Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fort Bend RC Jet Event

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fort Bend RC Jet Event

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:56 AM
melvin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Bend RC Jet Event

Hello everyone
Fort Bend RC club in Rosenberg Tx is happy to announce that it is having its 3rd annual jet rally on April 10th -12th!! We have a 50'x850' asphalt runway that is really smooth. Our pitts area is 20'x220' with electricity and fans on every pole. Barbeque will be served to all pilots on Saturday. Plenty of room for rv's and motorhomes. Come out and have some fun at this great event in Rosenberg!! Any questions you can contact me at [email protected]
thanks
Mel Holtman
Old 01-25-2015, 07:04 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

I thought this was moved to bomber field?
Old 01-25-2015, 01:30 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are FEJ products banned from flying at FB. I understand there was a movement to ban them. Has it been implemented or not.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:34 PM
melvin

Hello Disco Wings
The CD that used to run the Fort Bend Jet Event has parted ways with the club and is now flying at Bomber Field and i guess that he thought that he was taking Fort Bends jet event with him. Not happening. The event is still going to be at Fort Bend as usual.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:47 PM
melvin

Hi Bob
Actually and truthfully there has never been a movement to have any FEJ jets banned at Fort Bend! There was concerns about a certain individual wanting to fly way behind the flight line just to make a "photo pass" with a FEJ produced jet and it was deemed not the ideal situation. I know you are friends with this person and that he probably asked you to post this question and thats quite all right! All jets are allowed to fly at our event but their will be ABSOLUTELY NO flying behind the flight line or flying towards the pitts area. I think any reasonable person would think that this is a fair decision. I hope to see you at Fort Bend jet rally and that everyone has a great time
Mel Holtman
Old 01-25-2015, 05:06 PM
1-large-bob
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by melvin
Hi Bob
Actually and truthfully there has never been a movement to have any FEJ jets banned at Fort Bend! There was concerns about a certain individual wanting to fly way behind the flight line just to make a "photo pass" with a FEJ produced jet and it was deemed not the ideal situation. I know you are friends with this person and that he probably asked you to post this question and thats quite all right! All jets are allowed to fly at our event but their will be ABSOLUTELY NO flying behind the flight line or flying towards the pitts area. I think any reasonable person would think that this is a fair decision. I hope to see you at Fort Bend jet rally and that everyone has a great time
Mel Holtman
Mel
U are a Liar....
and by the way AMA says u can go behind the flight line at a certain point.
Read the AMA Rules. Before u go Rat people out.
AMA also says u can't fly RC Plane over 55lbs with out a waiver.
try reading some times.

Thanks
Robert

Last edited by 1-large-bob; 01-25-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:15 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Bob
There was concerns about a certain individual wanting to fly way behind the flight line just to make a "photo pass" with a FEJ produced jet and it was deemed not the ideal situation.
Mel Holtman
Mel, yes I am friends with this individual but had not asked me to make a post and has no knowledge that I was thinking about it. By your statement it was deemed not the ideal situation to do a "photo pass" with a FEJ produced jet. I have been to FB before and have seen other jets do photo passes. In my opinion I don't think photo passes are a problem. One thing I think is unsafe is a pilot doing a hi-speed 360 directly in front of the pits.
This is my last statement on this and I wish you and the FB club a successful event.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:26 PM
1-large-bob

Mel
Thats a great idea coming from a guy that's had Two Comp ARF
jets come apart in mid air, one of them going off the property & across busy
highway,
but u have never seen or had a FEJ product come apart at FBRC or any
other RC field.
Makes a lot of sense.

Thanks
Robert Bernal
Old 01-25-2015, 05:26 PM
melvin

Hi Bob
Well i guess everyone has an opinion about what they think is or is not safe! That being said if you read in the AMA about sanctioned events their will ONLY be a straight flight line and aircraft are suppose to be kept on the other side of it! As far as people doing photo passes at Fort Bend i havent seen that myself. I missed the first one due to work. Even if other pilots were doing photo passes does that make it right? And what i mean by doing photo passes is a aircraft flying 50 yards behind the flight line and banking around our concession stand.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:40 PM
melvin

Robert
Exactly what am i lying about? I never ... and i repeat i never tryed to get your FEJ jet banned from Fort Bend. Period. I told one of the board members that they should reconsider letting you fly that FEJ produced jet behind the flight lines. I never suggested to anyone that your jet shouldn't be allowed at Fort Bend. If you had been a fair and honest person when you asked the board about doing your photo pass you would have also told them that their has been a lot of problems with these planes. You could have mentioned also to the board that these particular jets have been banned from two large events in the USA. You know that our board members don't keep up with current events in the jet world! But you knew that if you mentioned any of this info they probably wouldn't have agreed to let you do it.

