Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 28x, $1610

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 28x, $1610

Old 03-05-2015, 05:40 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just recently started buying stuff from http://www.ibcinyourc.com/ . i can't say enough about mike. The service is great and no matter how long it takes , he answers all your questions . I just left the DMSX world because i was being forced into the Spectrum radio world " JR no longer makes receivers for their older DMSX radios" that's a whole different thread. i hate spectrum stuff. Not because the technology but because of the quality. I know that statement might open a can of worms ,but i'm entitled to an opinion . So i started buying from mike at http://www.ibcinyourc.com/ and i plan on doing more buisness with him. His prices are fair and he's a good guy. i support the little guy. My XG14 , case and receivers will be here in three days and he gave me free shipping to boot.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:09 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flycarden
There is a huge difference in the radios. The outputs are totally different in the radio. Just Like FEJ planes that disintegrate in the air that you are a fanboy for.

Well you are fanboy for ignorance and stupidity, and your inane comparison between 2 identical items shows you will never learn. You might be comparing DSMJ and with DSMX, THIS IS NOT THE CASE. The DMSS protocol is identical worldwide the same way Futaba FASST, FHSS, FASTEST is identical world wide including power ouput. The power output even in Japan well exceeds line of sight, it amazes me you think that this is not sufficient.

You should stop your quest of nonsense now.

BTW, I have tomahawk and BVM jets as well I am not a fanboi for any brand, all planes have there strengths and weaknesses, I don't' think you own a single jet aircraft, what are you doing on this forum?
Old 03-05-2015, 06:22 AM
flycarden

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Well you are fanboy for ignorance and stupidity, and your inane comparison between 2 identical items shows you will never learn. You might be comparing DSMJ and with DSMX, THIS IS NOT THE CASE. The DMSS protocol is identical worldwide the same way Futaba FASST, FHSS, FASTEST is identical world wide including power ouput. The power output even in Japan well exceeds line of sight, it amazes me you think that this is not sufficient.

You should stop your quest of nonsense now.

BTW, I have tomahawk and BVM jets as well I am not a fanboi for any brand, all planes have there strengths and weaknesses, I don't' think you own a single jet aircraft, what are you doing on this forum?
Well you can think what you want. I do own a jet aircraft. You know nothing about me but I know plenty about you. Bikman.

Last edited by flycarden; 03-05-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:25 AM
DiscoWings

You know nothing about me but I know plenty about you. Bikman.
So now you are a stalker?
Old 03-05-2015, 06:30 AM
flycarden

So now you are a stalker?
Nope. Just know your history.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:33 AM
DiscoWings

There is a huge difference in the radios. The outputs are totally different in the radio. Just Like FEJ planes that disintegrate in the air that you are a fanboy for.
I want to further elaborate on this since flycarden is stinking up the thread with misinformation and lies:

DSMJ is a restricted protocol in Japan limited to 10mw

DMSS is a certified protocol and is set to 100mw,

How much is 100mw? to put in Comparison Futaba's FASST system is set globally (apart from France) to 100mW EIRP. This is the same power level in Japan, EU and many other countries. While it is true that we are allowed up to 500mw, no radio mfg does this as they aren't going to make hardware specifically for each countries max output, they make stuff that would be allowed globally.

DMSS is also 100mw; the same power as Futaba, Jeti, Airtronics, and various other 2.4 ghz radios. A DMSS radio/rx purchased in Japan has the same powerout as in the U.S. anyone disagreeing with this is FLATOUT WRONG.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:34 AM
DiscoWings

Nope. Just know your history.

Well you are making history too here, being proved incorrect in real time with documentation. Enjoy.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:41 AM
flycarden

Well you are making history too here, being proved incorrect in real time with documentation. Enjoy.
Only one spreading misinformation is you. I think everyone knows this. Have a good day. Shoot some foam in them FEJ wings.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.1hss.org/LinkClick.aspx?f...t=OuN_Wa36iUo=

Since the dmss is frequency hopping the power output is allowed to go up to 100 mw even in Japan.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:36 AM
rrembert

I want to further elaborate on this since flycarden is stinking up the thread with misinformation and lies:

DSMJ is a restricted protocol in Japan limited to 10mw

DMSS is a certified protocol and is set to 100mw,

How much is 100mw? to put in Comparison Futaba's FASST system is set globally (apart from France) to 100mW EIRP. This is the same power level in Japan, EU and many other countries. While it is true that we are allowed up to 500mw, no radio mfg does this as they aren't going to make hardware specifically for each countries max output, they make stuff that would be allowed globally.

