Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy Electronic C.G. Balancer

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy Electronic C.G. Balancer

Old 10-17-2016, 05:40 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When this is all ironed out please post! I need this, but we are an Apple household.
Thanks, Jay
Old 10-17-2016, 10:48 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The issue on some Iphones affecting the screen of sensor calibration has been located to the type of keyboard that some Apple devices display as default. The new version of the App is ready and tested, just need now the approval of the Applestore to published, we expect that will be done today, but not sure, now it is in hands of Apple and sometimes the approval process take a bit longer.

Gaspar
Old 10-18-2016, 12:34 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok thanks!
Old 10-18-2016, 10:20 PM
Gaspar

The updated IPhone app is already online, you should receive a notification from Apple. Let me know if any other issue.

Gaspar
Old 10-19-2016, 08:48 AM
liemtran75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspar
The updated IPhone app is already online, you should receive a notification from Apple. Let me know if any other issue.

Gaspar
I can now calibrate my cg meter. Thank you for the quick turn around. You guys are awesome!!!
Old 10-21-2016, 04:29 AM
helifox

Hi Friends,
I ask to prompt how it is correct to measure (in what position: free or sink) distance from a shaft of wheels (for example the main rack) to the CG?
All the matter is that the distance considerably changes (about 30 mm on my SM Hawk) when sinking a rack of wheels.

Sorry for fast pictures

Kind regards,
Sergey
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0791.JPG
Views:	1476
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2186634  

Last edited by helifox; 10-21-2016 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:40 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by helifox
Hi Friends,
I ask to prompt how it is correct to measure (in what position: free or sink) distance from a shaft of wheels (for example the main rack) to the CG?
All the matter is that the distance considerably changes (about 30 mm on my SM Hawk) when sinking a rack of wheels.

Sorry for fast pictures

Kind regards,
Sergey
L1 is the correct distance. Use the distances that will be there when you put the plane on the weight sensors.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:45 AM
Gaspar

Distance should be always measured from the center of the pads when the plane is on the weight sensors.

Gaspar
Old 10-21-2016, 08:14 AM
helifox

Distance should be always measured from the center of the pads when the plane is on the weight sensors.

Gaspar
Thank's Gaspar,
Of course I'm going to measure from center of the pads, but with sink gears (shock-absorber) the distance is about 30mm more if fix gear in free position and put to the pads. What about I worried will that affect to CG?
Example:
distance from main pads to CG -100mm (wheels absorbed) and for right CG needs to add 50gr- right balanced aircraft.
with wheel fixed in free position the distance - 70mm, and it's required to add less (about 30gr) weight- rear balanced aircraft at the end.

Or these will not to affect to balance critically?

Kind regards,
Sergey
Old 10-21-2016, 10:12 AM
turbofixer

The distance measured should be what ever it is with the plane sitting on the pads as posted above..so if the gear is only only half way compressed that is the correct distance. But also make sure the plane is sitting in a in flight level attitude. not tail low or nose low. if it does you need to shim the plane to level and reset the tare on the scales.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:31 AM
helifox

Thanks friends!
Old 10-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just used the angle sensors on my Xicoy unit for he first time last night.....was using them to fine tune the flap settings on my F14. Wow! What a fantastic unit this is. I can't imagine anyone doing jet modelling without one. Have used my unit previously to do C of G settings and thought it was great for that too.

Thanks for making such a great product Gaspar!
Old 10-28-2016, 11:08 AM
liemtran75

When trying to do cg for a tail dragger where I have to lift the plane up to level it, do I put the leveler on top of the nose or top of the rear stabilizer?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cub.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2187968  
Old 10-29-2016, 07:31 AM
turbofixer

On that Cub I would put a level on the bottom of the wing. This would be very close to inflight level
Old 01-17-2017, 12:49 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys, My boy just got one of these Xicoy CG balancers.

Confused:

When measuring a tail dragger, ie P40 - P41 war bird

First measurement is from the nose cone to the front wheel axles
2nd measurement is from the front wheel axles to the cg on the wing
3rd is from the front wheel axles to the rear tail wheel axle

is this correct?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:20 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have a question about the Xicoy Balancer, I just bought the unit and downloaded the app and was playing with the interface on my ipad since I have the bluetooth version. My question is I added a test plane, but I don't see how to delete an airplane after it haas been added. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

Last edited by sirrom; 01-25-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 AM
helifox

Originally Posted by sirrom
My question is I added a test plane, but I don't see how to delete an airplane after it haas been added.
Patrick, just press "change" and rewright all data and renaim the model, than press "save".

