Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x, $1610

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x, $1610

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:57 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 28x, $1610

http://rc-funfun.com/detail.php?TAR=4944013010501

About $1700 shipped to the U.S. that is nearly half of the MSRP in the U.S. Another example of Distributors going nuts.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 AM
DiscoWings

Another site:
http://www.rcdepot-jp.com/sab/prp/dmss.html
Old 03-03-2015, 11:11 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Go ahead and organize a group bulk purchase. Collect money from people and buy these by batch of 10. I am sure that these web stores will be happy to receive 16 K USD from you.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I spend enough time in some sewers picking peanuts out of poo, one day I might have a whole free bag of peanuts.

Or I could just support my local stockist and get on with my life
Old 03-03-2015, 12:24 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Have you ever seen the Samsung note phones from these people lol..I'm sure you wouldn't want to use there transmitter on any rc planes.
Just my opinion.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by olnico
Go ahead and organize a group bulk purchase. Collect money from people and buy these by batch of 10. I am sure that these web stores will be happy to receive 16 K USD from you.
You came to this conclusion after I posted a link to 2 webshops in Japan that have been in business 5x longer than you?

Why would I need to do a group buy? I fly Futaba; this is just to show people how much markup Horizon is doing, beyond ridiculous.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:28 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew bird
if i spend enough time in some sewers picking peanuts out of poo, one day i might have a whole free bag of peanuts.

Or i could just support my local stockist and get on with my life

lmfao!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Bird
If I spend enough time in some sewers picking peanuts out of poo, one day I might have a whole free bag of peanuts.

Exactly.. Of course the same people who will complain bitterly about a local business trying to make some money, will then complain there are no local businesses when they close their doors because they can't afford to stay open.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Look at what horizon has done with the pricing on zenoah engines. 900 for a gt80. Same stuff thety were pulling with the rebadged mvvs engines they sold. Now they have their own line made in china by dle and their engines are rock bottom priced. If they dont own the line they dont seem to be interested in being the price leader. Warranty, and service do cost. But an extra 1k seems kinda high, Maybe they really dont want to sell them. At 1600 I would have considered getting one one but i already bought a dx18 to replace my old 12x. I guess Horizon knows exactly what they are doing.

Last edited by 2walla; 03-03-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Originally Posted by Andrew Bird

Awesome!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:11 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be afraid to purchase from overseas due to no product support in the USA. I think if the Horizon price is to high they wont
sell many after the first group of the must have the latest greatest receive theirs.

Last edited by ira d; 03-03-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How Disco buys RC products.
http://youtu.be/KNQRqAoT-2c
Old 03-04-2015, 02:20 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel your pain disco!

i support my LHS where I can, but it's the distributors killing the mum and pop hobby shops, not the modellers.

i used to have access to Australian distributors, and their price lists, but we used to pay retail in the US and shipping to Australia, and it would work out cheaper that buying exactly the same item wholesale from the aussie distributors!!! They make it impossible with their significant markups for the LHS's to compete!

it was rumoured for a while that the 28x might come in just under $2k and I was keen, but not at current prices. Can't help but think that they would corner a large portion of the high end radio market and increase sales significantly if they did. Seems like they did have that in mind, but distributors are lining their pockets accordingly.

Good luck to those who will stupidly hand over fist fulls more of cash for exactly the same item.

Thanks

dave
Old 03-04-2015, 03:04 AM
jetster81

You guys do not know when you are well off, I just saw a price in the UK at 1900 pounds ( 2913 usd) after duties and taxes are paid! no doubt one can get a little better price if you look around.
I say on a product like this one aught to support your local shop/ importer as you will have somewhere to take it if you get problems. I would not like to get stuck with a knackered 28x and having to return it to the far east for a repair or replacement.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:11 AM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Has anyone checked out the FrSky Taranus ?

