Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x, $1610

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x, $1610

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:38 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Supply and demand normally dictates price. If Horizon is asking retail that is their business. EBay and Amazon are your best source for price comparison.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:23 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

you know why Horizon sells them for twice as much, because people are willing to buy them for twice as much. End of story.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:13 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing that is of value is the support and service from Horizon Hobby USA; I do not believe its worth $1100.00; for that price any serious buyer should consider buying direct. I bought a 18MZ direct from Japan for $2108 vs $3000 (actually to be fair it was $1988 vs 2650 as tower as they had a 350 off coupon) and it has been bullet proof as Futaba always is no support needed. Perhaps there is less faith in JR products so local product support is a must?

Getting back to the point of this post, This has nothing to do about the product or its quality, it has all to do with margins.

Horizon is ripping people off and this indisputable fact is why the "Team Horizon" fan boys have been pounding their chest the loudest shouting foul! That and making useless analogies about picking poo.

Bottom line is this is a global economy and a free market. If you compare Global prices on servos and various other products even made by JR you will see that the U.S. prices are inline form what it is sold around the world, But in this case, its clear Horizon is looking for suckers.

Go ahead pay up.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:25 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are the mode one or mode transmitters from them?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:25 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by jetpilot
No, the language might me in Japanese !
Not even you believe in that; stop spreading FUD; everyone knows language selection is built in its even stated in the U.S. version manual, so is MODE select for MODE1 , MODE 2 or 3 or 4.

Last edited by DiscoWings; 03-04-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:34 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

has anyone placed an order yet?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:05 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
The only thing that is of value is the support and service from Horizon Hobby USA; I do not believe its worth $1100.00; for that price any serious buyer should consider buying direct. I bought a 18MZ direct from Japan for $2108 vs $3000 (actually to be fair it was $1988 vs 2650 as tower as they had a 350 off coupon) and it has been bullet proof as Futaba always is no support needed. Perhaps there is less faith in JR products so local product support is a must?

Getting back to the point of this post, This has nothing to do about the product or its quality, it has all to do with margins.

Horizon is ripping people off and this indisputable fact is why the "Team Horizon" fan boys have been pounding their chest the loudest shouting foul! That and making useless analogies about picking poo.

Bottom line is this is a global economy and a free market. If you compare Global prices on servos and various other products even made by JR you will see that the U.S. prices are inline form what it is sold around the world, But in this case, its clear Horizon is looking for suckers.

Go ahead pay up.
So why is everyone trying to make Horizon the bad guy in this? Isn't JR America the importer these days? I know Horizon still sells and services JR equipment, but I'm assuming that JR America doesn't have to get a 28X from Horizon. Is Horizon still the importer for all JR product or is it JR America these day?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

But in this case, its clear Horizon is looking for suckers.

Go ahead pay up.
I remember when Fly Eagle Jets was also looking for suckers, who praised their products and are now stuck with models they cant sell, had to be redesigned and rebuilt, and are still a POS.
Familiar?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:43 PM
flycarden

Originally Posted by FalconWings
I remember when Fly Eagle Jets was also looking for suckers, who praised their products and are now stuck with models they cant sell, had to be redesigned and rebuilt, and are still a POS.
Familiar?
I wonder if he does. Hey Disco. You remember those planes. The ones getting banned from flyins you have??
Old 03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, the ultimate sucker and pooper scooper! shoot some foam in it! that will fix em!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:11 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to know what you need 28 ch. for? is the radio flying the plane for you, with all that mixing you could bake a cake!!!!!
Old 03-04-2015, 03:47 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Be interesting to see how many channels the receiver will have it comes with.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:14 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Exclusive distributorships are kind of archaic in todays market. This "grey market" stuff has been going on for a long time. It must not be hurting Hobbico and Horizon because they haven't adjusted their biz plan. Not lowering the price on product from europe when the dollar gets stronger is not cool.

I went through a phase of buying all my servos from hong kong. Price difference was huge, exact same servos. Nowadays its more convenience than price. This isn't buying something that could be a knockoff from china, its the exact same thing we are buying here. You do lose local service, but you can weigh the value of that. I bought my first jetcat turbine from germany because the price was dramatically cheaper. I did have to return it for service, not that big of a deal. Global economy brothers… embrace it!

Supporting your LHS is a completely different argument than supporting horizon IMO….
Old 03-04-2015, 04:27 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does Japanese version have the same output power (EIRP) and power spectral density as US (North American) FCC/IC version?
Old 03-04-2015, 04:31 PM
CafeenMan

Let's say Horizon pays $800 for the radio. I don't want to argue about how much they paid. I don't know and I don't care. It's irrelevant to my question. Just pretend that's the price they actually pay.

For the people who think the price they are charging is too much, how much do you think they should charge?

