Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend F-22 Raptor and rudder deflection?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend F-22 Raptor and rudder deflection?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 AM
rossi63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetlegend F-22 Raptor and rudder deflection?

I'm almost ready with my Jetlegend f-22 and wonder how much rudder deflection people use? Flaps, ailerons, rudders and taileron. Is it best to just fly with tailerons or aileron and taileron? Several flight mode? I have read one place that people fly with ailerons and taileron during take off and landing and only taileron during normal flight.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 205 Likes on 145 Posts

On my raptor I don't know the exact numbers and i'm not at home to measure. Rudders have about 25mm of movement and I don't use the rudders as it causes too much pitch or roll. I have it mixed out but if you get to the extremes it does not behave well. Mine has tailerons and there is a significant amount of deflection. Remember i'm guessing at this point but probably a few inches each way on tailerons. Mine does not have Ailerons or flaps.

I have a friend who has the same jet and uses ailerons and they don't preform very well but they are useable. The Flaps on his 22 are useful as they help during landing phase. On my 22 I have a mix to bring both rudders together to act as a brake and have some down elevator mixed in to help slow it down.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:33 AM
rossi63

Ok. So if I have +- 50mm deflection when applying elevator is control surface moving more or less when applying aileron? I have a JR11x and my Raptor is set to delta mix.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 PM
DornierJet
My Feedback: (91)

Ugh.. I just botched landing today. Misjudged distance and ended up hitting a tree. Oddly the jet is perfectly fine aft of the joint. It's repairable but going to be a lot of work. What are the odds of being able to get a front half of the fuse from JL?