Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster from Chief Aircraft!!! Have not received yet!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster from Chief Aircraft!!! Have not received yet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster from Chief Aircraft!!! Have not received yet!!!

I placed my ordered from Chief Aircraft through a dealer of theirs back in Oct. I paid a deposit of $500. The jet was scheduled for Mid November, well that didn't happen. December came and gone and they arrived or I think arrived about 2 weeks ago at Chief Aircraft in Oregon. The remainder of payment was requested by chief aircraft on January 9. I paid balance in full over 2 weeks ago. They said that my jet would ship VIA UPS, low and behold it is now January 23 and still no jet or tracking information. The shipping guy in Oregon seems to always be out for lunch. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the mysterious in stock Skymaster jets? This will be my last ever order from Chief Aircraft, I feel like I'm getting the run around.

My thinning patience!!!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:56 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Originally Posted by Jetfan20
I placed my ordered from Chief Aircraft through a dealer of theirs back in Oct. I paid a deposit of $500. The jet was scheduled for Mid November, well that didn't happen. December came and gone and they arrived or I think arrived about 2 weeks ago at Chief Aircraft in Oregon. The remainder of payment was requested by chief aircraft on January 9. I paid balance in full over 2 weeks ago. They said that my jet would ship VIA UPS, low and behold it is now January 23 and still no jet or tracking information. The shipping guy in Oregon seems to always be out for lunch. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the mysterious in stock Skymaster jets? This will be my last ever order from Chief Aircraft, I feel like I'm getting the run around.

My thinning patience!!!
There are no mysterious Skymaster jets in stock. They are in stock but this first order arrived at the Oregon warehouse. Who did you speak to? By the way, Chief Aircraft has no dealers. They have 2 stores, one in Oregon and one in Deland, FL.

What aircraft did you order? What person did you order it from at Chief?

Even though its 11:00PM here, we are actively looking into it.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 01-23-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:12 PM
PowerBoxDanny

We have tracked the issue.

Did you purchase this Jet from Don Shulman? He is not a dealer for Chief Aircraft. If you purchased this aircraft though Don Shulman, you need to address this issue with Don. This is not a Chief Aircraft order.

If you did not order your aircraft directly from Dana or Brett at Chief Aircraft, you did not order it from Chief Aircraft.

Don Shulman IS NOT a Chief Aircraft representative and we have never stated that in any of our communications.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Jetfan20

Ok, great! Without putting the company I ordered through out there. I was giving a price, I paid it. I have seen emails from Chief Aircraft in regards to needing full payment and once paid in full the jet will be shipped. It has been to full weeks and still no jet of shipping information. I ordered a SM Viperjet in the RAF 2010 scheme back in October. UPS to Florida takes 5 days not 10.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:17 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Ok, great! Without putting the company I ordered through out there. I was giving a price, I paid it. I have seen emails from Chief Aircraft in regards to needing full payment and once paid in full the jet will be shipped. It has been to full weeks and still no jet of shipping information. I ordered a SM Viperjet in the RAF 2010 scheme back in October. UPS to Florida takes 5 days not 10.
Unfortunately, If you did not order the aircraft directly through Dana or Brett at Chief Aircraft, you will not be receiving a Skymaster Jet from Chief Aircraft. We do not have an order. Please contact Don Shulman for updated information on your jet order.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 01-23-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Jetfan20

The jet was ultimately ordered from C.A. correct? Your site states in stock and the jet that was ordered was paid for in full ($4700 plus the initial $500 deposit) over 2 weeks ago. If I ordered it through, Don, Jim or John it's irrelevant, It was ordered from C.A. There should be some sort of tracking information that can be provided by CHIEF AIRCRAFT whether there is a middle man or not!!!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Jetfan20

BTW- Brett received the order! I have email correspondence from him! What's the excuse now!!!!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:30 PM
PowerBoxDanny

The jet was ultimately ordered from C.A. correct? Your site states in stock and the jet that was ordered was paid for in full ($4700 plus the initial $500 deposit) over 2 weeks ago. If I ordered it through, Don, Jim or John it's irrelevant, It was ordered from C.A. There should be some sort of tracking information that can be provided by CHIEF AIRCRAFT whether there is a middle man or not!!!
We are not making any excuses. We are working to try and solve the issue. Forgive me if we cant do it fast enough for you. It is after all almost midnight on Friday. Brett did not receive an order from you. Don Shulman initiated an order for him or a customer but delayed payment. Preliminary information shows that the order was for him but not processed because of payment delay. No record of you personally placing the order with Brett.

Please contact Dana directly on Monday.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 01-23-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Jetfan20

Ok, a deposit was made in October/2014, which showed a commitment, full payment was demanded by Brett 2 weeks ago which was made, but no order was processed? We all do respect, that makes NO sense! In other words the jet was sold to someone else, because CA didn't receive the payment fast enough! If that is the case, its ok! I want a FULL refund, period! If all you were going to do in the end is direct me to the Oregon office on Monday, why respond? Are you just on here for damage control? At this point I can care less about damage control, all I care about is my jet or my $5200 bucks! Its either they got or they don't!!! If Brett and CA tell me that they NEVER received a payment from Don Shulman in full then I will deal with Don, but I know that"s not the case. They RECEIVED the money!