It is now my primary radio in ALL my aircraft including my jets.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...nsmitters.html
Old 03-04-2015, 03:23 AM
ticketec

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jetster81
You guys do not know when you are well off, I just saw a price in the UK at 1900 pounds ( 2913 usd) after duties and taxes are paid! no doubt one can get a little better price if you look around.
I say on a product like this one aught to support your local shop/ importer as you will have somewhere to take it if you get problems. I would not like to get stuck with a knackered 28x and having to return it to the far east for a repair or replacement.

Australian price is $2,999.99

in 20+ years of flying R/C I've never had to return any of the numerous TX's I've owned for repair.

But that's not the issue in question. I think Disco was trying to highlight the price gouging of the distributors. I support local LHS's just not keeping distributors in a lifestyle they have become accustomed to.

Thanks

dave
Old 03-04-2015, 03:29 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by dubd
How Disco buys RC products.
http://youtu.be/KNQRqAoT-2c
How Dantley flies his planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UM4JRlRHRo

Last edited by DiscoWings; 03-04-2015 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:54 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Another thread where friends are being made. I'm not saying anyone is gouging or not without seeing their books. A distributor here has probably bought a container load, had them shipped by sea. I'm sure they have rent, utilities, advertising, employees, benefits and taxes left and right even if they move no product. It isn't as easy as some would think. If everyone bought overseas, there would be no product stateside. If something was marked up to some stupid amount, I would have a different opinion. But a company that imports in bulk, pays all shipping and import taxes on the belief that there is a market here, while offering product support, they will have my support.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:44 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

USA dealers and distributors have refused to adjust their prices to reflect the strength of the US $. None of this stuff is made in the USA. The real high tech stuff comes from Europe ie. engines, electronics etc. or in JR's case, Japan.

A year ago when the price of $2700 was put on the 28x the currency was 30% weaker. Adjusted for US $ strength, the price should be about $1890 USD, dealers are padding their margins with the currency fluctuation knowing that most people don't have a clue what goes on outside the USA.

I've been buying my most recent gear from Europe, I can Fed Ex it here in 3 days and save a bundle. It's a small world now and you don't have to buy in the US, in a couple of mouse clicks, you can get stuff from anywhere.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 03-04-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:56 AM
flycarden

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
http://rc-funfun.com/detail.php?TAR=4944013010501

About $1700 shipped to the U.S. that is nearly half of the MSRP in the U.S. Another example of Distributors going nuts.
So go buy it from them!! You have seen with your FEJ models what happens when you buy cheap crap. Go buy it from that site or where you can find it that cheap. Prove everyone wrong. What are you waiting on?
Old 03-04-2015, 05:14 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Originally Posted by flycarden
So go buy it from them!! You have seen with your FEJ models what happens when you buy cheap crap. Go buy it from that site or where you can find it that cheap. Prove everyone wrong. What are you waiting on?
why shoot the messenger? BTW, the Tx will be the same regardless of where you buy it.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:35 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
why shoot the messenger? BTW, the Tx will be the same regardless of where you buy it.
No, the language might me in Japanese !
Old 03-04-2015, 06:56 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
How Dantley flies his planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UM4JRlRHRo
Thanks for giving that video some more air time. Almost at a million views!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What I object to is that the radio manufacturer's allow the distributors of their products to be selective re warranty and repairs. I am interested in Swiss watches and own a few. Without exception these are sold with an international warranty which will be honoured in ANY country and even when out of warranty there is service available even when a watch is bought in another country. As a matter of interest I had a quick Google on some well known electrical and technology manufacturer's warranty and Philips, Samsung and Apple all offer International warranty on their products and state it will be available in the country of use not purchase.

By contrast I had occasion to contact the distributor of a well known radio here in the UK (I'm not going to name names) and enquire about some obscure stick parts I wanted to acquire to carry out some experiments. While they were very helpful they said they didn't have them in stock and to get them from Japan (OK this narrows down the brand a bit) would take 6 months. So I thought I would contact the US distributor and see if they had the parts and guess what they wouldn't even reply to my email!

The world is shrinking and its about time the model companies realise this and go global.

Malcolm
Old 03-04-2015, 08:09 AM
j.duncker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have removed a couple of posts for unacceptable comments.

Another couple of posts are very close to the line.

Please keep this thread polite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.