Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

spektrum telemetry for xicoy ecu is here

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

spektrum telemetry for xicoy ecu is here

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Lucien G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Andy,

As a Xicoy user, I appreciate that you have renamed the engine telemetry to just "Turbine"... :-))

But my actual question: are you perhaps considering to add a second set of engine telemetry data to allow us twin engine flyers to monitor the two engines?
You can imagine, that on a twin engine plane it can be more important to have engine data and alarms available, especially if the engines are further away from the center line.

BR,
Lucien.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:14 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi Lucien,

We have had several requests for multiple throttles and duplicate telemetry sensors. This is something we have considered. It also requires the sensor interface (the Xicoy box, or any appropriate sensor for that matter) to be able to have multiple addresses, which is something Gaspar would do. Since he has the spec, he knows what he needs to do to support that. The protocol was designed to support this, but we have not yet allowed the transmitter side to support duplicate devices. As to whether that will happen, because it would be a new feature "I can neither confirm nor deny" would have to be my reply.

Andy
Old 04-20-2015, 11:40 PM
rossi63

Put me down on the JR DMSS request list.

Rossi
Old 04-21-2015, 05:43 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rossi63
Put me down on the JR DMSS request list.

Rossi
Email Gaspar directly!!!!

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-04-2015, 09:52 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any word on adding the fuel alarm on future airware updates??
Old 05-05-2015, 07:11 AM
AndyKunz

What more are you asking for beyond the reply in post 12?

Andy
Old 05-05-2015, 07:52 AM
bri6672

Sorry Andy, I'm not sure how I missed that!! Thanks for the update! I'm giving mine a go this weekend and will try the fuel system alarm!
Old 05-07-2015, 03:24 AM
luv2flyrc

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bri6672
Sorry Andy, I'm not sure how I missed that!! Thanks for the update! I'm giving mine a go this weekend and will try the fuel system alarm!
There's no fuel system alarm yet with Spektrum. You have to wait for the next update for the feature to be available.

Mike
Old 05-07-2015, 05:31 AM
bri6672

So the newest version of airware does not have it?? Andy, any idea on that?
Old 05-07-2015, 06:36 AM
luv2flyrc

Originally Posted by bri6672
So the newest version of airware does not have it?? Andy, any idea on that?
The current (latest version) shows the fuel capacity but, does not have the ability to put an alarm on it.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:56 AM
Quandry

Got my Xicoy interface running. Haven't had a chance to use it with the wet weather we've been having but it's ready to rock anyways!!

I notice that the status says 'undefined'. I can't recall seeing that when I had my P20 jetcat sensor operational. Is the status defined in the TX, ECU, or just a kink to be worked out of the system? my ecu is Kingtech 100.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:02 AM
bri6672

I'm hoping the status will shown the info from the GSU, (low stick, ready, burner on etc....) then I could eliminate the GSU for startups!!!
Old 05-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Fly Mower

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the JR DMSS Satellite Cable will work with this unit rather than the dedicated Spectrum Xbus extension lead??

I'm struggling to source a Spectrum lead and the JR Satellite lead looks identical - I would really appreciate it if anyone can confirm either way..!
Old 05-11-2015, 02:08 AM
Quandry

Originally Posted by Fly Mower
Does anyone know if the JR DMSS Satellite Cable will work with this unit rather than the dedicated Spectrum Xbus extension lead??

I'm struggling to source a Spectrum lead and the JR Satellite lead looks identical - I would really appreciate it if anyone can confirm either way..!
From pictures it looks pretty similar.

If not then you may have more luck searching by the Spektrum part number: SPMA9579 for the 6 inch option.

In case it's any use, I got mine here: http://www.modelheliservices.com/cgi...7.html#SID=137
Old 05-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Lucien G

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Hi Lucien,

We have had several requests for multiple throttles and duplicate telemetry sensors. This is something we have considered. It also requires the sensor interface (the Xicoy box, or any appropriate sensor for that matter) to be able to have multiple addresses, which is something Gaspar would do. Since he has the spec, he knows what he needs to do to support that. The protocol was designed to support this, but we have not yet allowed the transmitter side to support duplicate devices. As to whether that will happen, because it would be a new feature "I can neither confirm nor deny" would have to be my reply.

