Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jets over Iroquois - Canada July 4th weekend 2015

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jets over Iroquois - Canada July 4th weekend 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 05:26 AM
Ken Park
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jets over Iroquois - Canada July 4th weekend 2015

Are you ready to run to the border to join in on the fun this summer?
This is a brand new event located just across the US Border at NY State (see map) - The airport has a 2000ft paved runway
RV camping and local hotels that are filling up fast

Come up and help us celebrate Canada Day on July 1st in nearby Ottawa our nations capital and then
stay for your own Independence Day by flying your Jets.

This event is open to both EDF and Turbines

So if you can't make it too JOK you may be closer to us up here in Canada

PS: EDF's are very welcomed - they should be of quality size/performance that can maintain the circuit with the other Turbines (ie example FG Habu 32 80mm and or 90mm/up fans - The smaller jets also welcome if enough will slot you your own time slots or saved for after hours
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JOIposter.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	2070377   Click image for larger version

Name:	USbordermapJOI.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	2070378  

Last edited by Ken Park; 02-08-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Ken,
Am most interested in attending your event and it fits well within my schedule. It appears that the travel time is about 3 hours, plus whatever delays in border crossing. I'll need to renew my US passport but there's plenty of time for that. Kindly PM me with suggested lodging and any other useful info. Looking forward to this brand new jet event in the northeast.
Rgds,
Art
Old 02-05-2015, 04:53 AM
Ken Park

Hi Art

The site is on the town's main park/airport and the park has a 65 unit RV campsite on the far left side - Last I heard there is still about 28 avail and going fast - The campsite units have both water/elect hookups - A main building with washrooms/showers
There is a very nice modern place just 10min drive from Iroquois in Morrisburg called the McIntosh Inn - They gave us a group rate of 99$ cdn a night - Tell them your there for Jets over Iroquois - But again rooms are going fast as that weekend has 2 wedding etc already booked.

you can find almost all the local accomodations under the local municipality web site www.southdundas.com

http://www.mcintoshcountryinn.com/

Name:	IroquoisCampfees2014.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	2070623  
Attached Files

Last edited by Ken Park; 02-05-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:33 AM
Ken Park

Hi Art

Nice to hear from NY State - Is there any regular Jet events that you attend located in your neck of the woods?

Last edited by Ken Park; 02-05-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Ken Park

Man the JOI team is now firing on all cylinders! - Glenn Mitchell a great guy and one of the hardest working guys in team has got our poster ourt and now the event is set up and running on

RC Flightdeck - Thanks Glenn

This is great web site for managing RC events - So even if have already indicated you are comming on here can you take the time to register with RC Flightdeck - There is a registration fee of 25$ indicated but we prefer if you pay that at the event when you get there - I think you need to select attending

http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_de...?event_id=3516

Cheers
Ken
Old 02-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Art ARRO

Ken,
My 2015 Highland Jets event is scheduled for July 17-19th in Frankfort, NY, about a 3 hour drive from Iroquois, Ont. I'll be creating a poster and have it up on the club website shortly: www.mvfirebirds.com.
Canucks are most welcome.
Rgds,
Art
Old 02-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Ken Park

Nice

Started building my first turbine this winter with the latest newest version of the Reaction 54 balsa kit - just got the fuse to finish att - hope to glass/paint as well - Don't know when I'll have it ready to maiden but have some 90mm DF stuff I could bring if not ready in July
EDF allowed?

Ken

Originally Posted by Art ARRO
Ken,
My 2015 Highland Jets event is scheduled for July 17-19th in Frankfort, NY, about a 3 hour drive from Iroquois, Ont. I'll be creating a poster and have it up on the club website shortly: www.mvfirebirds.com.
Canucks are most welcome.
Rgds,
Art
Old 02-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Art ARRO

Ken,
EDF's are permitted but must takeoff and land on our 2800' x 60' paved runway-no bungee or hand launches.

Reaction 54 is a great 1st jet and several of them have participated in our 2013 and 2014 events. You'll need your MAAC Turbine Operators Certificate to fly solo, otherwise Buddy Box OK.

