Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WOW Another Quad copter flying where it shouldn't

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

WOW Another Quad copter flying where it shouldn't

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 04:55 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
It appears that ZERO is taking this with a grain of salt and looking at it like it should be looked at. I heard him speak saying they shouldn't view this in an overblown manner, that these "drones" are a huge industry for the hobby stores and also are being used by farmers now etc.
Thats fine that hobby shops are getting rich but the AMA has taken them in with open arms and now has to defend stuff like this and worse yet if you look on U-tube there are FPV flyers taking film a mile away from them in full size aircract air space . . Sooner or later there will be a full size plane crash caused by one of these flying tables and AMA will again have to pay to protect my them and my nice rc plane hobby that we bother no one while we fly .
Old 01-27-2015, 04:56 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reports state he is a DOD staffer and he was drinking/drunk when it happened . Why is he not in jail or at least charged ? There are laws already on the books covering this(no fly zone for one) and I'm sure if it was a Joe six-pack who did this he would be in need of a lawyer by about noon today. Meanwhile the FAA and congress are trying to write new laws to restrict the entire hobby because of a few morons.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM
SushiHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Reports state he is a DOD staffer and he was drinking/drunk when it happened .
Famous last words to his friends before he took to the tx and spooled it up for took off: "Hey....watch this.....hold my beer".

Note: When you hear those words from someone near you, drop what your doing and just call 911 "Those few extra seconds do really count".

Last edited by SushiHunter; 01-28-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:24 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
LOL, Yeah, scarface could have used one and that dude wouldn't have been cut up in the bathtub with a chainsaw.
lol
Old 01-28-2015, 04:02 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks like one manufacture is stepping up to the plate, DJI no longer lets you fly its drones in Washington, DC

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/28/dji-drone-update-bars-washington-flights/?ncid=rss_truncated