Andy
Hi Andy,
Thank you for your explanation.
But in stead of a device with multiple addresses, wouldn't it be easier to have just a copy of the existing code with just a different address, (e.g.0x25).
For a second Fadec you need a second telemetry device anyway and a device supporting two Fadecs would be a new development for you as well as for Gaspar.
I am sure Gaspar would be happy to provide his device with either 0x15 or 0x25, once you decide to give it a go, perhaps along with the alarm for the fuel qty... ;-).

Thank you anyway,

Lucien.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:25 PM
hbutler

Has anyone tried this unit with a powerbox. Pretty sure it's not possible to get both powerbox data and turbine data. This unit only has one x bus port. Likewise the powerbox only has one. Instructions for this unit states that it must be the last in the xbus chain. With one port each I'm guessing the powerbox and xicoy module both have the same requirement and as a result can't be used together.

Is is the Correct?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:45 AM
hbutler

Originally Posted by hbutler
Has anyone tried this unit with a powerbox. Pretty sure it's not possible to get both powerbox data and turbine data. This unit only has one x bus port. Likewise the powerbox only has one. Instructions for this unit states that it must be the last in the xbus chain. With one port each I'm guessing the powerbox and xicoy module both have the same requirement and as a result can't be used together.

Is is the Correct?

One other way to do this would be with multiple TM 1000s. Andy does the system support multiple TM1000s bound to the same model
Old 05-20-2015, 03:42 AM
luv2flyrc

One other way to do this would be with multiple TM 1000s. Andy does the system support multiple TM1000s bound to the same model
Or you could use this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-Tel...item257fd70b0a

Note: this is not a Spektrum part and Spektrum does not have one available. Obviously, someone in China is making them but, Spektrum should offer this cable. I used it to connect a Powerbox Baselog and V-speak telemetry module ( same as Xicoy but, for Behotec engines). and it worked perfect.

I have since switched to Jeti as I wanted the ability to set fuel alarms and the Jeti offers complete two way communication with the ECU, not just one way like Spek.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 05-20-2015 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:50 AM
hbutler

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Or you could use this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-Tel...item257fd70b0a

Note: this is not a Spektrum part and Spektrum does not have one available. Obviously, someone in China is making them but, Spektrum should offer this cable. I used it to connect a Powerbox Baselog and V-speak telemetry module ( same as Xicoy but, for Behotec engines). and it worked perfect.

I have since switched to Jeti as I wanted the ability to set fuel alarms and the Jeti offers complete two way communication with the ECU, not just one way like Spek.

Mike

Thanks. I just saw another thread that revealed that x bus is really just i2c. So this makes total sense. I have a couple of x bus cables. I'll make my own
Old 05-20-2015, 08:13 AM
AndyKunz

Originally Posted by Lucien G
Hi Andy,
Thank you for your explanation.
But in stead of a device with multiple addresses, wouldn't it be easier to have just a copy of the existing code with just a different address, (e.g.0x25).
For a second Fadec you need a second telemetry device anyway and a device supporting two Fadecs would be a new development for you as well as for Gaspar.
I am sure Gaspar would be happy to provide his device with either 0x15 or 0x25, once you decide to give it a go, perhaps along with the alarm for the fuel qty... ;-).

Thank you anyway,

Lucien.
No new development for anybody. He has the telemetry specification, all he needs to do is continue to implement more of it. No new SKU, no new development, just a configurable address. That sounds far easier for all!

Andy
Old 05-20-2015, 08:14 AM
AndyKunz

No. Only one device can report telemetry. If you doubt, read up on RCGroups threads regarding the TM1000 and AR636.

Andy
Old 05-20-2015, 08:16 AM
AndyKunz

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Always be sure to append "at this time" when you make statements like that, Mike!

Andy
Old 05-21-2015, 05:25 AM
hbutler

Thank Andy,

i did make the y and I can get powerbox and turbine data. However with both of those the flight log doesn't work. A rx reads 1800+ error and Hold are 5k plus and the don't change. If I take the xicoy out it works fine. I didn't try just the xicoy a and flight log. I can try that later. Any ideas between the two of u?
Old 05-21-2015, 05:45 AM
AndyKunz

Are you sure you're plugging the TM1000 into the DATA port? What rx are you using?

Andy
Old 05-21-2015, 06:10 AM
hbutler

Yes. In data port. Powerbox royal srs with dsmx sats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.