I've booked my accommodations at the McIntosh Inn for Fri /Sat nights. Looking forward to it.
Rgds,
Art
Old 02-11-2015, 04:49 AM
Ken Park

News News News

Just heard from Peter Ayache of Altcare RC - Said he would be attending and will be glad to help sponsor the event with some wonderful swag that sure to be of great interest for all the attending pilots.

Thanks Peter! your support is greatly appreciated.

Please take some time and check out Altecare RC
Old 02-17-2015, 04:49 AM
Ken Park

Direct support for the Iroquois Community!

Jets over Iroquois has partnered up with Iroquois-Matilda Lions Club who will be on site for the entire day Saturday 9am-5pm - Starting with Coffee/Tea-muffins etc and then going into your basic BBQ - Hamburgs, hotdogs and Sausage, Lots of water and softdrinks

All part of the Win-Win thinking that will make this a great event for everyone!

Cheers
Ken Park
Old 02-19-2015, 04:56 AM
Ken Park

Happy to proclaim KingTech Turbines has announced its support for JOI

KingTech Canada
Bill Harper
905-327-8588
[email protected]

Bill said he be glad to get the event some Turbine Oil for our raffle or prize table!

We hope Bill can join us this year - Thank-you KingTech

Name:	kt_oil_b.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	2074633  
Old 02-23-2015, 05:46 AM
Ken Park

Hi Guys

Wow got a phone call from a pilot last night from Jeff L of Columbia CT USA saying he's excited about coming back to Canada to fly jets! - A long time and good friend of Jeff Daly he said he hadn't been up here since the old days of the Belleville

Jeff L will be flying a Snowbird

I told him make sure you come early and see Ottawa for Canada Day - Looks like a good number have taken advantage of the group 99$ rate and have booked into the McIntosh Country Inn. Can't say enough about booking early there

Iam so thrilled that Pilots/Families who had such a fond & wonderful connection with the original Bellville event want to pick it up exactly where the old event left off and re-connect with old flying buds.

PS: Jeff D if ya got an old photo of Jeff L we would all love to see it! - Anyone who's got old shots of Bellevile lets see them

Cheers
Ken
Old 02-23-2015, 06:06 AM
Art ARRO

Ken,
Yes, Jeff L. and I also spoke together on attending JOI in July. We look forward to flying jets in that cool Canadian air. I know that Jeff L. has some neat photos of his CARF Snowbird and I have to dig thru my gallery for some Belleville shots. I attended, and flew, at 18 of the 20+ jet events at the Bay of Quinte (Belleville) Jet Rally, back in the day. I also authored several articles on the event for RCJI magazine. Great times with good people and hope to revisit them at JOI.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 02-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Ken Park

Hi Art

When there you should meet up with our pro Photo guy Larry Ingram who will be planted on the flight line with his big lenses - Larry loves the action and has been published many times - So if your authoring an article Larry is our event photographer

https://picasaweb.google.com/114565060647135800760
Old 02-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Art ARRO

Hi Ken,
I viewed some of Larry's photo gallery and the shots are superb-I'll consider him for inflight shots if he's available. I'll also speak with RCJI at the Toledo Expo to determine if they're interested in an JOI article.
Back when I authored the Belleville articles, there were very few jet rallies held in N. America.
Feel free to contact me directly via PM if you have any questions or concerns on hosting this inaugural event. Also, contact Jeff D. as he represents JPO in eastern CA. Jeff L. is also the CD for N. England Jet Rally held in mid-August. We have many years of cumulative jet event experience to share.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 02-24-2015, 04:29 AM
Ken Park

Default our JOI group

Hi Art

Our JOI working group for this event is

Brent Norman - MAAC Zone G Jet rep
Jeff Daly - JPO
Dave Penchuk
Glenn Mitchel
Larry Ingram

