Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 02:08 PM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Afterburner asked some relevant questions of you. Dodge questions much? Man up and answer them.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:23 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Do not lash out at me-Just because you fly jets does not make you a good person-hate to burst that little bubble you live in-I know your not a SUPERSONIC IDIOT.
Not lashing out. Just stating what I have seen and believe to be true. I'm not living in a bubble believe me. Spent the first thirty years of my life growing up in NYC and the "head on a swivel" mentality never leaves you no matter how long you've been gone from there. The guys I've been flying with in Virginia laugh at me the way I lock things up all the time. I think you're living in a bubble because there's a reality you wish to ignore.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:25 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps the person who said he'd 'out' the thief today should also keep his word.

If a thief is amongst us, is allegedly well known and is a regular at jet events, all then all modelers would benefit in knowing who this person is.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:32 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by afterburner
Not lashing out. Just stating what I have seen and believe to be true. I'm not living in a bubble believe me. Spent the first thirty years of my life growing up in NYC and the "head on a swivel" mentality never leaves you no matter how long you've been gone from there. The guys I've been flying with in Virginia laugh at me the way I lock things up all the time. I think you're living in a bubble because there's a reality you wish to ignore.

I really am not ignoring anything and certainly there appears to be a thief among the jet crowd.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:54 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Easy boys
Old 03-21-2015, 03:24 PM
oliveDrab

Today's Saturday - time's up - who's the thief?
Old 03-21-2015, 03:32 PM
VF84sluggo

^^^^^ Looks like it ain't gonna happen...what a circle-jerk...

Originally Posted by FTiano
So, obviously many think this is something to make light of, like it's a freaking joke? How about this? Just forget me posting anything more about it, other than this: I got the enhanced photos back today,
and it is definitely a person everyone knows. And the person is associated with one of the Vendors! Now ain't that sumthin???? I'll work it out myself with him.
As far as I am concerned, case closed. I won't be posting again, perhaps it was a mistake to do it in the first place... FT

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 03-21-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:35 PM
oliveDrab

Originally Posted by VF84sluggo
^^^^^ Looks like it ain't gonna happen...
Yes Frank, you're quite right, it probably was a mistake to do it in the first place. But this has become a really exciting whodunit. We would really like to know.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:56 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

What??? The OP is not posting anymore? Bummer
Old 03-21-2015, 05:11 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So if Frank posts the pictures of the guy and the jet, and we jump all over him and call him names and ban him from every event for ever and ever, how do we take it all back IF he did not steal it? Just food for thought.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:35 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Wow-no pictures I expected that!
Old 03-21-2015, 05:53 PM
VF84sluggo

Originally Posted by jeffEE
So if Frank posts the pictures of the guy and the jet, and we jump all over him and call him names and ban him from every event for ever and ever, how do we take it all back IF he did not steal it? Just food for thought.
...which is probably the REAL reason FT has gone NORDO; not from some frivolous posts that he thought were a "freaking joke."

Could be all kinds of trouble if he wrongly accused someone in a public forum, and potentially much more serious than just the trouble of "taking it all back."

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 03-21-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:59 PM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

It was Colonel Mustard, with the pipe wrench, in the library.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 PM
teambutter

Just a thought, whether or not FT actually has the pictures or any proof at all is really not the point. He was/is trying to get a resolution to this issue be it by actually outing the alleged thief/thieves or by putting pressure on him/her to come clean and return the jet by saying he had photo evidence. Seems to me that those who are now criticizing FT for not posting "the picture" seem more interested in the drama rather than the actual recovery of the jet. I'd just like to see the issue resolved, whether stolen or otherwise and this thread go away. In the end, if there really was a thief among us, karma is a B**CH! Now back to your regularly scheduled Maury Povich show.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:18 PM
VF84sluggo

^^^^^...so then post that the 'thief' made a mistake, or that the jet accidentally landed in the trunk of his car, or that he had a sudden change of heart, or found Jesus, or something...but post it's all good now, show's over, go home.

The real drama is to build this up, then say "some guys think it's a 'freaking joke' so I'm just gonna call it quits." That's the B.S. drama of this.