You have to take into account the entire cost of their operation and how much of that cost is being added into one of these radios. I'm just asking a question. I'm not saying their price is fair or not fair.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ira d
JR is shiping them with the 712 which is a 28 channel receiver. I believe JR america is shiping with the infinity receiver which is also a 28 ch receiver any receiver with xbus is a 28 ch receiver.
Also for me its not about the 28 channels its about the software like the gear/door sequencer and having switches on the stick. I fly scale warbirds and jets and this will make setting up and flying these planes well worth the money to me.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ira d
It comes with the Inifinity receiver, which really doesn't have a channel limit as it's an XBus receiver. And if I remember correctly, anyone who pre-ordered the radio will also get a 7-channel XBus receiver that can do 7 standard PWM channels and as many XBus channels as you need.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:58 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CafeenMan
Let's say Horizon pays $800 for the radio. I don't want to argue about how much they paid. I don't know and I don't care. It's irrelevant to my question. Just pretend that's the price they actually pay.

For the people who think the price they are charging is too much, how much do you think they should charge?

You have to take into account the entire cost of their operation and how much of that cost is being added into one of these radios. I'm just asking a question. I'm not saying their price is fair or not fair.
Great comment, for the sake of your argument....it doesn't matter what Horizon paid. It matters what people are willing to pay for it. I may be a good example (first time in my life), I currently have a 12X. I'm flying some prop stuff (which doesn't remotely need a 12X) a Spark which does benefit and I just picked up a Yellow F-22. I really like my 12X and it will fly the F-22 very comfortably on 12 channels using no xpanders. However, I really enjoy having the best when it comes to RC (and several other things which are not relevant), I just like it, kinda like baseball cards....you just enjoy having them. I am not a huge fan of the DX18, though a lot of my (very well heeled and connected) RC friends have one. When I heard about the 28X, I was of course interested. I will never need 28 channels....but its (arguably) the best, so I'm in the market.

To the point, at $2800....I'm out. For me its not worth the warm fuzzies to have the best....but at $1600........I might be in. As I said I will never need 28 channels, but I realize that this is a hobby and there is pleasure to be had from pulling that radio from the aluminum case every weekend. I like having the best but I do need to get a deal.....I HATE paying retail. If I could get the best at a (relatively) good price I'm MUCH more likely to buy than at retail....especially if the price is controlled as it obviously is in the US.

It's actually very intriguing getting one from Japan at such a price. I have a friend at work who frequently travels there.....hmmm
Old 03-04-2015, 07:59 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by flycarden
I wonder if he does. Hey Disco. You remember those planes. The ones getting banned from flyins you have??
I can only assume you have some basic comprehension problem, so in case you didn't get it, ITS THE SAME RADIO, WE ARE NOT COMPARING 2 DIFFERENT ITEMS, ITS THE SAME ITEM. that goes for you to Falcon Wings, its apple to apples. The U.S. radio is no different than the Japanese one. The same way a 8911 Servos is the same in the U.S. as it is in Japan.

Falconwings, do you know Jet Legend Makes stuff for BVM now? Since you also think Jet Legend is a POS therefore BVM is a pos as well? I suppose the Jetlegend F-16 was a POS, then all of a sudden BVM starts selling it it became a rose. People who believe in this logic are suckers.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:01 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by jetpilot
the ultimate sucker
That would the one who will pay you $30,000.00 for your l39
Old 03-04-2015, 08:32 PM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

I can't believe how badly 'off topic' this forum has gone!!! Chill guys.....

Disco - Whilst I completely agree it's crazy that the price could be double for the same product, that's life. It simply comes down to whether you need it or want it. I feel your pain. I purchased a Triumph Street Triple R motorbike in Australia a few years back and the price is double what you guys pay over there in the states. Did I enjoy paying double.... hell no. But that's life. I wanted it badly, so I took the hit. At least you have the option of buying it from Japan for a great price (I couldn't with the bike - Import issues). The chances of something going wrong with it, dare I say it, would be so slim. I would have no reservation of buying from them. JR is a fantastic brand.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Has anyone verified that these off-shore radios come with FCC ID sticker? If not, they're not legal for use in the USA.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:42 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
Has anyone checked out the FrSky Taranus ?

It is now my primary radio in ALL my aircraft including my jets.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...nsmitters.html

Yws, I checked it and found it fantastic... the link is good as any brand, the software is better and more flexible than anything else and the hardware is as good as lets say a DX18. The biggest problem with this radio is in trying to justify others that a $200 radio is good enough for flying a giant jet.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:34 AM
US1A kai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, l live in Japan and enjoy turbine and gasser model.
In Japan every brand of 2.4G trasmitter that output power is only 10mw couse by japanese law.
As you know that the output power of US and EU (W/O Frence) spec are 100mw.
But in case of JR's new DMSS l can't be confirmed about US Spec of output power is 100mw or 10mw .

Last edited by US1A kai; 03-05-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:38 AM
flycarden

I can only assume you have some basic comprehension problem, so in case you didn't get it, ITS THE SAME RADIO, WE ARE NOT COMPARING 2 DIFFERENT ITEMS, ITS THE SAME ITEM. that goes for you to Falcon Wings, its apple to apples. The U.S. radio is no different than the Japanese one. The same way a 8911 Servos is the same in the U.S. as it is in Japan.

Falconwings, do you know Jet Legend Makes stuff for BVM now? Since you also think Jet Legend is a POS therefore BVM is a pos as well? I suppose the Jetlegend F-16 was a POS, then all of a sudden BVM starts selling it it became a rose. People who believe in this logic are suckers.
There is a huge difference in the radios. The outputs are totally different in the radio. Just Like FEJ planes that disintegrate in the air that you are a fanboy for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.