Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Model stolen at Florida Jets. . .

Old 03-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank T himself said he was through with this thread and would not post any thing else, including the pictures............What part of NO don't you guys understand??????? Let it go until Eric posts something.........PLEASE...........
Old 03-23-2015, 02:43 PM
BobbyMcGee

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
whatever happen to Frank Tianos Pictures and his 80% pretty-sureness? Was it all just a bunch of BS?
Personally, I think Frank realized that he could be sued by the dirtbag if Frank divulged the name of the suspected thief. (See my post #149.)

So until then, my money is on Professor Plum ...
Old 03-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Couch Potato

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
Let it go until Eric posts something.........PLEASE...........
No, I'm all psyched up for a lynching !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	2083701  
Old 03-23-2015, 03:52 PM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is participation in these jet meets increasing or decreasing, from contestants and visitors ?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:41 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, let it go and leave Frank alone. However abrasive he is , the dude bends over backwards to do things right. He cant always please all people, nor does he have to. One thing everyone can be certain of is that Frank has and will continue to handle the situation to the best of doing what is right. Unfortunately this means that some of our curiosities can't be satisfied, but this does not need to turn into a mob demanding of Frank whats is not owed to anyone here besides those at actual loss.

You have a problem, go organize your own "perfect" events,

Voy
Old 03-23-2015, 07:05 PM
JLTboeing727

We can't trust anyone anymore.. What a shame to lose a jet of that size.. I'll also keep an eye out for the jet...
Old 03-23-2015, 11:09 PM
dirtyoldman00
My Feedback: (100)

Home owners insurance and ama may cover some of it
Old 03-24-2015, 05:58 AM
Albie1077
My Feedback: (6)

Really? Homeowners Claim!
If you have to pull a Homeowners Claim on a Airframe, I think you prorities are a little off. Maybe glow planes, or Foamys are more manageable?
It really sucks that we have to even get to this point.
-A
Old 03-24-2015, 09:46 AM
toolmaker7341

Homeowners Claim. applicable only if the jet were at home or in a trailer attached to an insured car or truck
Old 03-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

After reading between the lines on this thread imo this is not really a "stolen" jet. I have no facts or involvement with this situation what so ever. If it was truly a well known vender who goes to many shows then is it possible this vendor has something to do with fei bao and there is some type of misunderstanding as to who owns that jet and those two party's will work it out end of story...just my two cents
Old 03-24-2015, 06:25 PM
dirtyoldman00
My Feedback: (100)

Yeh your right my plane was stolen out of my truck had a hassel but they did pay
Old 03-25-2015, 11:51 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=wojtek;12008976]Guys, let it go and leave Frank alone. However abrasive he is , the dude bends over backwards to do things right. He cant always please all people, nor does he have to. One thing everyone can be certain of is that Frank has and will continue to handle the situation to the best of doing what is right. Unfortunately this means that some of our curiosities can't be satisfied, but this does not need to turn into a mob demanding of Frank whats is not owed to anyone here besides those at actual loss.

You have a problem, go organize your own "perfect" events,

Actually I think Frank was the one that teased the crowd with promises of pictures and a timeline release of information as well as a 80% of really knowing who the guy or gal was-Sure everyone has the right to change their mind but IMHO I think he brought a lot of unwanted attention to this event that suggests there may be a lack of security, disorganization and possible unsavory characters that it may attract among other things.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:05 AM
willig10

Well has anyone got pictures? Did the sorry sucker get caught or what?

Glenn
Old 03-29-2015, 06:06 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Here's the Closing Statement and then as far as I am concerned, this thread may be closed. I will not respond to it again.
The bottom line: the photo was crap in that it showed someone handing a box in that area. I embellished the" story" in hopes of flushing out the perpetrator,
but was unsuccessful in getting anything concrete. The photo did NOT enhance well enough to get a clear picture of who it was. We are NOT even certain that
the photo wasn't of one of the Vendors simply moving a kit from one place to another. With all that took place, of course I have my suspicions as to what happened,
but it would not be fair for me to share that and cause anyone unwarranted grief if I were mistaken. This is the first time in 31 years that this has happened, we will incorporate measure
to make it more difficult to happen in the future. So, this case is closed as far as we are concerned. The Police are involved now, and they are far better at investigating than we are!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:12 AM
oliveDrab

Originally Posted by FTiano
Here's the Closing Statement ....
Thanks Frank. We appreciate your response.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:13 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the summary, Frank.