DMSS is also 100mw; the same power as Futaba, Jeti, Airtronics, and various other 2.4 ghz radios. A DMSS radio/rx purchased in Japan has the same powerout as in the U.S. anyone disagreeing with this is FLATOUT WRONG.

I'm curious...where would I find the reference for your data? I did a cursory search but was unable to find something. Granted my internet search skills may have something to be desired.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:26 AM
LarsL

Between the mature back and forth discussions between DiscoWings and Flycarden someone asked about JR Americas being the distributor for JR here in the U.S. and not Horizon. Never saw an answer, but I'm sure that person is correct. The JR Americas price for the 28X and the Horizon price are the exact same. I venture to say that if you go into any local hobby shop here in the U.S. you will pay $2600 for the radio. So I don't see any reason to bash Horizon for their high pricing. Bash everyone if you want to bash. And while you are at it, bash Tower/Futaba as well because you will pay $3000 for their flagship radio. Or, you could go out and fly (if the temp is north of freezing and you aren't under x feet of snow.

Lars
Old 03-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

There's no reason to bash ANYONE for the prices they set on anything. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's simple. I am happily awaiting my shipping notice for my 28X.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:28 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Falconwings, do you know Jet Legend Makes stuff for BVM now? Since you also think Jet Legend is a POS therefore BVM is a pos as well? I suppose the Jetlegend F-16 was a POS, then all of a sudden BVM starts selling it it became a rose. People who believe in this logic are suckers.
Not at all. I was one of the first JL customers in the area, and quickly pointed out how their materials and kit quality on the small F-16 kit were UP to BVM standards. Everyone jumped up to ridicule the idea, then 7 years later BVM becomes their sole distributor in the US. I kind of won that argument by default.

My issue was how JL treated me like a moron and the distributor had to step in to make things right. It is fully described in the thread below. The issue was never about JL quality. I have not purchased anything JL again, but I would through Mike Lin or Dustin B.

Clarified? Ironically enough, if BVM was to take over Fly Eagle Jet, I'm sure the product and customer service would improve a lot, and perhaps you can fool someone into buying your POS that fill your garage.

Once again, your argument has failed due to lack of preparation.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:59 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Does Japanese version have the same output power (EIRP) and power spectral density as US (North American) FCC/IC version?
Important question indeed..I rather buy a FEJ product overseas and fix what I can see (or xray lol) than hoping my power output or my tx code sync sequences will be correct to my US purchase RX.

My Opinion

Last edited by basimpsn; 03-05-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

DMSS is DMSS. The protocol is the same. As for power output, I don't know.. but in other radios I've used, there have been Technician Menu settings to change power output depending upon what region you're in.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am continually surprised by the animosity in many responses on these forums. This is only a hobby.

Horizon is no longer the importer/distributor for JR. JR-America is now the US distributor and sets
US prices, so why dump on Horizon. As has also been pointed out, Horizon does push their own
products (engines and Spektrum radios) at the expense of other brands. They are in business
to make money so if you don't like it don't buy. I had a bad experience with Horizon and now never deal with
them if possible, and if I buy one of their products (and many are good) I buy from another vendor, never direct from Horizon.

My Spectrum DX-18 is excellent and I will be keeping it for my small electric models. But have been
already changing to JR DMSS for all my new models and will be getting a 28X as well as my current
DMSS transmitter.

If you decide to buy a JR product from outside the US you will not be able to get any service
in the US from Horizon or JR-America so will need to send it back to Japan.
That is inconvenient but it will be serviced by the JR factory and that could be better.
You the buyer need to decide how important local service and support is. I personally
try to support US distributors.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:00 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Look, I saved $500! I found a good deal i guess. lmao! I saved $500! lol! Full product support, full power, full warranty, in english, no customs, free shipping, everything !! And Im not a douchebag! supporting those here in the states who will support me!
Oh and I got "Your free RG712BX receiver will be packaged inside your 28X transmitter case."

