Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
Hey Rich where is the count down clock?
Jeff... OMG that's too funny

https://countingdownto.com/countdown...ountdown-clock

Last edited by RCISFUN; 03-20-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, obviously many think this is something to make light of, like it's a freaking joke? How about this? Just forget me posting anything more about it, other than this: I got the enhanced photos back today,
and it is definitely a person everyone knows. And the person is associated with one of the Vendors! Now ain't that sumthin???? I'll work it out myself with him.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:42 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!

I don't think it is funny at all Frank in fact I feel like if it is truly stolen then there should be police and charges. I want to know just like anyone else. We are talking about a lot more than just a event. I have alot of my hard earn money invested and travel a lot miles to relax and enjoy company of other people whom I can know and trust. I not crazy about attending an event when theives get a free pass. I know you read my remarks you will tell me to go fly a kite. I would hope you would reconsider and let everyone know. That is the right thing to do.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 158 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
WOW!

I don't think it is funny at all Frank in fact I feel like if it is truly stolen then there should be police and charges. I want to know just like anyone else. We are talking about a lot more than just a event. I have alot of my hard earn money invested and travel a lot miles to relax and enjoy company of other people whom I can know and trust. I not crazy about attending an event when theives get a free pass. I know you read my remarks you will tell me to go fly a kite. I would hope you would reconsider and let everyone know. That is the right thing to do.
+1 I was thinking the exact same thing!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:59 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I personally do not think it is a joke or funny I think it is a shame. Mr Tiano, I was raised that every man you meet automatically gets Treated with the respect we all deserve however I do believe you are making a serious mistake if you do not disclose the identity of this guy if he is indeed proven to be A thief. I agree with JW if indeed this jet was stolen then the police should be involved one doesn't simply accidentally pick up a giant scale jet and take it, if the guy stole the jet and he is as well known as you are leading him up to be, then that would tell me people would probably never suspect him of doing something like this, and if you work out a deal to get the jet back but don't disclose who he is you are not doing anyone else any favors, you may be subjecting other members at other clubs to the same kind of Fiasco only nobody may see it this time and he may get away with it, because no one ever thought to keep an eye on this particular person that's just something for you to think about.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:03 AM
FTiano

The bottom line is that we have security and security has the photo of the person. Actually, two people! So, as far as I am concerned, Security did do their job.
Now I will wrestle with how to handle this. As far as I am concerned, case closed. I won't be posting again, perhaps it was a mistake to do it in the first place. And, by the way, I'd never tell you to go fly a kite.
I actually listen or read what everyone says. Some is great constructive criticism. And other stuff is, well, you know, just drivel coming from a person who has never orchestrated a thing in his life.
Thanks to all.
Bye for now. FT
Old 03-20-2015, 11:22 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Frank I don't think any disrespect was meant by anyone, you should know that in any form people tend to stray a bit off topic, its human nature.

Going back on topic I applaud your efforts in discovering the thief, but I am also curious who this person is who broke the law, I hope this is revealed in near future.

Last edited by RCISFUN; 03-20-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:40 AM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

This doesnt make any sense at all. How exactly can there be cell phone pictures of the act in progress? Why are they not posted?

if someone stole my jet all information would be throroughly disseminated in order to increase the chances of me getting back. If someone took it accidently it will be ok even if I call them out in a photo.

This is coming off to me that someone has an idea of who did it, and is using a scare tactic to try to get it back.

I hope Im wrong but we cant do anyhing to help you unless you help us do that. It also makes zero sense to not punish the person for either doing something on accident or on purpose. Taking someone's jet like that should not go unpunished even it is something as minor as some embarrassment of being caught in the act on film.

This whole thing is just stupid. This thread should be deleted its just a drama queen thread is all with no real information AT ALL.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:33 PM
jetster81

Mt Tiano, I have never met you but I admire the way you have administered your comments on here, you have acted kindly allowing the perpetrator to return the goods anonymously. however, I hate and detest thieves with a vengance because they carry out deeds like this with no concern of the hurt and damage that leaves innocents out of pocket because of their selfish greedy behaviour . And with that in mind they should be punished,I feel you should name and shame the vermin that did this crime amongst a community of friends, and that makes it somehow even more abhorrent to me.If nothing else it should make them think more than once before considering a likewise performance elsewhere.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:21 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Tic, toc, tic, toc, almost Saturday!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM
M3Baker

Eric's my friend and he's out almost five grand on this deal. I really feel bad for him. If there are pictures and somebody knows this guy then call the police and get this thing wrapped up. Nobody wants a thief around our jets! Don't care if it's posted or not; hopefully Eric will post that it's been handled and the matter is closed. Just handle it.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

