Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

anyone got a bvm cougar yet?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

anyone got a bvm cougar yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
bluescoobydoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone got a bvm cougar yet?

can anyone who has a bvm/JL cougar post some pictures please, what is your opinion of it quality wise?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am getting the VT Navy training squadron one. The latest update-->It is painted and assembled but the Chinese New Year is upon us, so they install of radio/electronics and pneumatics will follow after the holiday. Hope this helps.

John
Old 02-11-2015, 01:08 PM
bluescoobydoo

are they installing everything in it for you ?
Old 02-11-2015, 05:46 PM
patrnflyr

It's PNP so yes all but turbine receiver and batteries.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:48 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Well Dustin at BVM was flying it pretty much nonstop for 4 days at Best In The West here in CA last October. You could certainly call him. He is a straight shooter and will be able to tell you a lot am sure.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:57 AM
patrnflyr

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
I am getting the VT Navy training squadron one. The latest update-->It is painted and assembled but the Chinese New Year is upon us, so they install of radio/electronics and pneumatics will follow after the holiday. Hope this helps.

John
I have been hearing the "Chinese New Year" for years as a reason for late shipping, etc. Not just for RC planes, but car parts, tools and essentially anything from the Pacific Rim. Well, I finally looked up the dates of 2015 and it just started on the 19th of February and ends on the 5th of March. I've never seen so much hype for a holiday with regards to being off. The whole world comments about the US not taking enough time off for a holiday, but I think those dates listed are just on paper. It appears that it just last at least a month or more? I put this on the BVM thread, but not related, just curious. Some countries take off 8 weeks for "holiday" Heck, I can remember when Mejlik props were unavailable for order for 2 whole months due to "holiday" I sure wish the US would do something like this!

Add the West Coast shut down of anything coming by boat and you have a real slow down of our economy. I know the companies would love to get their products so they could complete sales and generate some $$
Old 02-21-2015, 07:58 AM
bluescoobydoo

has anyone got one delivered yet?
Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 AM
husafreak

FWIW I lived with these extended shut downs when I lived overseas and it is just the way they do it. In Europe most businesses seem shut down the whole month of August. In China it is going on now. The US is great because you can get anything at anytime.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:02 AM
patrnflyr

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
has anyone got one delivered yet?
Mine was one of the first ones ordered...
Old 02-21-2015, 09:06 AM
husafreak

AMA magazine cover shot this month must have gotten you fired up! It is a beauty, I am building the SM Cougar now, got it from BVM, took 12 weeks.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:44 AM
patrnflyr

Has anybody made a video of the BVM Cougar at Florida Jets? I saw many still pics of them but have missed a video. Would appreciate it...
Old 03-11-2015, 11:47 AM
bluescoobydoo

Chinese new year is over now any news of availability yet? seen bvm flying it but no one has one yet
Old 03-11-2015, 12:17 PM
jsnipes

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

There were two for sale at FJ. One was bought (orange/red) and I think the red/white one was still available on Saturday. It may still be available if you call BVM.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:40 PM
bluescoobydoo

postage to uk would be out of this world so I will have to wait until they are available here plus paying bvm to be a middle man on what is already a good kit is not something I will ever do
Old 03-11-2015, 12:51 PM
jsnipes

Oh geez ...here we go.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:26 PM
patrnflyr

Originally Posted by jsnipes
There were two for sale at FJ. One was bought (orange/red) and I think the red/white one was still available on Saturday. It may still be available if you call BVM.
Mine is already purchased. Just waiting a little bit after the Chinese New Year. They've offered me the red/white one first but I want something that I can relate to.

Yes, the continual attacks on BVM are really getting old. Actually, there's about 5-7 continual posters that I think I'm going to place on "ignore"! Between these and the Fl Jets crash, it's no wonder the RCU Jets participation is down.

I'm getting the VT-26 version which was flown in south Texas at the Beeville, Kingsville and Corpus Christi campus. I was stationed there many times (but medical) and was around its replacement, the T-2, TA-4 and T-45. Had a lot of fun around the Airedales.

Last edited by patrnflyr; 03-12-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:19 PM
jsnipes

That will be awesome! They sure look great in the air!

I received my F-16 just BEFORE the holiday, thankfully. Hope yours arrives soon!

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
Mine is already purchased. Just waiting a little bit after the Chinese New Year. They've offered me the red/white one first but I want something that I can relate to.

I'm getting the VT-27 version which was flown in south Texas at the Beeville, Kingsville and Corpus Christi campus. I was stationed there many times (but medical) and was around its replacement, the T-2, TA-4 and T-45. Had a lot of fun around the Airedales.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:54 AM
patrnflyr

It was with VT -26 not -27. Corrected in the upper post. By the time I was there in the 80's and early 90's, the Cougars were "park trophies" with nothing flying. The last Tour I did was when they were checking in the T-45 system.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2080918  

Last edited by patrnflyr; 03-12-2015 at 09:56 AM.