Last edited by melvin; 01-26-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:58 PM
1-large-bob

Mel
The president of the club called me and told me after he spoke with AMA,
That it was ok to do my Photo Pass.
And I had a different board member tell me u told the board member u think it was un safe to have
FEJ fly at FBRC because u seen it on RCU. But yet my FEJ has more flight than the two comp ARF u had come apart.
And u did this just after having two of your own comp ARF come apart in mid air.
Makes a lot of sense.

Try staying under 200mph. AMA says u suppose too. And maybe your comp. ARF will stay together.
Those rules are for safety
O I Forgot. your above the law.
Your Safe flying over 200mph and flying over 55lb airplanes with out a waiver. At Events. And your local clubs.

Thanks
Robert Bernal
Old 01-25-2015, 05:58 PM
melvin

Robert
Your'e absolutely right ! i personally havent seen a FEJ jet go in at Fort Bend. What does that have to do with the KNOWN fact that these jets are poorly produced and have been failing in flight.Any jet person would have to have been living in a cave to not have read what is going on with these jets! Their is multiple post abouy these jets comming apart in flight! Their is even a thread asking pilots who have had these planes self destruct post so we can know how many have crashed. I think the count might be up to 19 that have crashed. And as far as my 2 comp/arf lightenings failing in flight,believe me i wouldn't have flown them if i had known their was a problem with either of them. And I did talk to Ray Labonte about the problems with the two that i had. But you know what ---- thats exactly why it is not a good idea to fly ANY jet behind the flight lines. You never know when something,anything could fail! I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you Robert. If you want to come out to the Fort Bend jet event with your FEJ F18 that's fine, But you won't be permitted to fly it behind the flight line. Thats all i have to say on this subject

Last edited by melvin; 01-25-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:06 PM
1-large-bob

Let's Start a thread on how many comp ARF have came apart.

Two at Fbrc

How many FEJ F-18 in the USA one.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:21 PM
melvin

Hey Robert
i think your on to something! I think you should start a thread on how many Comp/Arfs have come apart. I'd be really curious! Do it. And as far as me telling a person on the board that your jet shouldn't be allowed to fly. Either you were misinformed or you are a liar. I never said that; I said it shouldn't be allowed to fly behind the flight line. And you know what Robert if i had said that i would have told you that up front..but i didn't

Last edited by melvin; 01-27-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 PM
1-large-bob

Hey Robert
i think your on to something! I think you should start a thread on how many Comp?Arfs have come apart. I'd be really curious! Do it. And as far as me telling a person on the board that your jet shouldn't be allowed to fly. Either you were misinformed or you are a liar. I never said that; I said it shouldn't be allowed to fly behind the flight line. And you know what Robert if i had said that i would have told you that up front..but i didn't

Mel
At the MD flying I confronted u about u said yes I Did Tell the club.

We Had friends there that will confirm that.

I'm Also done on this Thead,
Hope your First Jet rally event is successful, I Really Do

Thanks
Robert Bernal
Old 01-25-2015, 08:11 PM
melvin

Sorry robert But i said yes to you that day that i did tell a board member that that your F-18 shouldn't be allowed to fly behind the flight line. You jumped to the conclusiom that i was trying to get yout jet banned intirely and that is simply not the case. If that was the case i WOULD NOT backstep now and say that it is perfectly fine for you to fly it now at fort Bend.If i had wanted your jet banned then, i would still want it banned now. But that is not the case..You can slam me on this website as much as you like i really don't care anymore. It's obvious and i knew this a long time ago that you are a vengeful person and when you don't get your way you will do and say anything to put a club or individual down.I am done with you!!

Last edited by melvin; 01-25-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:09 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Wow sorry to here you guys had a parting out, I have dealt with Both Bob and Melvin, both are nice folks. I hope you guys get it all straightened out as I enjoyed the first gathering and thought it was a good start. Anyway good luck to all, I will try to make at least 1 of the events.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:28 AM
melvin

Hi Everyone My apologys to all that have to read this this spat between Robert and myself I hope in no way does it detract from jet flyers attending our event .It's a great field with a lot of good people attending.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:41 AM
melvin

Hi Disco I really hope you can make it to both events!! Bomber Field is a great facility and so is Fort Bend. Hopefully you can make both even though it is a pretty good drive from Baton Rouge.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:51 PM
gotspg
My Feedback: (10)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	2068091  
Old 01-26-2015, 06:52 PM
gotspg

Plenty of runway for the jets!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:55 PM
gotspg

The jet rallies are stacking up in Houston!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:57 PM
melvin

Just found out that the county is going to resurface our runways this wednesday which will make it even smoother than what it is now! Should look brand new.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:57 PM
MudbugnTX

I was there this morning. The sweeping machine has already cleaned the runway and it is prepped for the resurface!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:54 PM
melvin

Man that is great news because the head guy for the county wasn't even aware that the county guys were ready to start the resurfacing! Hopefully the club will send out emails to the members stating the field will be closed down for two days.Runways will be reallllllly nice now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.