Avoiding any speculation is wise, and with the matter in police hands, at this point, I think you're right: enough said on this whole mess.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:35 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FTiano
Here's the Closing Statement and then as far as I am concerned, this thread may be closed. I will not respond to it again.
The bottom line: the photo was crap in that it showed someone handing a box in that area. I embellished the" story" in hopes of flushing out the perpetrator,
but was unsuccessful in getting anything concrete. The photo did NOT enhance well enough to get a clear picture of who it was. We are NOT even certain that
the photo wasn't of one of the Vendors simply moving a kit from one place to another. With all that took place, of course I have my suspicions as to what happened,
but it would not be fair for me to share that and cause anyone unwarranted grief if I were mistaken. This is the first time in 31 years that this has happened, we will incorporate measure
to make it more difficult to happen in the future. So, this case is closed as far as we are concerned. The Police are involved now, and they are far better at investigating than we are!
I was reading in the shadows - that you would not post again ? only to find out that you "embellished a story" ......or should we say BS'd a story !!! shame on on you Mr Tiano
So now you admit you don't know who was in the picture you so emphatically advertised you had clearly showing the culprit
Seems to me all your events security is suspect ?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am reading this and thinking to myself, "what a friggin soap opera"! One thing does stick out in my mind and it's two posts that Mr. Tiano has made:

"I am 80% positive of the identification. Everybody knows this person, he is very well known in the market place. I think I will give this two more days and hope that "someone" contacts "someone" with information of the kit whereabouts.
Or maybe somebody will just call one of the people and say, here it is, no questions asked. If nothing by Saturday, we will release what we have.
This is going to end participation in any jet events for this person or persons!

So, obviously many think this is something to make light of, like it's a freaking joke? How about this? Just forget me posting anything more about it, other than this: I got the enhanced photos back today,
and it is definitely a person everyone knows. And the person is associated with one of the Vendors! Now ain't that sumthin???? I'll work it out myself with him."

Both of these statements made by Mr. Tiano cast a negative light on someone who obviously is well known by the jet community and is associated with a vendor. So basically he just implied that someone from a large vendor in the jet community is a thief. Am I reading this wrong? In my opinion it was incredibly wrong to even make these two above statements, but when questioned about what he himself took the time to post, he gets upset about it. Why not let the police deal with it and leave it alone? I am sorry but you have rung a bell that can't be un-rung now.

Let's say I was one of the well known vendors at your event and known to the community. I would be quite upset at the fact that you had indirectly just accused me or one of my employees of being a thief. Although I would know the truth about being a thief, the people on these forums now have doubt about every person who works for a vendor.

Just my .02

Patrick
Old 03-29-2015, 11:12 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

He tried a bluff, it didn't work, big deal, move along now.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

The puzzling part about the bluff is that it was directed to a specific individual(s). If one didn't suspect anyone in particular , why use the vendor relationship as part of the bluff? After all if the thief is not vendor related, he will immediately know the Frank had no clue on his identity.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:46 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont you guys ever play Poker?
Old 03-29-2015, 03:12 PM
slipknot 26

I was at FJ Thursday and it was Awesome. Going around from tent to tent talking with the guys was very informative for me as I fly 1/4 scale aerobatics and would eventually like to get a turbine. I think it really sucks that there are thieves out there that screw it up for the rest of us because I'm sure security will be tighter and the honest Joe will suffer. I thought the event was well run and enjoyed it thouroughly. keep up the good work Frank, see you at Top Gun!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	florida Jets 310.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	2084985   Click image for larger version

Name:	florida Jets 330.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	2084986   Click image for larger version

Name:	florida Jets 350.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	2084987   Click image for larger version

Name:	florida Jets 298.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	2084988   Click image for larger version

Name:	florida Jets 344.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	2084989  

Last edited by slipknot 26; 03-29-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:48 PM
oliveDrab

"Please - disperse! Nothing to see here. Please!" - Detective Frank Drebbin, Naked Gun

I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread now. It's been fun, entertaining, and educational. Buh-bye!

Last edited by oliveDrab; 03-30-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:13 PM
BobbyMcGee

Originally Posted by sirrom
I am reading this and thinking to myself, "what a friggin soap opera"! ..... these statements made by Mr. Tiano cast a negative light on someone who obviously is well known by the jet community and is associated with a vendor. So basically he just implied that someone from a large vendor in the jet community is a thief. Am I reading this wrong? Just my .02
Patrick
Yes, you are reading this wrong. What Frank wrote is as plain as day, and I can't believe you didn't see it! Frank wrote that he prefers to eat Italian food over Chinese food during the weekends, but not on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:42 PM
jtlittle
My Feedback: (7)

Just remember "Bit Dog Barks the Loudest"

I think the ploy by FT was an admirable attempt to flush the lowlife. For you who did not like the ploy I sure hope this guy is not cutting the locks on your trailer or kicking your backdoor in next.

Last edited by jtlittle; 03-31-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.