Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 05:20 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now it all makes sense. Eric makes the post about the jet being missing. It appears the Frank was just trying to flush the thief out by posting a story that included pictures that may or may not have existed. The reason for the Saturday deadline was to hopefully get the person or persons to come forth. I really feel like it was truly stolen and he was trying to help Eric get it back.

Yes I don't think you want to go naming anyone until you have the right person and hopefully the jet back. I feel like Eric will let everyone know who the perpetrators are then we can all admonish them. until then we just need to keep a look out for the jet until Eric lets us know other wise.

Remember Eric it the person who came here and ask for help to recover it.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:36 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Originally Posted by teambutter
How, why, who, when, where, is of little consequence to me because I am not the one with a supposed missing jet. I do however hope that at some point there is some clarification as to who was involved so that if in fact this person is a vendor, NO ONE ever patronizes them again.
It looks like you do indeed want to know 'who' did it or was involved...which you should, for the reason you state at the end of your post: "...so that if in fact this person is a vendor, NO ONE ever patronizes them again." BTW, I agree 100% with your call for a boycott if the perp is a vendor. I'd add that if this person is a Rep for any companies, that designation/authorization should be pulled.

And if the culprit is not a vendor/rep, but is "well known" in the jet crowd - as was alleged by FT - I'd think you'd want to know "who" so that at least you can make sure your stuff is secured if this person is around.

Of course, all this assumes the alleged thief is indeed guilty. Until then, this really is a tempest in a teapot. And even at that, perhaps it's best for FT to share all he has with the OP, BluFox, and then let the OP decide if he wants to name names in this forum.

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 03-22-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:33 AM
rlytle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this ends well for Eric. Hope it doesn't end well for the thief. I saw a similar plane fly yesterday at the gather of the Giants in Cape Coral. a beautiful plane. I don't know much about jets but this one was impressive.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00198.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	2083142  
Old 03-22-2015, 08:33 AM
dmattmul

I made a promise to myself to never post anything to RCU that was not technical but after reading this I need to break it. These kinds of issues are very complex from a legal and liability view. It sucks that we have come down to this but I have been involved in a number of wrongful termination litigations that made me wonder what is right and wrong. There is legal backing that states that if we have a process that "allows" such due process then we can not legally go after this type of behavior. It's amazing but if a company does not have a written policy (that's easy) that documents "theft" and it must enforce every type of "theft" equally. If we have lesser discipline for a minor theft and go after someone who stoled tens of thousands of $ of company property we have set a standard that is not legal and not enforceable. Even if we try to enforce all thefts the same if we have an "environment" that allows these kinds of thefts we can not go after someone who steals from us. It's the "attractive nuisance doctrine" and although nuts holds in court and has costs many US citizens who have done nothing wrong a lot of $. I am sure Frank is handling this in the best and least liability way he can. He has business to look after and it's incidents like this that even an honorable person can loose everything he worked for. Hopefully the perp gets what is coming to him but rushing to judgement is not the right thing to do at this point. Be safe and enjoy building and flying !
Old 03-22-2015, 10:23 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a friend years ago that took a brand new Byron showpiece ducted fan jet to a huge toy/trade show.. It got stolen between the time they rolled it out of the building, to getting it in the car. Everyone was pretty sad and upset.. But it was also an unusual stand out item so I always hoped there was a good chance it would show up.. Sure enough about 2 weeks later some guy shows up at a hobby shop wanting to sell it for about 10 cents on the dollar.. he didn't realize he had a super expensive jet that was going to be in magazines all over the place.. they busted him at the shop.. no idea what happened after that. So it might not go unsolved depending on who took it.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone thought of the term, "Repo"? With the cost of these birds now, maybe the builder repo'd it. If so, case closed.

V
Old 03-22-2015, 12:58 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Anticipation is killing me! Who stole the garbage quality jet? It's ugly as sin, whom would take that anyway? It's probably all stripped down and primed with PPP K-36 primer. Takes about a 6 to 9 months to set one up painted, detail etc. Not to many of these are going to be ordered since anyone that appears at any event will have to show prove of purchase. Can you imagine the scrutiny? "Hey where did you buy this jet". Every time you show up with that item. All I say is laminate prove of purchase on the inside hatch.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:14 PM
VF84sluggo

Heard through the proverbial grape vine that the jet in question, and probably all three, weren't the property of Eric Clapp, that they belong to Fei Bao.

Makes you wonder just what the heck is going on here.