We got a great team I was very lucky to have all this talent so close to Ottawa

Originally Posted by Art ARRO
Hi Ken,
I viewed some of Larry's photo gallery and the shots are superb-I'll consider him for inflight shots if he's available. I'll also speak with RCJI at the Toledo Expo to determine if they're interested in an JOI article.
Back when I authored the Belleville articles, there were very few jet rallies held in N. America.
Feel free to contact me directly via PM if you have any questions or concerns on hosting this inaugural event. Also, contact Jeff D. as he represents JPO in eastern CA. Jeff L. is also the CD for N. England Jet Rally held in mid-August. We have many years of cumulative jet event experience to share.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 02-24-2015, 06:06 AM
Art ARRO

Ken,
It looks like you have a great team assembled for your event. Just hope/pray for fair weather. I look forward to attending and have spread the word among some local jet pilots.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 02-28-2015, 09:39 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ken Park
PS: Jeff D if ya got an old photo of Jeff L we would all love to see it! - Anyone who's got old shots of Bellevile lets see them
Old Bay of Quinte Jets pictures:
http://rcairgallery.com/rcairgallery...yOfQuinteJets/
http://rcairgallery.com/rcairgallery...ets-A.Coholic/

And here be Jeff L.
http://rcairgallery.com/rcairgallery...ts.011.jpg.php

...jim
Old 03-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Ken Park

Hi Jim

Nice trip down memory lane - Wow was amazed seeing those Voodoo's
Old 03-25-2015, 03:53 AM
Ken Park

Doug Boyle sent us this nice message!

Schedule is looking good for Mike and I to attend Ken.

I should have some Skymaster Gift Certificates for your event prize table.
Skymaster North American Dealer, Jet Central North America Dealer, Power Box Systems and Cortex Gyros.

http://jetnorthjets.com/

Last edited by Ken Park; 03-25-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:38 AM
Ken Park

Hi guys

We went down on Saturday May 9th and did a dry run at the Iroquois airport and did some test flying - Jeff Daly fly his BVM Super Bandit and we found it takes up lots of space and has large circuit - He was easily over the St Lawerence river and over the golf course but was very
high over these area's - There is a small public beach at one end and is strictly a NO FLY ZONE - We found Jeff was never over this beach - I on the other hand had a 90mm EDF and found I easily was turning before getting to the Beach so again this worked great!
We have two big thumbs up from the Local South Dundas Mayor and airport manager. I put together a bit of a video to give people an idea of what we got at Iroquois

https://vimeo.com/127406746
Old 05-11-2015, 04:26 AM
Ken Park

UPDATE on RV campers and 5thwheels-campers

Leason learned from Saturday is that park field will not support a RVcamper or 5thwheel campers its very spongy and your likely to sink over time on it. The township is very aware of the field conditions from past experience and say the only location for RV stuff is the Camping area on far left side.

You need to contact Admin Assistant Lea Anne Munro (613 652-2506) - There is overflow camping spots and she requires a deposit 1 month before the date of the event

Lea Ann Munro
Admin Assistant
Municipality of South Dundas
34 Ottawa St / PO Box 740
Morrisburg ON
KOC 1XO
Old 06-25-2015, 06:06 AM
Ken Park

NEWS Flash This just in! " TEAM GREAT HOBBIES"
The Ottawa area has always had great support from "TEAM GREAT HOBBIES" and Jets Over Iroquois event will have a special plaque given out for anyone who actually fly's at this event.
So as soon as you have had your first flight at JOI you are required to get you plaque
This the JOI ACE Award sponsored by GREAT HOBBIES
Old 06-30-2015, 04:16 AM
Ken Park

Pilots Area Parking

We are going to put up signs " Pilots Parking Only" on the little trail thats just off Bay St
Pilots should come on down get unloaded then get parked just off the lane marked in Black
This is for everyone working also.

The Pilots Registration Tent will be near the unloading area also

Pilots Briefing 9am Saturday - See ya there!

Name:	JOIparking.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	572.5 KB
ID:	2106552  
Old 06-30-2015, 05:10 AM
Art ARRO

Hi Ken,
My ETA for JOI is Friday noon plus any delays in border crossing or traffic. I'm crossing over at Thousand Islands and proceeding up 401. Other Yank pilots are bushwacking through the Adirondacks and may arrive a bit later. Looking forward to the event and meeting you.
Rgds,
Art ARRO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.