Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Were do you buy your jet accessories

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Were do you buy your jet accessories

Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry mike didnt even see you as the op.

I have done the same thing and just thought it wasnt smart. I would spend 3000 dollars on a plane and then buy a 8 dollar switch to power it with.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:27 AM
skippyc5
My Feedback: (244)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DreamWorks and BVM, BOTH OFFER GREAT SERVICE!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:42 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dreamworks and McMaster Carr. The customer service that I have consistently received from Dreamworks has been nothing short of fantastic. Their inventory control seems very accurate and everything ships very quickly. On the rare occasion that I've had an issue, I've simply called them up, explained my problem and they've always offered a resolution that I've been 100% satisfied with. Good people and at the very top of my preferred vendor list.

McMaster Carr has been really good too. Lots of different hardware and valves that I've been able to use in my jets. Great customer service as well. On a couple of my orders I accidentally entered my credit card information incorrectly. Since I had ordered from them before, they went ahead and shipped my order, without receiving payment and then contacted me to ask for the correct payment information. Pretty unusual in this day and age to actually trust your customer enough to go ahead and ship their order prior to receiving payment.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:01 AM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
I can tell you where you can get the best air fill valves that have been tested for years and years for about $1 each.
get a new valve for a car wheel remove the rubber from the bottom and solder on a barb and wire on your air line they are the best you will get, I have tried the others and as you say they are not the best, this gives you the best for the cheapest price
A friend of mine joined us with the jets about three years ago. This is what he uses for his fill valve, a Robart quick-disconnect with the check valve. He just lets it lay inside his fuse. Has no problems so far with them.....

Larry/Instructor
Old 02-14-2015, 11:21 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dreamworks. Todd and his crew are the best in the business.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:26 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've used dreamworks and like their service, but have to say that their shipping rates for international orders is horrendous!!!

I've not ordered from them many a time because I only need a few items and the shipping cost was out of control. They should allow the option of just normal USPS rates for those who don't mind waiting. I would buy more from them if they did!

thanks

dave
Old 02-15-2015, 02:46 PM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

Give Liny an email with what you want and ask her to send it snail mail I do it regularly no probs they don't like doing it with high value orders because there is no insurance.
Cheers
Mav
Old 02-16-2015, 06:42 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Originally Posted by ticketec
I've used dreamworks and like their service, but have to say that their shipping rates for international orders is horrendous!!!

I've not ordered from them many a time because I only need a few items and the shipping cost was out of control. They should allow the option of just normal USPS rates for those who don't mind waiting. I would buy more from them if they did!

thanks

dave
Dave,
Please be aware: shipping options and costs displayed on our website are fed directly from UPS and USPS servers based on package weight and destination. WE don't charge for shipping, orders are processed for free. We also offer usps parcel post shipping option for international customers, this option should be displayed during the checkout process on our website!? Please note that this method offers no insurance and you must accept (and confirm acceptance) of full responsibility for the shipment should it be lost or damaged in transit. We can't insure or trace parcel post shipments!
Todd
Old 02-16-2015, 09:22 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, Dreamworks on almost every single post. They must be doing something very right!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:33 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

A Question arose yesterday from a customer which I indeed failed to make clear in my previous post..... All shipping quotes displayed on our website (with the exception of First Class International), which are fed from from the USPS/UPS API rate calculator, include insurance and delivery confirmation services.
If there is ever a question regarding shipping rates or methods, just call 386-852-4793 or email [email protected] for assistance.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:52 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks mate,

Wasn't trying to say you guys were price gouging on the shipping, but the go fast shipping with insurance was the only option that came up. I wanted to order 2 festo fuel filters some time ago and shipping for 2 of them came up as $27 not including the cost of the items!! But if it's all sorted then that's great.

in my somewhat extensive experience receiving items for the US, normal USPS shipping is only a day or 2 slower than the first priority options anyways so don't see the point in paying so much more.

If I need it quick I order local, if I need it cheap, I order from overseas.

thanks

dave
Old 02-19-2015, 07:03 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
I usually just go into my crashed jets parts bin. There seems to always be plenty of stuff available there.
funny you say that, went into my RC stash the other day looking for a servo, and noticed I probably have enough parts to make a spare F-16!

Cool, but tragic!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I get pneumatic connectors (very similar to Festos) from Poweraire.com. I have had such great luck with these that I no longer use metal or plastic "T" fittings in the pneumatic plumbing. Good stuff at a reasonable price.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:56 PM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

Steve, Those appear to be some very nice fittings. Think I'm going to check out a few. Thanks for the info. Keith
Old 02-20-2015, 06:36 AM
BlueBus320

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
I can tell you where you can get the best air fill valves that have been tested for years and years for about $1 each.
get a new valve for a car wheel remove the rubber from the bottom and solder on a barb and wire on your air line they are the best you will get, I have tried the others and as you say they are not the best, this gives you the best for the cheapest price
Sounds interesting, any chance you can elaborate, Maybe a pic? What's a "barb and wire"?
Old 02-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Steve, Those appear to be some very nice fittings. Think I'm going to check out a few. Thanks for the info. Keith

Careful, you may never use brass or plastic air fittings again!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 158 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Collins
I get pneumatic connectors (very similar to Festos) from Poweraire.com. I have had such great luck with these that I no longer use metal or plastic "T" fittings in the pneumatic plumbing. Good stuff at a reasonable price.
So I'm assuming that your also using their polyurethane tubing for a perfect fit?
Old 02-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by BlueBus320
Sounds interesting, any chance you can elaborate, Maybe a pic? What's a "barb and wire"?
Here's some photos of commonly used "barbed" fittings used in our jets, and a couple of samples of "wire" on barbed fittings. See the "Barb" on the ends? Some barbed fittings have multiple barbs, like the ones on the JetCat valves shown in the next to last photo.
The wire is .020 or .025 stainless steel safety wire. The safety wire secures the tubing to the barbed fitting, and will help prevent leaks.