Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster from Chief Aircraft!!! Have not received yet!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster from Chief Aircraft!!! Have not received yet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 AM
dblonghofer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here-here You have a great point DiscoWing
Old 01-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Cratus
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkunkWerkz
Sorry for the delayed response. Late night.

We are happy that you have resolution to the issue of your jet not arriving ontime. We have already implemented changes to make sure this never happens again. This issue would have easily been resolved with just one phone call to Chief Aircraft and talking to Dana. We hate to put this information out in public but since this person chose to use this method to resolve the issue, we want to make sure there is complete clarity. Below is the timeline of thedelay:

The order was received from Shulman Aviation.
A $500 deposit was received from Don Shulman, since shipping containers prior to the Christmas season usually encounter delays ananticipated earlier arrival was hoped for.

All customers were notified by Chief Aircraft once the container arrived.
Shulman Aviation was one of the many who were notified to fund the balance of the jets prior torelease.
All pre-ordered Jets were shipped except SA's request. In this case one delay involved therequest for SA's Florida state tax resale certificate, SA's sent a different document that could be used per FL resale guidelines.
Further delays continued, medical reasons were cited to not expedite funds and finally a personal check was received prior to the MLK holiday, weeks past the container arrival.
SA's was notified that the check would be held for 7 workings days prior to shipping the order.
There was no period in this process that Chief was made aware that the order was for a unknown third party.
Chief Aircraft has no communications with anyone except Shulman Aviation.
Chief Aircraft is not aware of Fanjet20, there is no invoice for Fanjet20 and there was never a credit card charge made by Chief Aircraft from Fanjet20
It's very relevant who jet20 ordered from, any email FJ received were forwarded communications from Shulman Aviation, including the tracking.

If fanjet20 contacted Chief Aircraft for tracking customer service would need the customers billing information, this is customer services duty, not the "out to lunch shipping guy".

Direct communications were ever made from Chief to fanjet20, it's should be made clear that anything stated from fj20 is secondary information.
We certainly regret what fj20 is experiencing, however as a third party he could/should have contacted Brett or Dana to get accurate information causing uncommunicative delays.

If you have any further questions, come visit us at the Chief Aircraft Tentthis year at Florida Jets!

Happy Flying!
Proactively engaged in the resolution of the problem...IMO, this reflects good customer service from CA.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:47 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Have ordered from Chief, happy to say batting a thousand here.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:42 PM
toolmaker7341

I order my Skymaster from BVM
Old 01-24-2015, 03:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

I would respectfully suggest you edit the title to indicate that your real issue wasn't with Chief and that the issue is resolved.

I've had a lot of dealings with Chief and never had any issues.

Welcome back to Florida Danny
Old 01-24-2015, 04:06 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Deleted
Old 01-24-2015, 07:28 PM
BobbyMcGee

Really!? Was this thread necessary?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:51 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither skymaster or Chief deserve this thread. Glad it's been sorted out, but suspect a phone call and respectful conversation could have resolved this without the public attention. Kudos to Danny and CA for remaining professional and dilligent with promptly dealing with this. If nothing else, it goes to show they stand behind what they do and what they sell. We need more of that in this hobby.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
I have a solution:

ORDER DIRECTLY FROM SKYMASTER AND THE HELL with all re-sales.

You will get a much better discount (10-15% if paid in cash/wire transfer) if you contact skymaster directly, which more than takes care of the shipping.

Having had gone through 2 resalers, 1 that stole my money and never paid skymaster made me wait almost a year (Jeff Tolomeo / Rc turbine jets) and the other who after made we wait 3 months and then refunded me. I have found that the best course of action is to bypass all this bs and go directly to Skymaster.
And your cash goes unprotected. I really like Anton but I will not wire transfer $6k plus to anyone.

I ordered direct from Chief with a credit card. Dana kept me up to date, and the two aircraft I ordered shipped as soon as they could pull them out of the container. Plus I got a discount. Chief is taking all the risk for me.

Saving up for my next order now!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:36 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

I am happy this thread was started.
It ultimately shows Chief in a very positive light. CA went way out of their way to solve the problem in an expedient manner.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:23 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Originally Posted by Joe Westrich
And your cash goes unprotected. I really like Anton but I will not wire transfer $6k plus to anyone.

I ordered direct from Chief with a credit card. Dana kept me up to date, and the two aircraft I ordered shipped as soon as they could pull them out of the container. Plus I got a discount. Chief is taking all the risk for me.

Saving up for my next order now!
What? How exactly is your cash "Unprotected" how do you think chief and other resellers pay skymaster? ding ding ding they wire transfer. You are actually in far worse shape if you go with a re-seller; these things can easily take longer than 6 months to ship in which case even credit cards wont' safe because their 180 day limit expired, and you can forget paypal it only offers 45 days. Perfect example of this is RC TURBINE JETS Jeff Tolomeo who squandered money instead of paying skymaster and left people high and dry.