Originally Posted by FTiano
The bottom line is that we have security and security has the photo of the person. Actually, two people! So, as far as I am concerned, Security did do their job.
Now I will wrestle with how to handle this. As far as I am concerned, case closed. I won't be posting again, perhaps it was a mistake to do it in the first place. And, by the way, I'd never tell you to go fly a kite.
I actually listen or read what everyone says. Some is great constructive criticism. And other stuff is, well, you know, just drivel coming from a person who has never orchestrated a thing in his life.
Thanks to all.
Bye for now. FT
So if we do not agree with your way of thinking, then we could not ever amount to anything...
Could it be that folks like you seem to be more [ ORCHESTRATED ] only from the sweet and money from those that you obviously despise ??...For example..: I take my child to Church...You claim that someone molested your child at Church and everyone would know this guy...But you will not disclose the name of this person..How many people will I suspect now ?..Why would I take my child there again .?..Why say anything if it only serves you..?..Maybe the story was a front in the first place ..!!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:51 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by patfairlane
So if we do not agree with your way of thinking, then we could not ever amount to anything...
Could it be that folks like you seem to be more [ ORCHESTRATED ] only from the sweet and money from those that you obviously despise ??...For example..: I take my child to Church...You claim that someone molested your child at Church and everyone would know this guy...But you will not disclose the name of this person..How many people will I suspect now ?..Why would I take my child there again .?..Why say anything if it only serves you..?..Maybe the story was a front in the first place ..!!
A front for what exactly?
Old 03-20-2015, 04:23 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

For what could may have happened to the jet.!!!.Maybe someone is leading the bloodhounds off the trail..I remember it was you TheEdge that told me a long time back that to look at things or ask about or try to get things deceptively..Quote[.Simply a creative attempt at presenting a number to you.]..This was the jest when you tried to buy one of my items that I said I would not budge on..I blocked you at that point... ..There are two kinds of people...You and I...Neither will agee who is right...

Last edited by patfairlane; 03-20-2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: left out
Old 03-20-2015, 04:35 PM
flytmates
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Dansy
+1 I was thinking the exact same thing!
+2
Old 03-20-2015, 05:55 PM
oliveDrab

Is this whole thing going to turn out to be simply a misunderstanding? A simple miscommunication - nothing more.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:44 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Libel / slander.

It would have to be a very good picture to identify the box
Old 03-21-2015, 04:15 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I told him to put it here then it went here then there.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:53 AM
Delrin

What a joke. Who airs their dirty laundry in a public forum? It's a shame that SOMETHING occurred, but what a dog and pony show this thread is. Who knows? Will anyone ever, really? I don't even fly jets or know anyone involved. I just think if you're going to post something here, you should have a little thicker skin than a 12 year old. Thousands of people read these threads. Good luck to everyone involved. Bet this guy is at Top Gun and it's a big misunderstanding.

Delrin
Old 03-21-2015, 07:30 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by patfairlane
For what could may have happened to the jet.!!!.Maybe someone is leading the bloodhounds off the trail..I remember it was you TheEdge that told me a long time back that to look at things or ask about or try to get things deceptively..Quote[.Simply a creative attempt at presenting a number to you.]..This was the jest when you tried to buy one of my items that I said I would not budge on..I blocked you at that point... ..There are two kinds of people...You and I...Neither will agee who is right...
Thank you for clarifying, also for blocking me. I'm glad we are different as I wouldn't want to live a life with a twisted mind. Back to the topic.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:14 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

If it turns out that there is an individual who knowingly stole this jet, I would hope at the very least that said individual would be made known to CD's of the major jet events around the country so they could make a decision whether or not to allow this person to attend. The decision to publicly out this person is ultimately in Frank or Eric's hands but it would be nice to know that we can police ourselves and have some level of trust amongst our fellow jet flyers.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:59 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Dreaming!
Old 03-21-2015, 11:59 AM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, obviously many think this is something to make light of, like it's a freaking joke?
With posts like...

After careful investigation and help from two photos taken with a cell phone, it will not be long before the "thief" is announced.
When his name is made public, not only will he be totally embarrassed, I truly think we will cease to see his presence at future jet meets, nationwide!
The photos are quite dark / poor, we have sent them off for enhancement and I was told yesterday that at least one of them will clearly show a man putting the kit
into his "vehicle”.
And.....

I am 80% positive of the identification. Everybody knows this person, he is very well known in the market place. I think I will give this two more days and hope that "someone" contacts "someone" with information of the kit whereabouts.
With all the quotes and cryptic language I'm not sure what you expected. Clearly this is no joke to Eric.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:12 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Dreaming!
Really? How many jet rallies have you been to where someone said another participant may have taken something from them? Point to the threads in this forum where someone said that. Reading some of your recent posts lead me to believe you may have not been to any jet events as a participant.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:52 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by afterburner
Really? How many jet rallies have you been to where someone said another participant may have taken something from them? Point to the threads in this forum where someone said that. Reading some of your recent posts lead me to believe you may have not been to any jet events as a participant.
Do not lash out at me-Just because you fly jets does not make you a good person-hate to burst that little bubble you live in-I know your not a SUPERSONIC IDIOT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.