Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic BAT 60 and BAT 64 USA release.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic BAT 60 and BAT 64 USA release.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Weatronic BAT 60 and BAT 64 USA release.

Dear all.
We have been testing Firmware 6.03 for a few weeks now in the USA and in the Middle-East in all kinds of configurations and environmental situation.
The radio as of today is bug free and ready for sell.
Note that we have put together over 1500 hours of continuous RF stage testing on 4 different transmitter with Tiny, Clever, Smart, Micro and Gizmo receivers and never recorded even a drop in the RF link quality.
We can now confirm that the RF stage link is as robust and unchanged from the Weatronic system that we have been flying and testing for over 5 years now.
The RF link database is available here:
http://www.ultimate-jets.net/blogs/w...-link-database

The transmitters features one of the biggest color LCD touch scree non the market and is built in tow stages. The RF link board is virtually unchanged from the DV4 system.
The OS board is running on dual core processor and features a 32 bit ARM processor operating on LINUX. A programming wizard is available and renders the initial steps of a model creation extremely easy.
The radio OS can be controlled via Wifi and programming can be done from a PC additionally to the radio screen.

The radio is able to handle up to 64 channels ( functions as called by Weatronic ) through 3 receivers plugged on the radio and receiving the RF commands in parallel.
Each receiver on the range is featuring true dual parallel RF link and is built in two symmetrical parallel system. Each system has its own antenna and its own receiver stage multiplexing to the servo output.
The biggest receiver in the line can output up to 30 servos simultaneously and features 8 voltage regulators in parallel powering 8 power banks with current and voltage protection for each line.

A full telemetry system is available with user configurable voice output. Sensors supported are GPS and Link vario. Link vario allows to plug pitot tube, temperature sensors, current/ voltage sensors.
ASSI compatibility will be available in future release.

The system is available in 4 different colors and includes several options.

Black

Silver

White

Blue

Different switch are available as well as stick length.
A specific ergonomics program was conducted by us and and additional set of unique rocker switch and sliders is available only for the US customers.
Similarly our customers can enjoy a distinctive program retro-fitting the lower casing with a carbon fiber enclosure:

A full product description is available here:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...60-transmitter
Old 02-08-2015, 11:22 AM
olnico

A couple of pictures of the ergonomics option.

The ergo rocker switches.
They are designed to offer a clearly differentiated tactile feedback. This is achieved by creating a ball extension with two different lengths.

The upper and lower balls are offset by the width of the index.
This makes the access to the rocker switch very easy.

The rocker switch can be operated from the ball ( pushing, pulling ) or from the base ( pushing the switch base for outwards motion, pushing the ball base inwards motion)

The option also comes with an extended reach slider.
It has got a knurled top that also offer 3 holes housing a socket head for a better grabbing effect if required. The lower tab is also knurled and a lot more prominent than the original slider.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:48 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great Oli. Can you describe the receiver/power distribution options? And how the new 3 axis stabilizers could be integrated?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2015, 10:20 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Looks great Oli. Can you describe the receiver/power distribution options? And how the new 3 axis stabilizers could be integrated?

Thanks
The only receivers with integrated power distribution systems are the Gizmo series.
These are available in 22 and 30 servo output.
The Gizmo has got 8 high power voltage regulators with integrated line monitoring. Current capacity is 40 Amps total, 80 amps peak.
Each regulator output is split into a dedicated power bus that supplies up to 4 servos. The voltage output can be modified by software independently for each regulator ( ie all 4 servos plugged on this power bus ).
Line monitoring will cut the power supply to the power bus in case of a line shortcut ( max 4 servos lost ).

Multiplexing the channels into the servo outputs is done with a large graphic interface on the transmitter screen or on a laptop ( any OS will work as long as an internet browser is available as the radio is accessed via an IP address ).

The receivers are available with up to 3 integrated gyros. They can be assigned to any direction and programming is done via the same graphic interface as above. Dynamic gain ( assigned to the axis stick deflection ) is programmable as well as variable gain ( knob ) or fixed value.
As the radio can handle up to 64 channels/ functions the way the gain is controlled is almost only restricted by the programmer's imagination. Virtual functions with logical operations will be available. For example: gear up & flaps up & flight mode 3D true = fixed gain gyro 75% on pitch, 50% on rudder, 30% on ailerons...

