo test and see what happens over say 4-5hrs?
I would be interested to hear what the LHS says once they have heard your experience with the 28, I certainly would not feel comfortable using your set to fly until you know what caused the failure.
Apparently in the documentation it does state that the OS is separate to the control/RF section but in your case this does not appeared to have happened.

Alan

Originally Posted by ECalderon
Yes it does. You can test them slow or fast mode.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:39 PM
as722

E=1_helihover_1;12080211]Hello
Yes, I can confirm this. It happened during setup of a Pike glider. The light in the powerswitch was still blue, but I got no response from servos in the model. The programme (i was programming brake function) stopped responding. Tried a reboot which is within the software, all it did was to make the screen go black. I then waited several minutes before pulling the battery. On restart all worked as normal, with the exception that some of the latest programming performed before the crash wast lost.

If it means that the RF and TX stages is connected I don´t know. Maybe a JR rep can chime in?[/QUOTE]

What's your low voltage alarm set to? It sounds like a low voltage problem.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:28 PM
chorner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone replaced any of the switches on their 28x? I just purchased one (not delivered yet) and am wondering if I can put a couple 3 position switches up on the top shoulders.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:30 PM
1_helihover_1

#Fireblade5437: I did talk to my LHS about my problems. They have taken the 28x back - and for me this journey is at an end. I will go back to Futaba.

#as722: No voltage problems. RX was powered by a freshly charged lipo running on a regulator. As for the radio it was fresh of the charger too.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Sekhet

I’m finally going to break my silence in this thread. I received my JR 28x in the first round and I have to say that I’ve been ether on the phone with or emailing JR about issues then flying. When I have been able to fly, the day ended with picking up the parts and chunks of an aircraft that had been re-kitted due to the 28x deciding to re-boot or update or what ever it’s little android brain was trying to do, not once but a second time after being reassured that the problem had been fixed with the update! (shame on me for believing that load of Bull S#^t).

I’m going back to my Spektrum DX18, Futaba 18MZA, and Jeti DS-16. Thank goodness that I only re-equipped two aircraft and didn’t sale the other reliable transmitters. JR use to get my respect and use to build a quality product. But shipping the 28X before it was ready and using the flying public as their beta testers is just down right wrong! Shame on you, JR, Shame!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:32 AM
jcterrettaz

Mine is working fine. I made a mistake and deleted the bind and range.JR fixed the problem.
Im sure JR did not release a faulty produce , maybe you did something ?!! wrong once.....in the programming ....
Some JR guru should joint this thread to make me feel better , all my jets: EDF and Turbine are on my 28X
Old 08-09-2015, 11:53 AM
fireblade5437

Whatever he did in programming his 28 should not result in software crash/re-boots....period

Alan

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
Mine is working fine. I made a mistake and deleted the bind and range.JR fixed the problem.
Im sure JR did not release a faulty produce , maybe you did something ?!! wrong once.....in the programming ....
Some JR guru should joint this thread to make me feel better , all my jets: EDF and Turbine are on my 28X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.