Regards, Sergey
Old 01-26-2017, 10:05 AM
sirrom

Originally Posted by helifox
Patrick, just press "change" and rewright all data and renaim the model, than press "save".

Regards, Sergey
So I am using the bluetooth version and the apps do not have a change feature in them. I have it installed on my Android phone and my Ipad. On the ipad I have a RESET ALL button which will basically let me wipe all models and start over, on the android app I have to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it to clear. It would be nice to have a delete button in the event that there is a mistake in a file or the unfortunate happens and you lose a plane.

Patrick
Old 01-27-2017, 12:21 AM
Gaspar

On last software version, by touching the label "Model" you can change the name of the plane, and by holding it touched for longer time, you can delete the model.

Gaspar
Old 01-29-2017, 05:26 PM
sirrom

On last software version, by touching the label "Model" you can change the name of the plane, and by holding it touched for longer time, you can delete the model.

Gaspar
Gaspar,
I just downloaded the latest version of your software for my android phone (version 1.0.0) as the software will not connect to bluetooth on my IPad not sure why, but on my android device I can not delete or change the name of the model. Also can you please clarify something for me..on a bicycle plane (tail dragger):

Distance Front-Mains: = The measurement of the Distance from Main gear to tail wheel
Distance Mains-CG: = The measurement of the Distance from Mains to desired CG
Distance to Mains to weight placement: = The measurement of the distance from the absolute front of plane (to include spinner) to the tail wheel.

Please let me know if these are the correct measuring points for a taildragger.

Thanks,

Patrick

Last edited by sirrom; 01-29-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:58 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sirrom
Gaspar,
I just downloaded the latest version of your software for my android phone (version 1.0.0) as the software will not connect to bluetooth on my IPad not sure why, but on my android device I can not delete or change the name of the model. Also can you please clarify something for me..on a bicycle plane (tail dragger):

Distance Front-Mains: = The measurement of the Distance from Main gear to tail wheel
Distance Mains-CG: = The measurement of the Distance from Mains to desired CG
Distance to Mains to weight placement: = The measurement of the distance from the absolute front of plane (to include spinner) to the tail wheel.

Please let me know if these are the correct measuring points for a taildragger.

Thanks,

Patrick
Mains to weight placement should be the distance from the mains to a location where you can actually place your ballast such as the firewall rather than the tip of the spinner if you want an accurate estimate of the weight needed to correct the CG.
Of course if you are planning to add a weighted prop washer or something like that, then the distance from the mains to that location is the correct one to use.

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-30-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:04 AM
Gaspar

Hello Patrick,

Latest version is 1.0.6. To change the name of the model, you should click in the orange "Model" label. A short click allow to change the name, a long click allow to delete the model, BUT only if there are more than one model defined.

You are correct in the two first distances, but not on the 3th one. In the case you have a defined location to place the lead (say that you want to screw the lead in the firewall), then you should measure the distance from the mains (center of the scales) to the firewall. The CG Meter will calculate the exact weight of lead needed at this point to have the plane in balance. If the plane is tail heavy so the location of the lead will be behind the CG, then you should enter distance in negative numbers.

In the case you are planning the installation of the ancillaries in the model, moving bateries around, etc, to look to the best weight distribution to reduce the lead to a minimum, then it is not necessary to enter this distance, the plane will be in balance when the reading be zero.

Gaspar
Old 01-30-2017, 11:26 AM
sirrom

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Wanted to edit to let you know why I was having such a hard time figuring this out. If you look at the default model that comes with the software for a taildragger it shows the distance from the mains to where you want the weight added is 1200 mm which is 47inches. So since the distance from mains to tail was 1000mm and the distance from mains to nose was 1200 I assumed this distance for the third measurement was the total length of aircraft. I was kind of looking at the default as kind of a guide to use.

Patrick

Last edited by sirrom; 01-30-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:26 PM
Gaspar

Yes, the default measures are for a jet where the lead is tipically placed at the nose tip.

Gaspar
Old 01-31-2017, 10:57 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is serous stuff, and a simple picture with a drawing will help all. I have watched YouTube, read the manual, and this forum and they all seem to say different things when it comes to tail draggers, IE P51, p40, Cub

Distance Front-Mains: = The measurement of the Distance from Main gear to tail wheel? Is this true? vs what I read was from the spinner to the front landing gear????

Distance Mains-CG: = The measurement of the Distance from Mains to desired CG, Yes easy to understand

Distance to Mains to weight placement: = The measurement of the distance from the front main landing gear to were you want to put the weight. ????

I have talked to 2 people who have given up on Xicoy CG balancer because they are just confused about these 3 very important measurements, can we get a are you smarter than a 3rd grader picture for each type, Jet and War bird !!!

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.