Last edited by Jetfan20; 01-23-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 PM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

Jetfan20-While I can completely understand your frustration, I think the fact that Danny is on this thread after midnight answering your questions in a public forum and not via PM should at least give you some semblance of peace of mind. Keep in mind, Chief Aircraft is a large company and not some fly by night mom and pop shop. I have no skin in the game but I do know the folks at CA personally. Dana, Brett, Donnie and Danny who is responding on this thread. I'm sure it will all get sorted out. Best of luck to you and whatever jet you do end up with, happy landings.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:50 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I must admit this sounds confusing, It would seem to me if that since Chief knew the order was initiated through Don Shulman why would they contact the OP for
the balance of payment if there was some problem with the way Don made the order. I hope in the end all turns out well with transaction I am curious as to the
outcome, Also I wonder why the OP was not told the at the time he was asked to pay the balance the order was not yet processed.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:00 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

JetFan20,
quick question.
According to your bank or credit card company, who received your payment?
was it CA?
Old 01-24-2015, 04:03 AM
number27

Instead of airing your dirty laundry just provide Chief with a copy of your invoice and go from there.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:18 AM
Jetfan20

Just received tracking info, how about that! Thanks Skunk!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:17 AM
rrembert

Glad you got your tracking number! I too have no dog in this hunt but I'm curious, what was your advantage to ordering thru another party? Why not just order straight from Chief?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Holy smokes... he said she said, he ordered through here, but not there with this guy but not that guy, with him but not her and she said that he said that they said that the customer did but didn't and then did but didn't and then paid but didn't pay and then tried to pay but didn't then did and.....................

Thats about what i got from this thread. Holy crap, most overly complicated worthless thread ever. Middle men- rarely if ever a good idea... glad to see the OP got what he wanted though
Old 01-24-2015, 07:42 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have ordered multiple Planes form CHIEF,, NEVER ANY PROBLEMS,,, But I ordered them DIRECTLY from Chief, and their customer service has always been great. Glad you got your issue resolved.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:19 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Sorry for the delayed response. Late night.

We are happy that you have resolution to the issue of your jet not arriving ontime. We have already implemented changes to make sure this never happens again. This issue would have easily been resolved with just one phone call to Chief Aircraft and talking to Dana. We hate to put this information out in public but since this person chose to use this method to resolve the issue, we want to make sure there is complete clarity. Below is the timeline of thedelay:

The order was received from Shulman Aviation.
A $500 deposit was received from Don Shulman, since shipping containers prior to the Christmas season usually encounter delays ananticipated earlier arrival was hoped for.

All customers were notified by Chief Aircraft once the container arrived.
Shulman Aviation was one of the many who were notified to fund the balance of the jets prior torelease.
All pre-ordered Jets were shipped except SA's request. In this case one delay involved therequest for SA's Florida state tax resale certificate, SA's sent a different document that could be used per FL resale guidelines.
Further delays continued, medical reasons were cited to not expedite funds and finally a personal check was received prior to the MLK holiday, weeks past the container arrival.
SA's was notified that the check would be held for 7 workings days prior to shipping the order.
There was no period in this process that Chief was made aware that the order was for a unknown third party.
Chief Aircraft has no communications with anyone except Shulman Aviation.
Chief Aircraft is not aware of Fanjet20, there is no invoice for Fanjet20 and there was never a credit card charge made by Chief Aircraft from Fanjet20
It's very relevant who jet20 ordered from, any email FJ received were forwarded communications from Shulman Aviation, including the tracking.

If fanjet20 contacted Chief Aircraft for tracking customer service would need the customers billing information, this is customer services duty, not the "out to lunch shipping guy".

Direct communications were ever made from Chief to fanjet20, it's should be made clear that anything stated from fj20 is secondary information.
We certainly regret what fj20 is experiencing, however as a third party he could/should have contacted Brett or Dana to get accurate information causing uncommunicative delays.

If you have any further questions, come visit us at the Chief Aircraft Tentthis year at Florida Jets!

Happy Flying!

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 01-24-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:45 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

OP ordered though Shulman, all ***** and moaning should have been directed at them, not Chief. At least they were able to help.

Chief is a real company with an impeccable reputation. I used to purchase aviation equipment from them. They are not a mom and pop hobby shop, they are very well known.

I hope you also hit Shulman for not keeping you informed of the shipment status.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:05 AM
dblonghofer
My Feedback: (7)

I would say 50\50 on custom service, I ordered a I-gyro from them. It would not work they washed there hands of it, said call powerbox or forums. I don't speak german. They are the dealer act like it !!! I still order from them all the time, BUT maybe not the new 1\5 skymaster F-16 that I'm looking at.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:13 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

The fact that the OP started this thread pointing the finger at CA is preposterous. Why would you not take your shipping delay issue up with SA? And why on earth did you not just call Chief directly for the order?

This was an SA problem, not a CA problem.

S
Old 01-24-2015, 09:17 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

So many times I have seen guys order through shlock outfits that don't have a direct representation for the producing company thinking they are going to get a break. Then when the sh-t happens they expect they bad mouth the producing company instead of the shlock outfit. Even worse in this case is the constant misinformation of who the order was through instead of just coming out right at the beginning with ALL the story.
If I were a supplier I would put this guy on a do not sell to list so fast.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:24 AM
dblonghofer
My Feedback: (7)

I like the question who took the last payment.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:31 AM
jwren00

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys order jets through these one person "dealers", who are anything but, and then end up losing all their money or waiting months (if not years) for a good outcome.

Why on earth did you not just order the jet through Chief with your credit card? It's so simple.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:31 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

I have a solution:

ORDER DIRECTLY FROM SKYMASTER AND THE HELL with all re-sales.

You will get a much better discount (10-15% if paid in cash/wire transfer) if you contact skymaster directly, which more than takes care of the shipping.

Having had gone through 2 resalers, 1 that stole my money and never paid skymaster made me wait almost a year (Jeff Tolomeo / Rc turbine jets) and the other who after made we wait 3 months and then refunded me. I have found that the best course of action is to bypass all this bs and go directly to Skymaster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.