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 03-21-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:25 PM
teambutter

^^^^^...Seems to me that Frank admitted as much, that posting this info was a mistake. In my book, that ends it. How, why, who, when, where, is of little consequence to me because I am not the one with a supposed missing jet. I do however hope that at some point there is some clarification as to who was involved so that if in fact this person is a vendor, NO ONE ever patronizes them again.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:51 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would think if frank was to post pictures it would leave him wide open for a libel suit especially at this stage in the game.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:51 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The picture has finally been released! I'm not sure who it is, but the police are going to digitally enhance it, some think it's an inside job.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FTtakingjethome.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	2083078  
Old 03-21-2015, 06:52 PM
teambutter

Lmao!^^^
Old 03-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Consider this,

Frank, who only tried to run an event, that many enjoy, is faced with a scumbag stealing a jet, at his venue. He posts the info, hoping that it will result in a happy ending, ie, the jet gets returned. He is presented with evidence of the identity of the perp, and he shares that fact here publicly. Now he's bombarded with one side saying it's his duty to share the perps identity, for the good of the community, and the other threatening slander/libel, if he's not sure who the thief is. What would you do?

I certainly wouldn't post anymore here, especially a name, until the individual was convicted. Any reasonable person should realize that his primary motivation was to get the jet returned to the rightful owners. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think many here miss the point. If the wrong is just righted, there will be plenty of time to debate outing, or just adjudication of the individual(s) responsible. It's easy to judge from the cheap seats, IMHO.

Erik
Old 03-21-2015, 07:13 PM
teambutter

Originally Posted by Erik R
Consider this,

Frank, who only tried to run an event, that many enjoy, is faced with a scumbag stealing a jet, at his venue. He posts the info, hoping that it will result in a happy ending, ie, the jet gets returned. He is presented with evidence of the identity of the perp, and he shares that fact here publicly. Now he's bombarded with one side saying it's his duty to share the perps identity, for the good of the community, and the other threatening slander/libel, if he's not sure who the thief is. What would you do?

I certainly wouldn't post anymore here, especially a name, until the individual was convicted. Any reasonable person should realize that his primary motivation was to get the jet returned to the rightful owners. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think many here miss the point. If the wrong is just righted, there will be plenty of time to debate outing, or just adjudication of the individual(s) responsible. It's easy to judge from the cheap seats, IMHO.

Erik
+1
Old 03-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Scale Jr.
My Feedback: (1)

If in fact charges are brought upon this person, their name will become public anyway. As far as "baiting" the person who has the jet, I would do anything and everything in my power to find out who it was if It were my jet or happened at my event. Anything is fair game. If the person is an owner of a vendor, the company will fail. If they are an employee, they should be terminated with a public apology. This is all assuming the jet was in fact stolen.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:22 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (34)

After careful investigation and help from two photos taken with a cell phone, it will not be long before the "thief" is announced.
When his name is made public, not only will he be totally embarrassed, I truly think we will cease to see his presence at future jet meets, nationwide!
The photos are quite dark / poor, we have sent them off for enhancement and I was told yesterday that at least one of them will clearly show a man putting the kit
into his "vehicle".
I think he should be more than embarrassed. Personally, I think he should be beat to within an inch of his life, and all HIS (assuming he didn't steal them also) planes should be piled up and burned. Please post his photo and personal info here when you obtain it. Subscribed....
Old 03-22-2015, 12:57 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This whole scenario doesn't pass the smell test. Has it all been posted to create some type of interest ? When a post is made on a public forum, the perp immediately surrounds his wagons. Has a police report been made?
As far as homeowner's insurance covering this model, that may be possible. This has taken on a "circus atmosphere". IMHO, there has been too much talk about this, and no action. If someone was taking pictures, why didn't they alert security, or just run over there, and ask the guy what he was doing ? Modelers usually look out for each other.
A charge of theft has been made, and it has to follow through. This may all turn out to be nothing, just a conversation starter.
Vince V.
Hobe Sound, FL
Old 03-22-2015, 02:38 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could it be the socal thief was owed money and decided to take action?...Then he realize that's theft by law.... ..Oh..well this threat makes my imagination run wild.

Just my opinion

Last edited by basimpsn; 03-22-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.