[TABLE="width: 600, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Products ordered:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TH="width: 60, bgcolor: #cccccc"]SKU[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #cccccc"]Product[/TH]
[TH="width: 100, bgcolor: #cccccc, align: center"]Item price[/TH]
[TH="width: 60, bgcolor: #cccccc"]Quantity[/TH]
[TH="width: 50, bgcolor: #cccccc"]Total[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]JRP01050[/TD]
[TD]28X DMSS 2.4GHz 28 Channel System with TX Case and RG031BX Rx[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$2699.99[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 100%, align: right"]Subtotal:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]Shipping & handling: [/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$0.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv8366692812divider, colspan: 2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #cccccc, align: right"]Total:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #cccccc, align: right"]$2699.99[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]
You saved $500.00 by shopping with JR Americas![/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by jetpilot; 03-05-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scott,

Please don't put Disco off! He's a warrior of the toy plane world, gradually growing his incredible knowledge and helping us poor uniformed to see the light. He's a fanatic - and if the world has taught us nothing else, the world definitely needs more fanatics pushing their causes with vitriolic fervour - there is definitely NOTHING unhealthy about that

Meanwhile, I'll just go to the field and play with my toy planes with my mates. I've clearly been missing out on getting wound up and blowing my blood pressure through the roof on everything toy related.....
Old 03-05-2015, 01:09 PM
flycarden

Originally Posted by Andrew Bird
Scott,

Please don't put Disco off! He's a warrior of the toy plane world, gradually growing his incredible knowledge and helping us poor uniformed to see the light. He's a fanatic - and if the world has taught us nothing else, the world definitely needs more fanatics pushing their causes with vitriolic fervour - there is definitely NOTHING unhealthy about that

Meanwhile, I'll just go to the field and play with my toy planes with my mates. I've clearly been missing out on getting wound up and blowing my blood pressure through the roof on everything toy related.....
Just spewed my drink on my computer. LOL
Old 03-05-2015, 02:49 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

don't know why even throws crap into this thread, great deal, If I were using JR I'll sure buy one from them, after all I got my 18Z from Japan direct as well..
Old 03-05-2015, 05:47 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would the one who will pay you $30,000.00 for your l39
Are you kidding me? That plane is worth every cent of that, if not more. To build something of that level and authentication not only takes tremendous patience and talent, but years and years of experience! That experience isn't gained by spending hours and hours online finding ways to save $9....just IMHO.

Build something one day. Actually build something and you'll know. You won't find many people with Scott's scope of knowledge and experience in this hobby...I bet there aren't many kits/arfs he hasn't had or seen.

But, continue on your crusade to save people money on stuff you aren't buying....it's entertaining.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:02 PM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

I'm in the same situation as sideshow. Have a 12, not really looking for an 18. I don't understand the huge price increase for JR's flagship radio though, I think that price point is what's kept Futaba's flagship down in popularity, and JR is currently losing huge market share to Spektrum. A 3K TX isn't going to help fix that, assuming they want to "fix" it at all.

I love JR, and want to keep flying JR, so I hope the 28 comes down, regardless of who sells it.

flycarden, do you have an inside line from the JR retailer on what exactly IS being sold? How do you know that a US spec'd model wouldnt come from the place that has a good price?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:43 PM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I add one preorder , with our CA $ so weak I have to stick to my XG14 ( still a great TX) for few more month...
Maybe the FunFun Web site is like playing Russian roulette
Old 03-05-2015, 08:24 PM
newshoundaussie

It is now up to $3,910.00 in Canada taxes included with our dollar that has gotten a lot weaker since this radio was first announced for sale.

Last edited by newshoundaussie; 03-05-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Originally Posted by airraptor
Jet pilot I dont know this disco guy but are you personally attacking him in a public forum?
"Listen everybody, Disco bought a second hand BVM and Tomahawk, he has street credit now! Hes no longer the unwise individual who flew without a turbine waiver for over a year while spewing misinformation and expertise all over the forums.
His Floaty Fragile Tomahawk and his Ultra Bandit proves hes an expert! his street credit is bought and paid for!! Now Respect!!
Please forget how he invested thousands in FEJ and recommended them to everyone. And that 1 page build showing his amazing building skills!
He has contributed such discoveries as "Foam fixes all structural issues" . This guy deserves respect!
Dont worry that he hasnt bothered to certify any of his POS aircraft over 55lbs, he'll just fly them illegally at his home field. shhhh! rules dont apply to him! (like the waiver thingy)
Hes come along way in 2 yrs from being just a troll with inaccurate rants, he now has all the expertise he has acquired from heresay, word on the street, strenuous google searches, and his wikipedia studies.
Hes made this forum what it is today!
you add zero value to this forum.

you have over 2k useless post and somehow manage to get mine removed.

My Radio shipped today. Ill put some pics up when it gets here.
It comes with the
RG031BX RX

and i got the free RG712BX receiver
Scott "
If you don't know then you haven't been hanging around here much. Long story.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.