Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ziroli turbinator engine question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ziroli turbinator engine question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:25 PM
p-40lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ziroli turbinator engine question

So l'am just about finished the build of this plane....here's the question l have the engine l have is a modellbau t-750...yes l know it is big the what the plane calls for so l know it has more thrust and is bigger then a p-70 or 80...should l still put the thrust angle as ziroli has it or change it to what shulman has done.. with what l believe is 5% more down...l have heard that the plane climbs at higher thrust with bigger engines....l also don't plane to fire wall the plane as the tank size is only 100 oz so l'll only be good for 6mins of air time...with a little to spare.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:11 PM
shepp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built mine as well and I had to increase the down thrust from what the plans called for. Another 4 or 5 degrees to prevent climbing at full throttle the mods shown by Chris smith on his thread seem about right for all the ARFs I've seen fly
Old 02-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5 degrees total. You should be good to go.