Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Red flag update

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Red flag update

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 04:25 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red flag update

I'll be brief. Red Flag was / is intended to be an Aerobatic Competition for Jets. One with a small purse as well as prestigious trophies. It was scheduled for late October, would be an "Invitational", and be for Scale Jets only, with an
Aerobatic schedule of maneuvers to be performed. Some mandatory, some optional. There would be a "Masters" and an "Expert" class. We do not have an aerobatic competition for JETS only in the USA and I thought this might be interesting for the jet pilot community as well as to spectators. However, if Pilot and Spectator interest is at a level of 9, (out of 10), sponsorship level is at a 1. To do the event, we need financial assistance for site rental, toilets, storage tent, golf carts, dumpster, announcer, judges travel, parking attendants and a lot more. The companies, all except Horizon Hobby, that make their living from the hobby or the jet market place, do not see a value supporting such an event. So with that being said, I'm giving it one more week to try and get some sponsors. If we are not successful we will let you all know, right here and on Face Book.
Thanks for reading this.
FT
Old 03-17-2015, 04:53 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

I hope it comes together, I was very much looking forward to coming down and covering this.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:53 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Really hoping this event happens!! It is going to be allot of fun and very much looking forward to it!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:13 AM
FTiano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha, don't get your hopes up too high Gunner! If the companies producing the stuff you guys fly have no interest in making it work, then why do it?
Doesn't look too promising. but, we still have 12 O'clock High / Monster Planes.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:44 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a couple of major events, with Florida Jets and Top Gun, instead creating a stand alone event that will not draw sponsorship, why not incorporate it somewhere in between? Select a spot in the events that you have sponsors and have at it. Perhaps you can add an additional day for the Red Flag event. Once you build up the event, then perhaps the sponsors will jump on board, and you can move it to a stand alone event.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam

Last edited by P. Richards; 03-17-2015 at 10:47 AM.