Note that the gyros will be supported in firmware 6.04 which is expected end of April.

I have created a set of professional user manuals for these very comprehensive equipments. It is available on the download section of the product page and is updated on a regular basis.
http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...c-gizmo-series

Last edited by olnico; 02-08-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Lance Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last Spring I updated all my firmwares to the latest versions.
In considering the move to the new transmitter, can the Gizmo receiver receive on both the old transmitter / module combination, and the new Weatronic transmitter (obviously only one at a time)?

Reason I ask, as I can see while setting up the new transmitter, it would be nice as confirmation, to want to turn off the new transmitter, turn on the old one that a person has been flying on, to confirm settings, range of travels, mixes etc., then go back to the new one, and make sure you've got it setup correctly, to mirror the previous setup.

By the way, really looking forward to the new transmitter. If the transmitter has the same depth of abilities that you can do on the receivers, it should make for an extremely capable combination.

Thanks,
Lance

Last edited by Lance Campbell; 02-09-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:38 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Lance Campbell
Last Spring I updated all my firmwares to the latest versions.
In considering the move to the new transmitter, can the Gizmo receiver receive on both the old transmitter / module combination, and the new Weatronic transmitter (obviously only one at a time)?

Lance
Unfortunately not. You have to load a different firmware every time you want to switch from a DV4 system to a BAT system and vice-versa.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Lance Campbell

Thanks. Not that it's a big deal, but good to know for planning the migration.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Oli,

May be time for me to upgrade from my 14MZ. When will you have the 64 available? Web site says sold out.

David S
Old 02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
olnico

Hi David.
We are getting our first 64 in now.
There is a long waiting list on the tray type. 3 months delivery from order time. European modellers are going nuts about the 64 and Weatronic cannot follow up with supply.
I prefer to mark it as sold out and take orders manually.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:09 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

David it is a nice radio. I just fondled it at the AMA show, I may ask for one for Valentine's.

I especially liked the cams on the sticks. Good feel
Old 02-10-2015, 11:44 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by mr_matt

I especially liked the cams on the sticks. Good feel
Yep, it is the most achieved stick system I have ever seen. I love the responsiveness and precision of it. When you see the strength of the aluminum structure of the gimbals, you understand why...
Old 02-10-2015, 07:21 PM
roger.alli

Hi Oli,

Does the current Bat 60/64 firm ware include data logging yet?? If not, any idea when this capability will be in-cooperated. The Giga control Nav View function was one feature that really set Weatronic apart from the others..

Roger
Old 02-10-2015, 09:31 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by roger.alli
Hi Oli,

Does the current Bat 60/64 firm ware include data logging yet?? If not, any idea when this capability will be in-cooperated. The Giga control Nav View function was one feature that really set Weatronic apart from the others..

Roger
Yes, the radio is writing .log files in its memory. These can be accessed via the file browser. BUT the software required to read them is made by a third party business and not ready yet.
This will be a PC compatible standalone program.
Release will be independent of the firmware schedule.
It was due out in January, but no news about it yet.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:35 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Having been away for some weeks, (in the Antarctic !) I am now home and getting to grips with my BAT 60.

I tried for several hours yesterday to load the new firmware, 6.03 with no success.

After speaking to Reinhard it seems my computer was dumping the GZ suffix after automatically unarchiving, the file which would not then load. That was on my MAC.

Downloading the new firmware on my HP PC and ensuring that it was NOT opened, thus retaining the GZ suffix, when transferred to the USB stick, all was well, the download proceed correctly.

Might save others a LOT of frustration.

Regards,

David.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:31 AM
fireblade5437

Hi David

Hope your well.

Just ordered my BAT 60..

Alan

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Having been away for some weeks, (in the Antarctic !) I am now home and getting to grips with my BAT 60.

I tried for several hours yesterday to load the new firmware, 6.03 with no success.

After speaking to Reinhard it seems my computer was dumping the GZ suffix after automatically unarchiving, the file which would not then load. That was on my MAC.

Downloading the new firmware on my HP PC and ensuring that it was NOT opened, thus retaining the GZ suffix, when transferred to the USB stick, all was well, the download proceed correctly.