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 03-22-2015 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spelling error...kindly pointed out in post 136...thx
Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM
oliveDrab

Originally Posted by ledd4u
....Who stole the garbage quality jet? It's ugly as sin, whom would take that anyway?
"garbage quality jet" ? "...ugly as sin....." ? Don't think so.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:27 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

VF84sluggo:

Ownership of the four jets was transferred to me Saturday the 7th. As a Fei Bao authorized dealer, I made pre-Florida Jets arrangements with Fei Bao to take any and all Jet models which did not sell during the event. Your grave vine is flawed. . .which I am sure you meant "grape vine" however, I wanted to quote accurately. When you hear a grape vine rumor, in fairness to the party or parties which it involves, I would think you would verify prior to posting. For accuracy, I accepted the following jets:

1. Dolphin S Red checkers - this jet left the venue at 3:30 pm Saturday and is in the hands of my builder. (This was not part of this thread as it was not one of the three)
2. Dolphin Ferrari Paint colors - this jet has been sold and delivered to the new owner
3. Viper Jet - Vodephone colors - this jet is in my possession and is sold waiting to be delivered.
4. L-39 - Removed/stolen/misappropriated etc; without my knowledge or authorization from the venue as stated in the first post of this thread.

I trust this satisfies your curiosity as well as others. . .

Eric

Last edited by BluFox; 03-22-2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: sentence structure/spelling
Old 03-22-2015, 04:05 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

No pictures much like no security.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Wow, this thread is a perpetuation of trolls feasting on the drama that matters very little in the world....Sad and embarrassing
Old 03-22-2015, 05:46 PM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

I love the keyboard courage these message boards seem to propagate. This is nothing but a massive black eye for the hobby and jet modelers in particular.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:57 PM
VF84sluggo

Thanks for clearing that up.

Any idea who the culprit is that took your jet?
Old 03-23-2015, 02:37 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

VF84sluggo:

The investigation is active and proceeding. I cannot comment on anything at this time.

Eric
Old 03-23-2015, 05:56 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

I have been asked to close this thread. At this point in time I see no reason to do so. If the jet in question is returned or at least located and relevant authorities notified I may do so.

Finally if you feel compelled to post in this thread, step away from the keyboard, sit down and think, is it likely to help with the recovery of the jet. If yes go ahead and post, but if you are just making a heated reply or having a 'pop' at another poster then please think thrice before proceeding.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:42 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

whatever happen to Frank Tianos Pictures and his 80% pretty-sureness? Was it all just a bunch of BS?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:26 AM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by j.duncker
I have been asked to close this thread. At this point in time I see no reason to do so. If the jet in question is returned or at least located and relevant authorities notified I may do so.

Finally if you feel compelled to post in this thread, step away from the keyboard, sit down and think, is it likely to help with the recovery of the jet. If yes go ahead and post, but if you are just making a heated reply or having a 'pop' at another poster then please think thrice before proceeding.
Nothing in this thread will help recover anything. If photos exist they should be with the authorities. Anything otherwise stinks.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
whatever happen to Frank Tianos Pictures and his 80% pretty-sureness? Was it all just a bunch of BS?
+1
Old 03-23-2015, 11:27 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this it ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	april-1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	2083659  
Old 03-23-2015, 11:42 AM
willig10

Been very hesitant to post here, but here is my 2 pennies worth. Why on God's green earth would the "Owner" of a 5,000+ dollar jet leave it unattended at a jet meet. Then there is the jet engine that was left as well.

Guys You as an owner have a responsibility to keep your equipment in check. By that I mean under lock and key when you are not around. Depending on someone's security to watch over your equipment is not a good idea and the end result proves it by a Jet getting stolen. Now the owner is hoping that it will show up and the person who took it gets justice. I hate it for the owner but the world we live in today, you cannot trust anyone.

All I am saying is that going forward, you guys that go to these meets. Before you depart to a function put your treasures in a trailer under lock and key or take them with you for safe keeping.

Glenn
Old 03-23-2015, 01:11 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That's if I ever go again, not worth it. Will fly from my local field. I set up my tent, fly eat my lunch, pack and go home. Done going to these events. If I do go to any, Georgia jets. I am done. No pictures, no go.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:01 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

I believe that FT had the best intentions when he stated that he had evidence regarding who "picked up" the L-39. Stating the perps would be outted.

Someone earlier also brought up the fact that how could there be photos of the "theft"? Why would anyone be taking photos of the incident unless it was to be used at a later date in an unscrupulous manner.

Furthermore, FT was assuming that the responsible parties frequent RCU. This fact leads me to believe that the individual is well known and DOES visit RCU on a regular basis.

Kinda doubt that there were ever any pics at all. Anyway, hope your jet gets returned to you Eric.

S
Old 03-23-2015, 02:31 PM
BobbyMcGee

It's best that this matter is handled privately, and through law enforcement. If the "thief" is named publically in this thread, chances are the "thief" will file a defamation of character lawsuit against whoever posted his name and called him a thief.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:34 PM
VF84sluggo

Wondering the same thing myself. Could this be some kind of scam? Things sure don't seem to add up.

Originally Posted by DiscoWings

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 03-23-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.