BUY direct from skymaster cut out the middle man; John from skymaster answers emails promptly; to say their is a greater risk is complete rubbish and is only spewed from a person that has a financial incentive;are you skymaster dealer in some way?
Old 01-25-2015, 07:27 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Also let me tell you, Skymaster sent my Avanti XXL after they only got 1650.00 form Jeff Tolomeo and they ate the other cost after they realized that I had paid for my jet in full (6.5k) but skymaster only got $1600.00 for since rc turbine jets never sent the remaining balance and pocketed the money. No other re-seller is going to do this and take a huge loss just to satisfy the customer.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:42 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rjbob
I am happy this thread was started.
It ultimately shows Chief in a very positive light. CA went way out of their way to solve the problem in an expedient manner.
Your absolutely right,, Jumped on and solved the problem quickly, and it was not even their problem to start with.
If you have never dealt with Chief,Or SKYMASTER don't worry they are a great company to do business with,,and take care of their customers,,
Old 01-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Joe Westrich

What? How exactly is your cash "Unprotected" how do you think chief and other resellers pay skymaster? ding ding ding they wire transfer. You are actually in far worse shape if you go with a re-seller; these things can easily take longer than 6 months to ship in which case even credit cards wont' safe because their 180 day limit expired, and you can forget paypal it only offers 45 days. Perfect example of this is RC TURBINE JETS Jeff Tolomeo who squandered money instead of paying skymaster and left people high and dry.

BUY direct from skymaster cut out the middle man; John from skymaster answers emails promptly; to say their is a greater risk is complete rubbish and is only spewed from a person that has a financial incentive;are you skymaster dealer in some way?
Quit being such a "student" Dwing....

Wire transfer risk..... https://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consu...fer-scams.html

"How do you think these resellers pay Skymaster.....wire transfer" Yes, captain obvious.... that's why I said Chief is taking the risk for me.

I did not wait 6 months to get my jet and I did not pay with Paypal. I got my jet in less than 3 months and paid with my CC. Dana only took $1500 to hold a $6k jet for me. I paid the balance the day it shipped from their warehouse in the States. The majority of my money was at risk for the 6 days it took it to ship from OR to my house.

Misinforming again Dwing. It never ends.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:50 AM
Joe Westrich

I have only purchase from Skymaster through BVM and Chief. Both places have strong reputations and long standing business. In stead of looking for the extra $10 to save, try researching credible businesses.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:58 AM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Confused: Were you getting email from Chief Aircraft or not?

In a way it is Symaster's fault, they need to better control who sells their products otherwise their reputation will get trashed. Seems any guy can resell airframes or turbines these days and worse these people are usually viewed as experts a about the product. From what I've seen many don't know anything and give bad advice and support. Just because a person sells something doesn't mean they know everything about it!

Last edited by essyou35; 01-25-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:59 AM
jwren00

LOL. You have no clue!
Old 01-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Joe Westrich

One last thing.... Your discount doesn't hold very true either. "Go direct and get 10-15%" 10% of a $6000 airplane is $600. That is about the cost of shipping it from Skymaster. So you save that going direct.

Chief only charges the shipping cost from the warehouse to my house. Less than $300 per airplane..... so basically I saved 5% there. I also got 5% off from Chief through their promotion. There is your 10% savings going through Chief......ding, ding, ding
Old 01-25-2015, 08:05 AM
Joe Westrich

Originally Posted by essyou35
Confused: Were you getting email from Chief Aircraft or not?

In a way it is Symaster's fault, they need to better control who sells their products otherwise their reputation will get trashed. Seems any moron can resell airframes or turbines these days and worse these people are usually viewed as experts a about the product. From what I've seen many don't know anything and give bad advice and support. Just because a person sells something doesn't mean they know everything about it!

PS: This is not directed at Skunkwerks (Danny), he is the perfect person to sell this stuff and I'll be reaching out to him when I get my a-10 in a year or so.
Skunkwerks confirmed that the emails that he was getting from Chief were forwarded emails that were sent to him from Shulman.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:11 AM
essyou35

Did CA let SA resell for them or did they get dupped too?
Id be mad if I ordered a jet and realized they just ordered it form another dealer. What the heck is the point of that.

Originally Posted by Joe Westrich
Skunkwerks confirmed that the emails that he was getting from Chief were forwarded emails that were sent to him from Shulman.

Last edited by essyou35; 01-25-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:17 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Who is SA? Just for clarification?
Old 01-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Joe Westrich

Originally Posted by essyou35
Then there is the problem, CA needs to stop this type of crap from happening. That is 2 middle men involved which is not necessary. If they chose to let people re-resell, then the way the transaction goes directly reflects on CA. Is this something they let happen or did they get dupped too?
Id be pissed if I ordered a jet and realized they just ordered it form another dealer. What the heck is the point of that.
Maybe, it's hard to control everything. I personally think the blame game is old. We need to take personal responsibility. If you didn't get what you were promised, go after the person that took your money.

In Dwings situation..... It's not Skymasters fault because they allowed someone to resell for them.... the fault is on the person that took your money. Do your research!

Ultimately Skymaster still hooked Dwing up even though the money didn't reach them.... very cool. but not obligated.

Last edited by Joe Westrich; 01-25-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:36 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

HEY GUYS I AM GETTING A LITTLE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW HEATED THIS THREAD IS GETTING.

Can we dial it back please, There are some major issues here that need to be aired but keep it polite and avoid gratuitous comments.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Joe Westrich

My bad! It's on me.....

Back to building!
Old 01-25-2015, 08:55 AM
essyou35

Not sure who that's directed at, this thread seems ok. I just wish if I were going to use a reseller, I would know they order directly from SM. If they are going to order from another reseller, I'd want to know that. That's too many kinks in the chain.
I wish there was a way to stop it, and maybe not offering discounts to 3rd party resellers may help?

I've been trying to edit my posts but impossible given how crappy this site has become.

Last edited by essyou35; 01-25-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.