Might save others a LOT of frustration.

Regards,

David.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:31 PM
olnico

Dear all.
I have published a programming guide.
This is a practical step-by-step guide taking you through the programming for both Wizard and non Wizard processes.

It is available in the download section of the product page:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...60-transmitter
http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...64-transmitter
Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 AM
olnico

Revision 3 of the programming guide is out.
It includes a full set of color schematics and flow charts as well as a complete set of hyperlinks for faster cross reference.
This manual is written to professional aero standards.

http://www.geohei.lu/olin/data/model...%20rev%203.pdf
Old 03-03-2015, 11:12 AM
fireblade5437

Hi Oli

Looks good, are these 'extra pages' just added on the end etc or have you altered any of the pages from previous version.

Have been rumbled by the wife she noticed me downloading your manual and asked the now famous question 'What have you brought now?' Not telling her the price she went upstairs on her ipad googled it and sent me a txt... one in a million very lucky she lets me get away with a lot!

Alan
Old 03-03-2015, 11:17 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by fireblade5437
Hi Oli

Looks good, are these 'extra pages' just added on the end etc or have you altered any of the pages from previous version.

Have been rumbled by the wife she noticed me downloading your manual and asked the now famous question 'What have you brought now?' Not telling her the price she went upstairs on her ipad googled it and sent me a txt... one in a million very lucky she lets me get away with a lot!

Alan
Tell her the price is in Roubles!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:19 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by fireblade5437

Alan
I have altered/ complemented most of the text.
When the manual is "stable" I will add a vertical bar on the left side of the text when doing an update, just like I do on all my other manuals.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:27 AM
fireblade5437

Thanks..
Old 06-29-2015, 07:13 AM
olnico

New features just got introduced with the new firmware release:

• comprehensive sequencer (up to 12 sequencer programmable)
  • now you can assign up to 13 flight modes per model (10 so far)
  • the flight modes devide into 5 master and 3 combination switches
  • "Return to Home" function by pushing the on/off button in the menus - all settings will be saved automatically
  • dimming of the display by pushing the on/off buttons only on your home screen
  • adjustment of auto lock ("Time to Lock") and "Auto Dimm" of the screen
  • improved curve editing
  • additional overview of your functions with a list view of Flex Rate/ Flex Expo/ Differential and FMO (Flight Mode Offset)
  • improved functionality of the rotary encoders
  • timer with spoken countdown
  • lists could be rearranged (for ex. the function list)
  • reverse option also for virtual switches
  • implementation of a "flight mode switch" - assign single flight modes to trigger the voice output, timer, etc. similar to a virtual switch
  • more flexible allocation of switch settings: center position, end position and combinations choosable - visualised by a graphic
  • ad your model pictures
  • Bluetooth for SkyNavi and Android
  • enhancement of the user interface

Bluetooth will enable us to connect the transmitter to the Jet Head Up display very soon...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-rc-pilot.html
Old 06-29-2015, 07:41 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds great Oli.

What is the wait time for a transmitter now (tray)?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-29-2015, 12:19 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Great BUT we urgently need Nav View and gyro system control !

I think, too, a BAT 60/64 workshop at Jet Power would be very welcome and well attended.

David.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:15 PM
roger.alli

Originally Posted by olnico
Yes, the radio is writing .log files in its memory. These can be accessed via the file browser. BUT the software required to read them is made by a third party business and not ready yet.
This will be a PC compatible standalone program.
Release will be independent of the firmware schedule.
It was due out in January, but no news about it yet.
I am with David here..

The brilliance of the Wea system, (pre Bat days ) was 1), comprehensive telemetry with Data Logging, 2) Receivers with built in components like gyros. As I see it the current Bat system is inferior to my DV4/Gigacontrol.

Why oh why can these core functions not be incorporated into the Bat firmware. Yet they can spend resources on developing ad your model picture or improved curve editing ??

Again, it seems that Weatronics is messing about, promising but not delivering. Non of the enhanced functions you describe above will induce me to upgrade.

I dont mean to be negative here Oli, but you must see that without data logging, and access to Gyros (which are in the Rxs already), the system has big short comings. Am I missing something here??

Roger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.